Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

The Youtube Recommendations Thread

The Youtube Recommendations Thread

With the new lovely feature (from Izzie) which makes you able to link Youtube clips right within you post, me and Baccardï thought of a thread like this after seeing Vipers lovely idea. I'm not gonna be more pretanious than this, but cred to us!

Anygay, here are the rules: READ THEM

One post per day per person.

Genre:
Band:
Album:
Song:
Year:

Personal reflection/why it's so good we should listen to it:
1. Bands or albums that are similair
2. No really famous songs, we do not want Sweet Child! If we want recommendations we want more unknown songs and songs that deserve more attention
3. No Crashdïet songs, we've heard all the songs available.
4. Live or studio doesn't really matter, best version of the song you think. But not crappy live clips, if you only find those, go with an album version or a demo version.

Post your reply to the song above, nothing too long but a short response.
Only post one song per day but feel free to discuss the songs forever.

Go!

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened!  current/smile

axl whïte
useravatar
3083 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: The Youtube Recommendations Thread

EDIT: 1post/day/person

[youtube:3qw7d03t]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN9ayDNsX9o[/youtube:3qw7d03t]

I'd like to start this thread with
Artist: Sister
Song: Body Blow
Album: Deadboys Makin' Noice (EP)
Year: 2009(?)

This is a demo of Sister's kickass song Body Blow!
I'd like to recommend this song to people since Sister is an unsigned band and they're probably Sweden's best unsigned band according to me. The guys actuallyy used the hang around here on the board - back in the days (2006-2007).
They started as a "normal" glamrock band. With blonde hair and played soft rock n' roll music.
But through the years the band has changed members, changed style, the music have become better, faster n' the lyrics are much more agressive. Sum people call their music for "Glam n' Goth" and compare them with 69 EYES.
I'd say that Sister is a mix of sleazerock n' the energy n' aggresitivity of punkrock n' with the typical back-up "HEY".
If you'd ever wonder what a modern mix of Misfits + Ramones would have sounded like with a sleazy "Axl Rose"-like vocalist - this is the answer! GO CHEKK 'EM OUT!

joey_baccardï
JOEY BACCARDÏ
useravatar
2369 Posts
Captain Of The Team
3 Points
Male  Birthday 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

I have listened to their EP for a pretty long time and I really like that song. It sure has that raw and powerful feeling.

[youtube:3esunixd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKj_8m7SKFs&feature=related[/youtube:3esunixd]

Live:

[youtube:3esunixd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WHWOFUjXQw&feature=related[/youtube:3esunixd]

Genre: Shock Rock
Band: Marilyn Manson
Album: Portrait Of An American Family
Song: Get Your Gunn
Year: 1994

Marilyn Manson shows true provokative lyrics here, he's at the beginning of his career and this song defines the future I think. This album sure deserves more attention, it's pretty much forgotten when you speak of him. The song has one fucking awesome quote imo;

"Pseudo-morals work real well
On the talk shows for the weak
But your selective judgements
And goodguy badges
Don't mean a fuck to me"

If you like provocative art and a bit darker and heavier music in general I suggest you listen to it, I can't really say something similair to it either. It's pretty basic as far as the structure goes but what makes it uniqe is his whispering and horror elements. Imagine how many soccer moms and fundamental TV hosts he pissed off in the US with this.

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened!  current/smile

axl whïte
useravatar
3083 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points

Good choice dude! I haven't always loved Marilyn Manson's music, but his lyrics are so dark, deep n' intelligent that it's impossible to not fall in love with most of the stuff he do. Favorite quote from "Get Your Gunn":
"I hate therefore I am".

joey_baccardï
JOEY BACCARDÏ
useravatar
2369 Posts
Captain Of The Team
3 Points
Male  Birthday 

joey_baccardï wrote:

Good choice dude! I haven't always loved Marilyn Manson's music, but his lyrics are so dark, deep n' intelligent that it's impossible to not fall in love with most of the stuff he do. Favorite quote from "Get Your Gunn":
"I hate therefore I am".

Yeah, Manson is so much better than René Descartes...

axl whïte
useravatar
3083 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points

Well, of course I've heard a lot about Marilyn Manson but never actually heard any of his songs. I like his voice! And the song was okay, the verses could be boring since they are so "mellow" or however I should desribe it, but he makes it interesting to listen to.

And here's the song that I want to recommend:
[youtube:24dffsql]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgcoym3PFRU[/youtube:24dffsql]

Genre: Rock
Band: Anberlin
Album: It's available online, not sure if it's on any of their albums
Song: True Faith (New Order cover)
Year: 2009

The lyrics aren't very important to me when it comes to this song. It's the emotions and feeling I get from it. The refrain make me feel free and the singers voice is wonderful. Very unique (according to me)! The first time I heard it was in an episode of "Vampire Diaries" which might make people think it's dull or something. But I think it sticks out and Anberlin has several other songs that I like. They're style is cool!

"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

Miss Obscene
CAROLINE
useravatar
2800 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points

[youtube:11tz2e5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcu6a1rh6HA&feature=related[/youtube:11tz2e5k]
(it's quite a shitty video)

Genre: "Bipolar Art Rock"
Band: Blue October
Album: Foiled
Song: Hate Me
Year: 2006

I went through a very rough time during spring 2008 when I heard this song and actually took notice of the lyrics (I'd heard it before, but you know when it's like you're listening but not caring very much?). And when I did, it felt like Justin, the singer/songwriter, pulled all my inner organs out. Like he stole my soul. After that, I searched for some more music and even now, after almost three years, I still can't believe the honesty and the perfection in the music - in all of their songs. Three years and I still haven't found something crappy.
But this song means so much to me, because I can relate to it so well. And I think most people can. It's written in a beautiful and artistic way, and even though it's sad you can still feel the hope in it. It's just... perfect and well worth a listen.

saraaldebe
useravatar
342 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
0 Points

saraaldebe - You forgot to do this! current/smile "Post your reply to the song above, nothing too long but a short response"

"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

Miss Obscene
CAROLINE
useravatar
2800 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points

Miss Obscene wrote:

saraaldebe - You forgot to do this! current/smile "Post your reply to the song above, nothing too long but a short response"

damn, didn't even see it.  current/roll

The song in the post above mine is quite good actually! I like his voice, but it feels like the music + the vocals becomes a bit cheesy together.. But it's definitely something I could listen to!

saraaldebe
useravatar
342 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
0 Points

i skip the rules about genres and shit, you all know and hopefully like iggy Pop so here's something i was thrilled to find. IGGY POP FEAT JOHNNY DEPP, c'mon girls show me your love! and yes, im a big moody songs - fan..

[youtube:18yjdum0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTEMo38XQ5I&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube:18yjdum0]

and yeah sure ive always liked that song, nothing instrumentally special but its beautiful background song

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"

mimz
useravatar
1950 Posts
Born To Die Free
0 Points
Female  Website 

Jack Daniel's - Don't forget to give a comment about saraadelbe's song! current/smile

Axl - Maybe you should mark that sentence (about commenting the post before) with a font colour cause it's easy to miss current/smile

Miss Obscene
CAROLINE
useravatar
2800 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points

Well I really don't understand the Genre, "Bipolar"!? "Art"!? Is it bipolar cuz it's like the depressive illness or because it's extreme in all ways? It's pretty mellow through the whole track and the song is way too baxic to have that genre. And Art is just way too pretantious imo, it's a mellow song. So, nope really didn't like it tbh. Hate me is just being plain martyristic if that's a word, to me the lyrics tell people to feel sorry for themselves if they fuck up. It's a common defense mechanism, and I don't like it. But maybe you see something else in it?

Anygay!:

[youtube:18s7w22n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJdrpifkht0[/youtube:18s7w22n]

Genre: Psychadelic Sludge- and Stoner Rock
Band: Kylesa
Album: Spiral Shadow
Song: Spiral Shadow
Year: 2010 If I remember...

There are usually two basic ways of making music, either you make people dance or you tell a story. Not really true but it's like Johnny Cash and lets say Lady Gaga, Johnny has stuff to say and Gaga makes you rape your own hips. Of course you can do both, like Dïet, amazing lyrics and amazing songs. Kylesa does neither, there isn't one thing in this thing you would expect. Of course it has parts, it's not a psalm but it's not really verse bridge chorus, almost some progressive elements thrown in there. So if your sick of hearing JUST DANCE!!! or Cliché lyrics, give it a try. The band has two singers, one female and one male, and they blend their reverb-vocals perfectly. I wouldn't say the song is very personal but it is really inspiring for me, I just close my eyes and see these swamp green things flying around in a dark room without walls. Now that's awesome lol.

axl whïte
useravatar
3083 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points

About Axls: Now wow, I adore this. It's totally something I'd love listening in the car while driving through rough landscpae, like I did 2009... totally makes me want to go on a road trip again. Very inspirational indeed.

[youtube:2rgdqiwx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZAppnrjP2o&feature=related[/youtube:2rgdqiwx]

Genre: ?
Band: Jonathan Davis of KoRn
Album: The Queen of the Damned Soundtrack
Song: Redeemer
Year: 2002

This needs quite some explanation, sorry:

I know Axl s not amused about this because he can read KoR in the description, but really, it is NOT KoRn, only one person involved.
The Queen of the damned is in my opinion the movie with the greates soundtrack ever. It has some weird stuff on it yes, but it is genius. unfortunatley not so many peopl appreciate it, because rock people often not even watch it because Aaliyah is in it and Aaliyah fans don't like it because it's not a hip hop movie. I don't know how it's with people in this forum, but seriously, REAL vampires + Rock n roll, what more can you ask for?
Anyway. the Songs that the vampire Lestat sings in this movie are written and performed by Jonathan Davis. unfortunatley he wasn't allowed to sing on the OST CD because of label fights, so the original full length versions are almost impossible to find, this one is the Music vodeo that appares as such in the movie.
On the CD the songs are sung by artists such as Chester Bennington, Marylin Manson, Wayne Static of Static X etc. The versions aren't as good as Jons, I still Highly recommend the whole CD!!
The guy in the video is one of my favorite actors Stuart Townsend as Lestat de Lioncourt + Lestat's band and that makes the most sexy vampire ever!! *drools* Even short haired.
This Song & Video just sums up one of my favourite movies, and that's why you should watch it (and the whole movie after it)

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5235 Posts
71 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

No comments on "hollywood affair" referring to "Post your reply to the song above, nothing too long but a short response."  ??

But i love redeemer and every other song on queen of the damned, im a vampire freak and the movie is just perfect! I watch it like every once in a month..perfection. great video!

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"

mimz
useravatar
1950 Posts
Born To Die Free
0 Points
Female  Website 

Jack Daniel's wrote:

No comments on "hollywood affair" referring to "Post your reply to the song above, nothing too long but a short response."  ??

Well I'm a fan of both of em but I like Iggys earlier stuff and Depp in films basicly, I felt that the song would have been more epic without depps constant tremolo use.

axl whïte
useravatar
3083 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points

Well, I'd like to dedicate this song too all the bad examples of "recommended songs" above.
This song is for you. It's called GET THE FUCK OUT current/big_smile
[youtube:1g6vg1al]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTtQQs_VRcs[/youtube:1g6vg1al]
Genre: Sleaze Metal (?)
Band: Skid Row
Album: Slave to the Grind
Song: Get the Fuck Out
Year: 1991
I guess that we all have heard Skid Row at least once in our lifes. If someone haven't heard them they're the last band from the 80's who "made it". They're debut album was a pure sleaze album, but their second album "Slave to the Grind" is far heavier and there's a few songs with elements of punk. Get the Fuck Out is one of those songs. And I gotta say that I love the mix of those styles. I'd recommend this song (and the whole band) to everybody who likes Native Nature (or just Crashdïet in general).

I'd recommend you to watch the live-version.

joey_baccardï
JOEY BACCARDÏ
useravatar
2369 Posts
Captain Of The Team
3 Points
Male  Birthday 

current/yikes  current/yikes
How MEAN!!! you are!

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5235 Posts
71 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Mrs V. Viper wrote:

:shock:  current/yikes
How MEAN!!! you are!

haha I were just kiddin' with you current/smile

joey_baccardï
JOEY BACCARDÏ
useravatar
2369 Posts
Captain Of The Team
3 Points
Male  Birthday 

pfffft!!!  current/roll  current/lol  current/lol 

But I think you scared people off actually, no new recommendations?

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5235 Posts
71 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Mrs V. Viper wrote:

pfffft!!!  current/roll  current/lol  current/lol 

But I think you scared people off actually, no new recommendations?

will recommend a new song after I've woke up again (:

joey_baccardï
JOEY BACCARDÏ
useravatar
2369 Posts
Captain Of The Team
3 Points
Male  Birthday 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
timowe
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Chatterbox

Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
Mcinsanity: klock is so much, and i have school tomorrow :( Tomorrow i think i can talk little bit later.. and Peter I hope you 'll figure everything out :) Good night everyone!
Mcinsanity: clock* :D
KerLondonLepard: Good Night my friend :D
Legion: I can't post again..
FrilansReklam: test the chatt hi all
Bootyplank: WOOT WHAT IS THIS
FrilansReklam: hi again
KerLondonLepard: Hello :)
Carl Tap: hi
KerLondonLepard: Hi! :)
Mcinsanity: Hi! :)
Mcinsanity: I ordered shirt in M-size ;)
KerLondonLepard: Great! :D
stinger: Hello :)
Mcinsanity: hey! :)
KerLondonLepard: hey :)
Mcinsanity: How are you everyone? :)
KerLondonLepard: I'm fine now! :D thanks and u?
Mcinsanity: I'm fine :)
KerLondonLepard: :D
KerLondonLepard: Anyone there? :)
thaisaltessor: Hi !!
KerLondonLepard: Hey! how are u? :)
thaisaltessor: I'm fine thanks :D what about you?
KerLondonLepard: I'm fine thank you :D
thaisaltessor: Where are you from?
KerLondonLepard: Italy! My name is Sara,nice to meet u :) and u? Where are u from? :D
thaisaltessor: Nice, I would like to meet Italy *-* I'm from Brazil! My name is Thais, nice to meet you too sara :D
KerLondonLepard: :D Nice Brazil :) I'd like to visit :)
thaisaltessor: Cool! I loved your tattoo to peter ♥
KerLondonLepard: Ohhh! Thank you so much ♥ ♥ ♥
Mcinsanity: hey! :)
KerLondonLepard: hey :)
KerLondonLepard: Hello :)
Judd: hi!!
KerLondonLepard: How are u? :)

Only registered users can chat!
Please register or login :)

Recent Forum Topics

by Marmetal
Sep-29-14 16:35:33