Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Compact Dicks - New singer and new songs!

Compact Dicks - New singer and new songs!

Yup, then we have found a new singer. His name is Jack Boner, and he got a great voice. We have also recorded 3 brand new songs - "Slaves to the Groove", "Outside" and "Good Girls Go to Heaven (Bad Girls Rock 'n' Roll)", all of them written by our excellent guitarist Steve Peck who also plays piano and strings.
Musically we play 80's hard rock/glam with a little pop touch to it. But hey, just check out the songs yourself! http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_cool.gif
www.myspace.com/compactdicks
If you want to download them, they will appeare on this site soon: http://www11.nrk.no/urort/Artist/Compac ... fault.aspx

This songs will soon be released on a mini EP

PS: We like to get feedback! http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif

dick hardy
useravatar
596 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
0 Points
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Compact Dicks - New singer and new songs!

can't wait to listen!!!  http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif

tommi läzzive
useravatar
1140 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 Points
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Thanxxx, Tommy.

But the general interrest is way too low here current/big_smile

dick hardy
useravatar
596 Posts
0 Points

Slaves to the Groove: The beginning is like "I Wan't Action Tonight" haha. You should skip that part. The bass must be louder. And more distortion in the whole song!

Outside: I just gotta comment that accent current/lol This song is really good! But please Mr Boner, practice on proper accent! And sing with more balls! I like the guitar solo. But hey, keep the vocals in the same track current/wink I noticed that you have recorded one chorus by itself, and that doesnt sound good. But I like the song.

Good Girls Go to Heaven (Bad Girls RN'R):  Good song, but it sounds kinda strange with that brigde at 2:28 current/lol But it sounds good actually after a listen. Insert a big high note scream before the chorus at 3:09
with a lot of balls! That would be great.

OVERALL:
I like it, but more balls! More noice! More rock n' roll! Add those magic indi and you'll be awesome! This is fucking great! One of the best demo bands I've heard! If you're coming to Stockholm, you bet I'll see you current/wink

foby
useravatar
3649 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points

Like foby said ''Sing with more balls'' ..

izak_acid
useravatar
1456 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 Points

Yup, thanx for the feedback. Yes, we know all this. I just wanna inform you that mr. Boner joined the band just a week before the recording, he had caught a cold right before the recording, and besides, you can't get too much out of a bag of pennies (these 3 songs costed about 6000 NOK to make, included mix and mastering).
And about his accent, I totally agree. Power metal fans are hard to convert http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif . We will do a more proper recording sometime.

dick hardy
useravatar
596 Posts
0 Points

Dick Hardy wrote:

Yup, thanx for the feedback. Yes, we know all this. I just wanna inform you that mr. Boner joined the band just a week before the recording, he had caught a cold right before the recording, and besides, you can't get too much out of a bag of pennies (these 3 songs costed about 6000 NOK to make, included mix and mastering).
And about his accent, I totally agree. Power metal fans are hard to convert http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif . We will do a more proper recording sometime.

You really need to practice on that accent haha, but I think you are great dudes! Listening to Good Girls Go To Heaven now actually current/big_smile

foby
useravatar
3649 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points

Bandphoto:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c130/dick667/Bandphoto.jpg

dick hardy
useravatar
596 Posts
0 Points

Okay, now you can order our 3 track EP. Just send an e-mail to compact_dicks@yahoo.no. 50 NOK.

Btw. don't forget to vote for us at the Sweden Rock Nordic Challenge contest: http://www.swedenrock.com/frameset.cfm?pageID=397  current/big_smile

Thank you.

dick hardy
useravatar
596 Posts
0 Points

Gig tomorrow in Tretten, Norway, for those who might be in the district.

dick hardy
useravatar
596 Posts
0 Points
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
breloczek56
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Chatterbox

Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
Sleazoid: hi :)
KerLondonLepard: :) Hey :)
KerLondonLepard: I live in Italy :) sorry for reply now!
Sleazoid: Aww its okay, I was straightening my hair anyway :D
Wow, my parents were born in Italy :)
I'd like to visit Italy some day. :)
KerLondonLepard: :D Nice..but are u a girl or boy?
Sleazoid: Boy :)
KerLondonLepard: :D
Sleazoid: Goodnight from me. :) Its 3am here and I have work in a few short hours :|
Nice talking to you, have a wonderful day/night.
Take care.
KerLondonLepard: Ohw sorry I see it now! goodnight my friend! :D take care! nice to chat with u :)
Sleazoid: It's okay :)
KerLondonLepard: :) hey
miszczurek: Sleazoid, I like this login :D
KerLondonLepard: Hi!
KerLondonLepard: :)
Sleazoid: I am here :)
Lets good more people on and chatting :)
KerLondonLepard: Hey :)
Sleazoid: Hello everyone :)
How are we all today :)
KerLondonLepard: Hello :) I'm fine and u? :)
Sleazoid: I am good thanks. Listening to Hardcore Superstar how about you :)
I have my one day off work in a two week cycle (yay me) and might have a few items arrive of which I purchased from here.
KerLondonLepard: Ohw nice,I am watching TV and I am chatting with my friend now :)
Sleazoid: :) I noticed we have a few more people online tonight which is nice :)
KerLondonLepard: Yeah! I'm so happy for this! :D
KerLondonLepard: But I miss Peter!
KerLondonLepard: hehe...
Sleazoid: hehe. Yeah its hard to replace Peter but I am sure he is really busy.
KerLondonLepard: Yeah! For sure :) he will come back when he can :D
Sleazoid: as long as he is happy and doing what he likes then its cool. He'll be back eventually when he gets a chance. He's probably working on the website or something.
Sleazoid: of course I hope they are all happily working on more music.
KerLondonLepard: we will stay here and wait him :D
KerLondonLepard: :)
Sleazoid: hehe yep :D
KerLondonLepard: :D
KerLondonLepard: I chatted with him so much times and he is very kind :)
miszczurek: yeeees Hardcore Superstar!
miszczurek: sup guyz?
KerLondonLepard: Hey there!

Only registered users can chat!
Please register or login :)

Recent Forum Topics

by PrimalScream91
Oct-19-14 23:37:35
by Kraljosovina
Oct-18-14 23:33:24
by miszczurek
Oct-13-14 14:35:45