Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

GUNS N' ROSES

Re: GUNS N' ROSES

Music is something that you express from your feelings. I doubt anyone from the classic line-up will be able to produce songs of the same feelings as AFD. People tend to say that there are specific line-ups  that can't make bad music. Richards n Jagger for example, don't you think that time is pretty essential in the equation so to speak? Even though Slash would be sitting around the rearsal place coming up with a lick, Izzy would loosly play some chords around it, duff would come up with a bassline to back up Izzy, Steven would hit  some shit around that and Axl would start humming on a melody and get some lyrics going, it wouldn't be the same. Slash still got the blues, Izzy still got his amazing rock n roll songwriting, Duff got the raging punk and Adler got real feeling in his drumming. Axl went pretty industrial, I respect him for that, CD is a great album but would it be enough for making a really great rock n roll album? AFD is holy, I don't want them to try again. How can you tell the tale of a new Niightrain with duff, izzy and lash being sober? Welcome to the jungle when they all have huge houses in LAs finest areas? Out Ta Get me when they all have bodyguards?

Not gonna work...

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened!  current/smile

axl whïte
useravatar
3083 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

quite wise himself, young Axl is...

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

just had to share this article because it's so awesome!
http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news/01240.shtml

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

cheers for axl
this hall of fame is totally bullshit! and a disgrace to rock n roll
i think alot more rock n roll bands should reject this crap

gothMINd
useravatar
1073 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
3 Points
Male  Website 

mrs v. viper wrote:

just had to share this article because it's so awesome!
http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news/01240.shtml

I think it was some good stuff but alot of bullshit!

gothMINd wrote:

cheers for axl

Yeah, I think so too. I'm very glad IF Axl's resaon is just that, that he doesn't agree with the Rock and roll Hall of Fame of doing things.
But of course im sadden that I won't see my favourite band reunited even for one night.

AXL - STEVEN - IZZY - DUFF - SLASH  --- In Memory Of Guns N' Roses

Kraljosovina
Happy Go Lucky Me :D
useravatar
1420 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
36 Points
Birthday  Website 

gothMINd wrote:

cheers for axl

and you think it's crap because?! current/smile

also, Axel I'd love to hear what points you think were bullshit and which wasn't, although I can guess already current/smile
his arguments Why you just HAVE to accept an iductions are a little lame but the general passionate way he spoke about the whole making music thing really moved me.

And you see, exactly thats what I'm doubting, that he refuses it because he agrees w/the hall in itself. The letter he wrote is open now, and he does sound oh so respectful to his fans their, but basically tallks around the whole issue the whole time and doesn't bring one reasonable point that really makes you understand why he refuses.
I just don't like the guy, or better said I don't like the stuff he says. He just comes off like a person in interviews that I could never really agree with, so yeah... maybe I'm just narrowminded here because i don't like him. Probably thast the case, if someone doesn't want to be inducted thats everyones right, i just think his reasons seems shady.

here's the letter for those that haven't read it yet::

To: The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It May Concern,

When the nominations for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame were first announced I had mixed emotions but, in an effort to be positive, wanting to make the most of things for the fans and with their enthusiasm, I was honored, excited and hoped that somehow this would be a good thing. Of course I realized as things stood, if Guns N' Roses were to be inducted it'd be somewhat of a complicated or awkward situation.

Since then we've listened to fans, talked with members of the board of the Hall Of Fame, communicated with and read various public comments and jabs from former members of Guns N' Roses, had discussions with the president of the Hall Of Fame, read various press (some legit, some contrived) and read other artists' comments weighing in publicly on Guns and the Hall with their thoughts.

Under the circumstances I feel we've been polite, courteous, and open to an amicable solution in our efforts to work something out. Taking into consideration the history of Guns N' Roses, those who plan to attend along with those the Hall for reasons of their own, have chosen to include in "our" induction (that for the record are decisions I don't agree with, support or feel the Hall has any right to make), and how (albeit no easy task) those involved with the Hall have handled things... no offense meant to anyone but the Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected.

For the record, I would not begrudge anyone from Guns their accomplishments or recognition for such. Neither I or anyone in my camp has made any requests or demands of the Hall Of Fame. It's their show not mine.

That said, I won't be attending The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction 2012 Ceremony and I respectfully decline my induction as a member of Guns N' Roses to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf. Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of "Guns N' Roses".

This decision is personal. This letter is to help clarify things from my and my camp's perspective. Neither is meant to offend, attack or condemn. Though unfortunately I'm sure there will be those who take offense (God knows how long I'll have to contend with the fallout), I certainly don't intend to disappoint anyone, especially the fans, with this decision. Since the announcement of the nomination we've actively sought out a solution to what, with all things considered, appears to be a no win, at least for me, "damned if I do, damned if I don't" scenario all the way around.

In regard to a reunion of any kind of either the Appetite or Illusion lineups, I've publicly made myself more than clear. Nothing's changed.

The only reason, at this point, under the circumstances, in my opinion whether under the guise of "for the fans" or whatever justification of the moment, for anyone to continue to ask, suggest or demand a reunion are misguided attempts to distract from our efforts with our current lineup of myself, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus, Chris Pitman, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and DJ Ashba.

Izzy came out with us a few times back in '06 and I invited him to join us at our LA Forum show last year. Steven was at our show at the Hard Rock, later in '06 in Las Vegas, where I invited him to our after-party and was rewarded with his subsequent interviews filled with reunion lies. Lesson learned. Duff joined us in 2010 and again in '11 along with his band, Loaded, opening in Seattle and Vancouver. For me, with the exception of Izzy or Duff joining us on stage if they were so inclined somewhere in the future for a song or two, that's enough.

There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion.

Maybe if it were you it'd be different. Maybe you'd do it for this reason or that. Peace, whatever. I love our band now. We're there for each other when the going get's rough. We love our fans and work to give them every ounce of energy and heart we can.

So let sleeping dogs lie or lying dogs sleep or whatever. Time to move on. People get divorced. Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending especially at another's, or in this case several others', expense.

But hey if ya gotta then maybe we can get the "no show, grandstanding, publicity stunt, disrespectful, he doesn't care about the fans" crap out of the way as quickly as we can and let's move on. No one's taking the ball and going home. Don't get it twisted. For more than a decade and a half we've endured the double standards, the greed of this industry and the ever present seemingly limitless supply of wannabes and unscrupulous, irresponsible media types. Not to imply anything in this particular circumstance, but from my perspective in regard to both the Hall and a reunion, the ball's never been in our court.

In closing, regardless of this decision and as hard to believe or as ironic as it may seem, I'd like to sincerely thank the board for their nomination and their votes for Guns' induction. More importantly I'd like to thank the fans for being there over the years, making any success we've had possible and for enjoying and supporting Guns N' Roses music.

I wish the Hall a great show, congratulations to all the other artists being inducted and to our fans we look forward to seeing you on tour!!

Sincerely,

Axl Rose

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

gothMINd wrote:

What makes you go so far to say that it's a disgrace?

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

XiLaii
The Strange
useravatar
2674 Posts
Captain Of The Team
10 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 

well, i dont know.. theres plently of rock n roll bands that started the path of rock music today, bands that have more impact on our music and will always be remembered, why aren't those bands in there? the list is certainly to long.. but instead there's artist from other music already in there, pop etc. etc. ..in a rock n roll hall of fame

Kraljosovina wrote:

But of course im sadden that I won't see my favourite band reunited even for one night.

Yeah, i feel the same way current/sad

gothMINd
useravatar
1073 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
3 Points
Male  Website 

Only Metallica did the induction with real class proving they're the best and most professional in everything they ever do. So I'm not surprised Axl's ego didn't let him accept the invitation to the ceremony. His loss. I didn't expect a reunion anyway.

http://imageshack.com/a/img12/1289/hrix.jpg

Marmetal
Martin Krüsh
useravatar
3139 Posts
Captain Of The Team
295 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

gothMINd wrote:

well, i dont know.. theres plently of rock n roll bands that started the path of rock music today, bands that have more impact on our music and will always be remembered, why aren't those bands in there? the list is certainly to long.. but instead there's artist from other music already in there, pop etc. etc. ..in a rock n roll hall of fame

OUR music, yes certainly. But i always was under the impression that the rock n roll hall of fame honors acts that influenced more than just music, but society aswell. or maybe more than just one genre, or represented a certain spirit of a generation. Which is why I think it's totally okay that there are acts like Madonna and abba in there. dunno much about abba, but Madonna certainly widened society's tolerance span by being provocative as hell in her time. The music might be pop, but she certainly had a rock n roll spirit.
And probably influeneced one or 2 rock ats aswell, just by her image.

prove me wrong current/big_smile
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bcp8Bw-GjIM/TnuoqgpfLfI/AAAAAAAABVM/aCDO7Zg0Hz8/s1600/madonna-80s.jpg

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

yeah i knew your were gonna put it that way, and i understand that, but it's still not rock n roll music, spirit or not.. what about the bands that play the music and live the life and were much more of an influence to rock music, or even music in general.. i know alot of other genres of music now are influenced by certain rock acts and even the style, much more than madanna is influenced in rock, and you can certainly see it

it should not be called rock n roll hall of fame then if theres gonna be people in it that has nothing to do with rock

gothMINd
useravatar
1073 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
3 Points
Male  Website 

gothMINd wrote:

yeah i knew your were gonna put it that way, and i understand that, but it's still not rock n roll music, spirit or not.. what about the bands that play the music and live the life and were much more of an influence to rock music, or even music in general.. i know alot of other genres of music now are influenced by certain rock acts and even the style, much more than madanna is influenced in rock, and you can certainly see it

it should not be called rock n roll hall of fame then if theres gonna be people in it that has nothing to do with rock

completely agree i mean fuck R. Kelly got nominated one year... next they will be putting shit like T. pain in there....

"I think the main thing is the fuckin' attitude, if ya ain't got it and don't think your the coolest walkin' creature on earth, how would you then persuade people to dig your wicked act of art."- Dave Lepard R.I.S.

Genital Grinder
Mr. Grinder
useravatar
250 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Well, it's probably all true, the stories about Axl's diva acts, but I feel a bit sorry for the guy actually...  current/neutral  I don't think he's really a bigheaded diva, I think he's "just" paranoid and socially isolated, a creative but crazy mind who got even crazier after getting famous. I mean: he was diagnosed as psychotic even before his Guns and Roses days! And when you look at his family background (even when leaving out the so called "recalled childhood memories") and put that together with instant fame, fortune, booze and drugs.... man... no wonder this guy cannot function in the real world anymore!

Let's go, wings for victory!

Wings of Victory
useravatar
51 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Female 

This is not related to any specific comment in this thread, but:

I really don't get some people who arguments against Axl. There's always this talk about people nowadays not being rocknroll, that we need more "riot in everyone"-mentallity and stuff. And when someone (Axl) actually does just that thing, it's wrong and he is a bad person... haha. I'm totally on Axl sides in this one!

http://www.antonahlstrom.com/

izzie
Mr Moderator
useravatar
3358 Posts
0 Points
Male  Website 

well since I clearly am one of those people who don't like the guy, i guess I can say that I'm not against him "doing his thing". I don't wanna judge him either. I persinally don't like people who have no problem wasting my time with letting me wait I have better things to do than that, So i just think his always being late is rude.
Also, he creeps me out and I haven't seen one interview with him where I thought he seemed nice and genuine.
I'd happily have a good talk with the guy and learn different but since thats not likely to happen I'll continue to not like him.

Also, about hall of fame, I don't see what wrong with being in it. And I just liked the way that guy in that article talked about music and I wanted a discussion current/big_smile

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

mrs v. viper wrote:

Also, he creeps me out and I haven't seen one interview with him where I thought he seemed nice and genuine.

Also, about hall of fame, I don't see what wrong with being in it.

That's what I mean: the guy is crazy!  current/wink Completely paranoid and out of this world.

Let's go, wings for victory!

Wings of Victory
useravatar
51 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Female 

I never thought I'd like them...my mom would turn the radio off when ever a song started (yes she doesn't like them) until one day at a store, I bought Chinese Democracy without my mom's permission....when I listened to the album I loved it. I still do. current/smile

I will be honest and say I don't know much about Guns 'N Roses. I just love their music even if its old/new.

CrazyDÏETfan
Stephanie
useravatar
383 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
0 Points
Female  Website 

How the heck have you survived this long without owning a Guns N' Roses album?!?!?!?!?!!? I have 3 different versions of Appetite For Destruction :3 You should buy the early albums too. They are ten times as good as Chinese Democracy.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

GunsNCrüeSWE
I am of my father the devil...
useravatar
1227 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
9 Points
Male  Website 

i'm a fan of the early stuff when it wasn't as over-produced and melodramatic.

live like a F@*king suicide, appetite and lies were dirty sounding records. By the time they gou to Use Your Illusion (even though they were good albums) they were getitng a bit over the top in their wiritng and producing, IMO trying to be to fancy.

even thouhg most people hate the Spaghetti album, i thouhgt it was great cos the production and attitude was more like early GnR.

glam_junkie
is cooler than you!
useravatar
1002 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
118 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Use Your Illusion was not overproduced. Oh wow, they had a piano! They must been so overproduced. Well the vocals could have been rawer. But it was not overproduced at all. I really like the spaghetti album. I love the original songs and Guns N' Roses made some of them more listenable.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

GunsNCrüeSWE
I am of my father the devil...
useravatar
1227 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
9 Points
Male  Website 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
madcandy
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Chatterbox

Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
KerLondonLepard: :) hey
miszczurek: Sleazoid, I like this login :D
KerLondonLepard: Hi!
KerLondonLepard: :)
Sleazoid: I am here :)
Lets good more people on and chatting :)
KerLondonLepard: Hey :)
Sleazoid: Hello everyone :)
How are we all today :)
KerLondonLepard: Hello :) I'm fine and u? :)
Sleazoid: I am good thanks. Listening to Hardcore Superstar how about you :)
I have my one day off work in a two week cycle (yay me) and might have a few items arrive of which I purchased from here.
KerLondonLepard: Ohw nice,I am watching TV and I am chatting with my friend now :)
Sleazoid: :) I noticed we have a few more people online tonight which is nice :)
KerLondonLepard: Yeah! I'm so happy for this! :D
KerLondonLepard: But I miss Peter!
KerLondonLepard: hehe...
Sleazoid: hehe. Yeah its hard to replace Peter but I am sure he is really busy.
KerLondonLepard: Yeah! For sure :) he will come back when he can :D
Sleazoid: as long as he is happy and doing what he likes then its cool. He'll be back eventually when he gets a chance. He's probably working on the website or something.
Sleazoid: of course I hope they are all happily working on more music.
KerLondonLepard: we will stay here and wait him :D
KerLondonLepard: :)
Sleazoid: hehe yep :D
KerLondonLepard: :D
KerLondonLepard: I chatted with him so much times and he is very kind :)
miszczurek: yeeees Hardcore Superstar!
miszczurek: sup guyz?
KerLondonLepard: Hey there!
Sleazoid: Hello everyone :) Sorry I have been away, I haven't been feeling well lately.
I hope everyone else has been well.
Sleazoid: btw has anyone else noticed the out of print section on apparel? Pretty awesome if you ask me :)
I put in my votes for stuff hehe :D
Sleazoid: Oh and yes by all counts Peter is "very kind" :)
KerLondonLepard: Hey there!
madcandy: Hey :)
KerLondonLepard: Hello :D how are u? :D
madcandy: i'm fine) and you? :)
KerLondonLepard: Me too thank you! :D
madcandy: :D
KerLondonLepard: :P :)

Only registered users can chat!
Please register or login :)

Recent Forum Topics

by PrimalScream91
Oct-19-14 23:37:35