Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

GUNS N' ROSES

GUNS N' ROSES

Yeah I know it's a stupid topic but I found it nowhere on this forum and I wanna hear what you think about them.

I think it was the best band ever on this planet and Slash was the guy, who took me into guitar playin'

But now I have to say that Axl will never make it without at least Slash N' Duff
And most of the Chinese Democracy demos are very shitty. Even Velvet Revolver is better...

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

P. fizzy Suxx
Mister Downbone
useravatar
3685 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: GUNS N' ROSES

They will never be the same without Slash. But back in their days they were one of the greatest rock bands ever. Apetite is absolutly one of my fav albums that excist.

headbangerhåll
useravatar
990 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 Points
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

They're not my cup of tea

waspgirl
useravatar
3219 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points

WaspGirl wrote:

mine they are  http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_cool.gif  could drink them all the time..current/wink

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"

mimz
useravatar
1950 Posts
Born To Die Free
0 Points
Female  Website 

I like the new gnr, but ofcourse i prefer the old one with slash, duff, matt, dizzy.. you know

dustnbones_
useravatar
153 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points

I only liked the original lineup (Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven)

I think they had good chemistry writing together and on stage. I don't care for the new GNR...not at all.

I remember 1st seeing Guns N Roses when I was really little. I was watching MTV at my aunt's house, and a gnr music video came on, and I guess when I saw Duff, I turned to my aunt and yelled "He's so cute!" in a high pitched squeaky voice...she never lets me forget it.haha. current/lol

alias
useravatar
153 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points

I saw the new GNR in 2006. They put a hell of a show! Me liked... But of course I too prefer old...

wekkie
useravatar
706 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
0 Points

Of course you like the old GN'R the new Guns have nothing released to like.

The Demo's that we have are at least 2 years old so they've probably changed. I'd see the new GN'R again, in '06 they were really good.

liquor n? drugs
useravatar
0 Posts
Newcomer

Jack Daniel's wrote:

WaspGirl wrote:

mine they are  http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_cool.gif  could drink them all the time..current/wink

yeah me too!!! http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_10.gif

P. fizzy Suxx
Mister Downbone
useravatar
3685 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

i love the old line up, too bad they made their separate ways

sofy
useravatar
34 Posts
Newcomer
0 Points

I really like few thing but overall they're not my fave cup of tea... and actually, the more it goes on the more axl is turning the joke of rock! I mean, hetifield was right when he called him axl pose, sadly!

§black_harmony§
useravatar
278 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points

Slash is over-rated. He got some good riffs and bluesy solos but people think he's better than what he really is due his image. Stupid. I value his time in GNR and how his image and superb guitar players made GNR a force to be reckonened with, but he wouldnt be anywhere without Axl. Axl made that band and made them at least stick togheter for a few years. If GNR had a singer like Vince Neil or with the drug habits of Nikki Sixx we wouldnt have heard one bit about GNR today.

To say Velvet Revolver's music is better than There Was  A Time, Better, I.R.S, Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, The Blues or the excellent (but yet low quality) demo of Catcher in the Rye is like saying saying The Sex Pistols were better music composers than Beethoven.

dck
useravatar
93 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Birthday  Website 

DCK wrote:

Slash is over-rated. He got some good riffs and bluesy solos but people think he's better than what he really is due his image. Stupid. I value his time in GNR and how his image and superb guitar players made GNR a force to be reckonened with, but he wouldnt be anywhere without Axl. Axl made that band and made them at least stick togheter for a few years. If GNR had a singer like Vince Neil or with the drug habits of Nikki Sixx we wouldnt have heard one bit about GNR today.

To say Velvet Revolver's music is better than There Was  A Time, Better, I.R.S, Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, The Blues or the excellent (but yet low quality) demo of Catcher in the Rye is like saying saying The Sex Pistols were better music composers than Beethoven.

I think velvet revolver is better than the new guns n' roses. And Slash is(was) much more important for Guns than Axl is.

headbangerhåll
useravatar
990 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 Points

well, slash was for sure very imortant to rock music for one simple reason. he inspired many many new guitar player. go and ask to the new generation "guitar heroes" like alexi laiho or jani liimatatinen who their inspirations are, and slash is going to be there. but I acutally think that axl and slash worked better together than alone...

§black_harmony§
useravatar
278 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points

I think velvet revolver is better than the new guns n' roses. And Slash is(was) much more important for Guns than Axl is.

I'll be interested in knowing how you on earth can make Slash more important than Axl in GNR. If anyone was more important than Axl it was Izzy and he's still not as important. VR better than GNR demo's is your subjective opinion talking which is fine (some people like grunge and Weiland afterall), but to claim Slash was more important to GNR than Axl or Izzy is pretty daring.

Slash is an inspiration to many, but the image again plays a big role. He's a superb guitar player no doubt, but GNR would never have made it without Axl.

dck
useravatar
93 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Birthday  Website 

Slash is only overrated by people who think he is better than he is.
Everybody know he isn't the best guitarist around, no one states that (well, some ignorant people do) but being a technically good guitarist and being able to come up with good music is different things.

And Axl kept the whole thing togheter? Come on. Axl did break up the band, and thats a known fact.
And argueing about who was most important is equally stupid, since without Slash, the solos and alot of the riffs wouldn't be there (well, Izzy came up with stuff to but you know what I mean) and without Axl they wouldn't have that iconic voice, it was the whole band combined that made them succesful.
And VR is playing more rock n roll stuff, with more guitars in it, thats what Slash have always wanted to do, Axl plays more pretentious (not in a bad way) music.
I personally like both bands, Catcher in the rye, Better, IRS, Chinese Democracy, TWAT. All great songs.
The same with VR's stuff.

Oh, and I love Guns N' Roses, it's my favourite band of all time. Fuck yeah

martin_monroe
useravatar
150 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points

DCK wrote:

I'll be interested in knowing how you on earth can make Slash more important than Axl in GNR. If anyone was more important than Axl it was Izzy and he's still not as important. VR better than GNR demo's is your subjective opinion talking which is fine (some people like grunge and Weiland afterall), but to claim Slash was more important to GNR than Axl or Izzy is pretty daring.

Slash is an inspiration to many, but the image again plays a big role. He's a superb guitar player no doubt, but GNR would never have made it without Axl.

Ok, maybe he is not more important than Axl, i guess i just think he is cooler.
But Slash was more important than Izzy for sure.

headbangerhåll
useravatar
990 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 Points

headbangerhåll wrote:

DCK wrote:

Ok, maybe he is not more important than Axl, i guess i just think he is cooler.
But Slash was more important than Izzy for sure.

Izzy wrote songs.

izak_acid
useravatar
1456 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 Points

You people don't seem to be very enlightened about GNR history.  current/lol

As for Izzy, Izzy was Axl's friend from Indiana and also a major contributor to GNR's success because he did the majority of the songs while Axl put the lyrics and melodies to them. I hate it when people speak of Slash first and Izzy second. When Izzy left, the band fell apart from the inside out. Izzy was somewhat the glue. Which makes him as important to the band dynamics as Slash was, but Izzy is hardly mentioned.

And now for Axl being the major factor of keeping that damn band togheter. Izzy was on heroin, Adler was already on his way to being severely fucked up, Duff was an alcholic and Slash was on cocaine and any other substances. Izzy was so fucked up from time to time that he played the wrong song in the wrong key which resulted in their roadies turning his amps down without him noticing.

With a band like that you need someone to take control. Axl kept sane enough and was actually able to lay some plans and look ahead. It was Axl's plans, not Izzy, Slash or Duff. They had more than enough work on their hands just being able to do a concert. While Axl fought mostly his inner mental demons, the other went into a complete craze probably only (and maybe not) beaten by Motley Crue. It's rather hard to understand this being a late teenager and from Scandinavia. Without Axl being at least semi-sober that band would have fallen apart before they even had gotten off the finish line. And this ain't me bullshitting, Slash speaks of how Axl kept more sober than them in Sixx's Heroin Diaries. Besides, I don't belive in band democracy.

I think we all know about the famous Axl speech back in the late 80's when he said that this would be last show by this band because some members were dancing a little too hard with Mr. Brownstone.

It's easy to give Axl shit and blame it all on him, but if people actually bothered to dig into GNR's group dynamics and band individuals, you'll get a more neutral story than the regular bullshit the media throws at Axl.

And your "fact" that Axl broke up the band is not a fact, but a subjective opinion coming from you. A fact as to what caused the band to split is not known to anyone but the band members themselves and judging from what comes out from both camps, I doubt they have any clue themselves and just keep blaming each other like confused teenagers.

dck
useravatar
93 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Birthday  Website 

Well I would say that everybody on GnR was important: AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF N' STEVEN

An Example: Matt Sorum is definately a better drummer than Steven Adler. But without Steven it was not the same Gn'R it was with him. It was somethin' missin'. They were always a gang of five Rokkers and only with these, they were GnR. you know what I mean?

Well when Izzy left, they were just a live band in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I like Gilby Clarke and he has done his job very well but I would say it's the same thing like Steven and Matt. And once I heard Duff saying:"I think the band broke up since Izzy left." That show that Izzy Stradlin' was the fukkin' heart of Gn'R.

In the early days of the band Izzy wrote most of the songs (Patience, Think About You etc.) Axl put such great vocals on it and of course he wrote a lot songs too. Slash has put his unbelieveble melodic lines and solos over it and Duff and Steven the rhythm parts.
So If there only one part missin' , the whole song will sound different.
that are my meanings about GnR.

btw I think everybody knows that Slash isn't the best Guitarist in the whole world (maybe Eddie Van Halen or Yngwie Malmsteen are) but for me he is the best guitarist coz he plays with so much feelin' and he put his emotions in his play. That's the reason he's the best guitarist for me.

P. fizzy Suxx
Mister Downbone
useravatar
3685 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
breloczek56
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Chatterbox

Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
Sleazoid: hi :)
KerLondonLepard: :) Hey :)
KerLondonLepard: I live in Italy :) sorry for reply now!
Sleazoid: Aww its okay, I was straightening my hair anyway :D
Wow, my parents were born in Italy :)
I'd like to visit Italy some day. :)
KerLondonLepard: :D Nice..but are u a girl or boy?
Sleazoid: Boy :)
KerLondonLepard: :D
Sleazoid: Goodnight from me. :) Its 3am here and I have work in a few short hours :|
Nice talking to you, have a wonderful day/night.
Take care.
KerLondonLepard: Ohw sorry I see it now! goodnight my friend! :D take care! nice to chat with u :)
Sleazoid: It's okay :)
KerLondonLepard: :) hey
miszczurek: Sleazoid, I like this login :D
KerLondonLepard: Hi!
KerLondonLepard: :)
Sleazoid: I am here :)
Lets good more people on and chatting :)
KerLondonLepard: Hey :)
Sleazoid: Hello everyone :)
How are we all today :)
KerLondonLepard: Hello :) I'm fine and u? :)
Sleazoid: I am good thanks. Listening to Hardcore Superstar how about you :)
I have my one day off work in a two week cycle (yay me) and might have a few items arrive of which I purchased from here.
KerLondonLepard: Ohw nice,I am watching TV and I am chatting with my friend now :)
Sleazoid: :) I noticed we have a few more people online tonight which is nice :)
KerLondonLepard: Yeah! I'm so happy for this! :D
KerLondonLepard: But I miss Peter!
KerLondonLepard: hehe...
Sleazoid: hehe. Yeah its hard to replace Peter but I am sure he is really busy.
KerLondonLepard: Yeah! For sure :) he will come back when he can :D
Sleazoid: as long as he is happy and doing what he likes then its cool. He'll be back eventually when he gets a chance. He's probably working on the website or something.
Sleazoid: of course I hope they are all happily working on more music.
KerLondonLepard: we will stay here and wait him :D
KerLondonLepard: :)
Sleazoid: hehe yep :D
KerLondonLepard: :D
KerLondonLepard: I chatted with him so much times and he is very kind :)
miszczurek: yeeees Hardcore Superstar!
miszczurek: sup guyz?
KerLondonLepard: Hey there!

Only registered users can chat!
Please register or login :)

Recent Forum Topics

by PrimalScream91
Oct-19-14 23:37:35
by Kraljosovina
Oct-18-14 23:33:24
by miszczurek
Oct-13-14 14:35:45