Forgot password? | Forgot username?

GUNS N' ROSES

Re: GUNS N' ROSES

Izzy was important I know, he was the one making Axl and the rest talk to eachother. (I think it was Duff or Slash that said that)

And although it was because of Axl and him leading the way they became huge, it was his fault the band broke up. Not because he made the others give him the rights to the bandname, (it was probably the best thing to do in that position) but because he said he would leave and make a new band, and invited Duff and Slash tojoin him, that would have resulted in him totally ruling everything that they'd do so I kind aunderstand why they left.

In that sense, he is resposible for breaking up the band. But unlike lot of the people on the web, I don't take sides. I like both VR and new GN'R. And although Slash made me (and alot of others) pick up a guitar, if I was a singer, I would hold Axl as my greatest inspiration.

martin_monroe
useravatar
150 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

It looks like you have done your homework, guys current/lol .
But even if Izzy and Axl was more important songwriters i still think that Slash is the coolest GN'R-member ever. And that makes him very important. And he  can play  the guitar pretty well to.

headbangerhåll
useravatar
990 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 Points
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

headbangerhåll wrote:

It looks like you have done your homework, guys current/lol .
But even if Izzy and Axl was more important songwriters i still think that Slash is the coolest GN'R-member ever. And that makes him very important. And he  can play  the guitar pretty well to.

thx
well coolness is a fact but for some people coolness has an other defination as for other.

For me Slash is fukkin' cool. I love him.
But the coolest Gn'R member is (was) Izzy Stradlin' for sure.

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

P. fizzy Suxx
Mister Downbone
useravatar
3685 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

fizzy suxx wrote:

But the coolest Gn'R member is (was) Izzy Stardlin' for sure.

for me it is still slash, but that is up to everyone to decide on their own.

headbangerhåll
useravatar
990 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 Points

And although it was because of Axl and him leading the way they became huge, it was his fault the band broke up. Not because he made the others give him the rights to the bandname, (it was probably the best thing to do in that position) but because he said he would leave and make a new band, and invited Duff and Slash tojoin him, that would have resulted in him totally ruling everything that they'd do so I kind aunderstand why they left.

In that sense, he is resposible for breaking up the band. But unlike lot of the people on the web, I don't take sides. I like both VR and new GN'R. And although Slash made me (and alot of others) pick up a guitar, if I was a singer, I would hold Axl as my greatest inspiration.

This is just educated guesses from your part and doesn't really hold any weight for your argument.

This about him leaving the band is brand new information to me. I would be very interested where you picked up on it.

dck
useravatar
93 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
3 Points
Birthday  Website 

I've read it in alot of places. Gonna see if i can find it. I have limited access to the web these days so it won't be done in  second.

I think I read on gnrdaily.com a couple of months  ago.

EDIT: found it http://gnrdaily.com/news_detail.asp?id=1045

martin_monroe
useravatar
150 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points

Hey That’s right,

They are the best band I have ever heard
Before few days I was looking for their album to share that album with my friends on my new music sharing community.

http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_09.gif

justinb1234
useravatar
1 Posts
Newcomer
0 Points

I think everyone in GnR has their own place and I totally love their music.

hyperfrida
useravatar
95 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points

some news:

-Gn'R guitarist Robin Finck will go on with Nine Inch Nails
-Axl Rose has a new management, Velvet Revolver has the same  :!:  :?:
-Velvet Revolver has fired Scott Weiland as singer

all these news has one simple meaning: REUNION current/lol

P. fizzy Suxx
Mister Downbone
useravatar
3685 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

fizzy suxx wrote:

some news:

-Gn'R guitarist Robin Finck will go on with Nine Inch Nails
-Axl Rose has a new management, Velvet Revolver has the same  :!:  :?:
-Velvet Revolver has fired Scott Weiland as singer

all these news has one simple meaning: REUNION current/lol

i don't think that will ever happen, but i also hope so

kittie
useravatar
264 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points

Reunion isn't going to happen, if it was going to happen it would've already happened.

Finck has "left" GN'R once before, to go back with Trent Reznor, this isn't anything new. Just look what the other guys in the band are doing, Fortus has been playing with X Japan and has reunited with some of his old bands, Dizzy has been touring with a couple of bands, Bumblefoot has been doing his solo stuff, Frank has been doing a couple of gigs with different bands and so has Tommy. Finck will probably be back.

They're getting the digital rights sorted for the album anyway. Things like bonus tracks and stuff are seeming to be proving a problem. So to be honest, we're closer to getting the album than we've ever been. It could be this year, with the new managment as well, these guys don't fuck around so it's all good news.

liquor n? drugs
useravatar
0 Posts
Newcomer

Yeah, everyone is like, OMG one of the three guitarists have left, and VR has no singer. VR is already practicing with a new singer from what I have understood.
And I don't think Slash would come back without atleast Duff and Tommy have ben onboard since Duff left so I don't think Axl would just kick him out.

martin_monroe
useravatar
150 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points

I don't think that there's a Reunion too but I think Axl will do it for money and Slash and Duff will do it for money 'coz everybody will do it for money.sad but true.
And Axl will kikk Tommy out, for sure.

btw in the last years the original members have come closer to each other. Look, Axl performed with Izzy on stage last year and Izzy has written a few songs for the first Velvet Revolver album Contraband. And then the Adler's Appetite Gig with Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven onstage.
I think that only Slash and Axl hate each other.

P. fizzy Suxx
Mister Downbone
useravatar
3685 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

fizzy suxx wrote:

I don't think that there's a Reunion too but I think Axl will do it for money and Slash and Duff will do it for money 'coz everybody will do it for money.sad but true.

To quote Slash:

"If the reunion was all about the money, we would've done that a long time ago"

liquor n? drugs
useravatar
0 Posts
Newcomer

Liquor N' Drugs wrote:

fizzy suxx wrote:

To quote Slash:

"If the reunion was all about the money, we would've done that a long time ago"

I wish he said the fukkin truth. current/roll

P. fizzy Suxx
Mister Downbone
useravatar
3685 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

The only one of the original member who needs money is basicly Steven.

And I don't think Slash hates Axl, Slash is pretty open for some reunion gigs. It's Axl who isn't. And I don't think he would just kick out Tommy, he's been in the band for 10 years, and thats almost as long as Duff was in. I would say (I don't know shit about this) that he consider him a friend and wouldn't kick him out.

Anyone notice how on the new GN'R merch there are no pictures of any  member other than Axl?

martin_monroe
useravatar
150 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points

Tommy Stinson is one of Axl's best friends. I doubt he'll be going anytime soon.

liquor n? drugs
useravatar
0 Posts
Newcomer

I think the only thing we can do is wait.
maybe for a reunion or maybe for Chinese Democracy but I don't wanna hear Chinese Democracy coz I think it will suxx against the last Gn'R records.

P. fizzy Suxx
Mister Downbone
useravatar
3685 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

I'm all for Axl releasing Chinese Democracy and do a tour with the current line-up, maybe even release another album (since some say that CD will be a series of album). During that time Velvet Revolver can put out a third record and tour. Plus the members of VR have talked about doing some stuff on their own after that.

But after that I think it would be nice to see a reunion tour. Maybe even an album.

martin_monroe
useravatar
150 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points

The demo's for the new songs by Axl are impressive, and it was Sebastian Bach who said there's 4 albums worth of material. That's what the ~$13 Million has been spent on, not just one album which many people think it has been.

I can't wait for the new record. Axl still has it, you just have to look at the recent tour to see that.

liquor n? drugs
useravatar
0 Posts
Newcomer
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
majjema
Members Online: