Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

The Youtube Recommendations Thread

Re: The Youtube Recommendations Thread

yea i totally get that, i've seen it alot on doc's and stuff, i understand alot of stuff got water-ed down

and yea i dont want to talk about them either not important, but comedy isn't really rock and roll, just how i look at it, trying to be famous for something your not or off something else, isnt really rock n roll..

gothMINd
useravatar
1073 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
3 Points
Male  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

gothMINd wrote:

and yea i dont want to talk about them either not important, but comedy isn't really rock and roll, just how i look at it, trying to be famous for something your not or off something else, isnt really rock n roll..

did someone say it was?

joey_baccardï
JOEY BACCARDÏ
useravatar
2369 Posts
Captain Of The Team
3 Points
Male  Birthday 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

well they claim to be, anyways not important!

gothMINd
useravatar
1073 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
3 Points
Male  Website 

gothMINd wrote:

well they claim to be, so what is it then? anyways not important!

If you ask you'll get a comeback. It's a parody, they're not trying to be serious rockers. And it worked cuz no one had a serious parody band already. Crashdiet worked cuz there was no sleaze at all at the time. But start a thread if you wanna argue.

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened!  current/smile

axl whïte
useravatar
3083 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 

i changed it before you replied! so anyways not interesting, offers nothing interesting to me really!

gothMINd
useravatar
1073 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
3 Points
Male  Website 

okay, great that we solved that.  current/big_smile

Now can please someone comment on my song and post another one?

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Mrs V. Viper wrote:

okay, great that we solved that.  current/big_smile

Now can please someone comment on my song and post another one?

patience , great things come with patience! http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif

gothMINd
useravatar
1073 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
3 Points
Male  Website 

I couldn't watch the studio because it is blocked in my country, but that was a nice song. It's smooth, and one of those easy listening songs I guess, something I'll have to look into more in-depth later. Ha, I was really digging the Spartan helmet too.  current/lol  The guitarist played a good solo as well, but he only displayed one emotion through the entire song, until the end where I think I saw him start to smile. Ha, just one of those odd things I noticed sometimes.

[youtube:kjsj6rnj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlDaH_l9ijY&feature=related[/youtube:kjsj6rnj]
[youtube:kjsj6rnj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEhf-u2FF_o&feature=related[/youtube:kjsj6rnj]
This is really one of the best live recordings of them I could find.

Genre: Metal
Band: Sex Slaves
Album: Wasted Angel
Song: Long live the dead
Year: 2009

Born in the grimy, dirty streets of beautiful New York, the trio Eric13, Del Cheetah, and J/Bomb have tried to revive the dead cold waters that is American heavy metal. Starting back in 2005, they have toured all over the U.S., they toured in Japan, and have found a foot hold in Europe. I heard this song a few years ago, and I just love the energy in this song. They are also known for the amazing whiskey tribute "Thank God For Jack Daniel's".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnmpC98xkQ

-Welcome to the Inn-
-4114-

mick-mad4114
Dustin DeRoxx
useravatar
448 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
0 Points
Male  Birthday 

Zinatra: I stoped watching after 5 sec.
DAD: I like laugh n a half, awesome song! And their Bassplayer is funny with his 2 String Bass lol. This one wasnt that interesting for me tho..
SexSlaves: Nice song, was kinda surprised! Only thing they would need would be a guitar Solo innit or a 2nd Guitarist in general.

[youtube:71s4vhud]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE81oEvd2QM[/youtube:71s4vhud]

Genre: Metal/Speed Metal?/ Visual Kei?/ Glam Rock/ J Rock
Band: X (later X Japan)
Album: Blue Blood
Song: Weekend
Year: 1989

X Japan were until today the only Japanese Band I liked. I was sceptical about them in the beginning, but after several listens I fall totally in love with them. At first it will be a bit weird to listen to the Japanese and maybe annoying, but I got used to it. X started in 1986 If I'm right, the band was formed by Yoshiki (drums, piano) and Toshi (vocals) when they were 12 I think. In 1988 They released their first album "Vanishing Vision" the line up was completed by Pata (guitar), Taiji (Bass) and hide (guitars). The next releases were "Blue Blood" in 1989, "Silent Jealousy" in 1991 and "Dahlia" in 1995. In 1998 hide was found dead and the end of X Japan was clear. Nowadays, they tour again with Heath now on Bass and Sugizo for hide on the guitar, they may release another record.
I think this Band has a lot to offer, Yoshiki is the best drummer I've seen and he is a suberp songwriter and pianist. Taiji was the best bassist I've seen, seriously. And hide! I totally adore him, he was a big influence for me after I discovered him. He had something magical, some kind of aura around him, I just love it. (he's the one with the BIG hair in the vid)

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

P. fizzy Suxx
Mister Downbone
useravatar
3685 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

I tried to get into them several times and every time I do I think "that's good", but theres something that holds me back from listening to it again, I dunno. Just not so much my band I guess, but what I really love them for is that they where one of the first bands ever (if not THE first) that had that glam approcah and din't just look as if they just robbed their Mum's and Girlfriends closet. Nothing wrong with that, can look awesome too, but I think they really created something visual and put alot of creativity in that, and that deserves quite an applause imo.
(even if the hair is too big for me  current/lol )

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Might aswell do this! It's the same thing with X-Japan for me as for Viper, there is something that makes me not listen again. I really liked this song though  current/big_smile

I don't know if this clip is "too common" for this thread, I will do a post again with a less knewn artist I think...
[youtube:kb8nsm4a]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdhonK8NMm8[/youtube:kb8nsm4a]

Genre: Rocknroll?
Band: Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
Album: Glorious Results of a Misspent Youth
Song: Cherry Bomb
Year: 1984

This song was originally recorded by Joan Jetts band the Runaways, but I think this version is much better. A lot of people call Joan Jett "the godmother of punk" and stuff like that, and she has indeed got the punk attitude. She was also a great fan of Suzi Quatro, from whom she got a lot of inspiration.

I don't really like the Runaways that much, I prefer Joan Jetts (And Lita Fords) solo material. I've always been a big fan of Joan Jett, I think she has the perfect amounts of punk and rocknroll to make her music cool. It feels like she always struggled against everyone and still fullfilled her gaols, which I really like. She were rejected from 23 (I think) labels, before she finally released here debut album on her own label.

http://www.antonahlstrom.com/

izzie
Mr Moderator
useravatar
3358 Posts
0 Points
Male  Website 

I like how it doesn't just keep going, there's diffrent tempo changes and the chorus is perfect. I've heard it before probably but I just forgot about it, I'll see them live this summer though so I better listen bit more I guess...

And bout the D-A-D song,

I've listen to alot of DAD but I just never came across this tune before, don't know why. Anyway, IT*S EPIC. "In those walt disney times", Only DAD can make such a random quote so epic. hehehe But yeah, overall it's really good. I really like the choirs and his voice makes it so honest. The coolest thing though has to be the outro, intro and solo. Those intervalls would never have fit I thought but they're perfect, they just make the song that much better.

ROCKBITCH - WHORE OF SATAN
[youtube:1wt5kzkp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eerbB62zYfE[/youtube:1wt5kzkp]

Genre: Punk Metal Goth
Band: Rockbitch
Album: ?
Year: ?

This is probably just as good as half of appetite for destruction, it definatly has those down to earth basic rock n roll riffs. But also some wah wah thrown in there and some synths, I almost got a blues feeling at one point. The lyrics are really inspiring, maybe it's just me but I guess I'm weird. GG Allin would definatly like these bitches, seriously, he'd take them as his soldiers or something. They fucking fingerfuck eachother and piss in eachothers mouths. WHAT!? It's youtube!  current/lol  Anygay, it is SO worth a listen, just because it's probably the best song I've ever heard.

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened!  current/smile

axl whïte
useravatar
3083 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 

jesus christ I know that band. I would have never thought I would run into them ever again!!!  current/yikes
Eww. I like their music (or well... kinda? I really don't know) and I'd give a lot to have a quarter of their careless attitude, but uhm.... people doing uh... natural stuff on stage is not neccesarily something I need to see, thanks.  current/lol

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Well, Rockbitch wasn't really my type of music, or stage performance etiher current/lol
I thought today I'd recommend something that most of you've probably (and hopefully) never heard
[youtube:3vj00r8x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfM_zmlGkco&feature=related[/youtube:3vj00r8x]
Band: The Rolling Stones
Song: Play With Fire
Album: Out of Our Heads
Year: 1965
Genre: Old School Rock n' Roll ballad ?

This song is a song that will always make me think of my grandpa. I once heard it at my grandpas place on a summer-evening if I'm not mistaking. I've never heard the band 'til he put on one of his old records, I immediatly fell in love with this particular song. It's a wonderfull acoustic song and I still play this song every now and then at night. The music is very easy to listen to, but the lyrics might be a bit tricky to get. I don't know what's most important in this case, the music or the story. But my grandpa is actually one of the few role models that I have. He's probably the best grandpa one can have, he talks 'bout when he was in my age n' bout all the old school rock n' roll bands he used to listen to, he has driven (?) me to many concerts n' one time he actually drove us 6 hours - just to get me n' a friend to a concert! Once a week I eat at my grandpa's place 'cuz I rarely eat at school, n' I can call whenever I want to eat there since he n' grandma want to make sure I can make it through the days, instead of getting underweight again (which I kinda already is). Sometimes he even borrows my Crashdïet n' Crazy Lixx CD's since he wants to know more 'bout my musical taste n' the new rock n' roll scene. ANd believe it or not but he's favorite song of Crazy Lixx is "Death Row"!
That's pretty hardcore for a grandpa!

joey_baccardï
JOEY BACCARDÏ
useravatar
2369 Posts
Captain Of The Team
3 Points
Male  Birthday 

but rockbitch really do have some songs that aren't too bad haha. I even had a CD from them laying around here, I should check if I can still find it. My first Boyfreind's brother was a fan of them 

But this one was beautifulI. And great that you have such wonderful people around you, JB. I'm sure he will be very proud of you when you relese your EP current/smile

[youtube:vxcuudrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7-BlK8wpQQ&feature=related[/youtube:vxcuudrs]
Band: Dope Stars Inc.
Song: it's today
Album: 21st Century Slave
Year: 2009
Genre: they say about themselves "Cyberpunk Rock". they sure are industruial, for the other half i don't know... they do have a gothic edge I guess.

Until I met this band I was 100% sure I don't like synths. No way. I was actually really proud that I only liked "Real" music, and was secretly ashamed of the one other band  (Deathstars) I liked that used synths more than just the amount I could tolerate in other bands. But then I saw them supporting Deathstars, and I thought "oh no -.-" but they blew me away with their energy, their rythm, They are now in my top 10 if not top 5 of all bands, I really really like them. This is my favorite song of them, the video isn't so good, and you can skip the first few seconds, but the song is great.
They don't tour atm, and I have that unpleasant feeling that they are on ice atm, but if you ever have the chance to see them live, I tell you GO!! even if you don't liked their songs so much. I loathed them until I saw them live.

PS: I do like several industrial influenced bands now. So much for "I don't like synths."

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

play with fire was awesome! I love Keith, he is such a cool bastard!

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

P. fizzy Suxx
Mister Downbone
useravatar
3685 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

About the Dope Stars Inc. song, i wanted to close the window after 1 minute because it took so long for the music to actually come in. But i restrained myself and listened to the rest which i think was alright, just not my taste. I thought i'd dislike it more, based on their older stuff i heard years ago, but it was better than what i expected. Still not something that i'd listen to though.
I used to listen to Deathstars but even they sound quite boring to me now.

[youtube:2rrovmuz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=032iifZ_SmA[/youtube:2rrovmuz]

Band: Enforcer
Song: Midnight Vice
Album: Diamonds
Year: 2010
Genre: Heavy/Speed Metal

If you've got a thing for traditional heavy metal you should know Enforcer by now. They're a VERY promising and talented band from sweden who label themselves as High Energy Heavy Metal though their style sounds very NWOBHM influenced. They're young; all in their early-mid 20s, they've released 2 albums since they started in 2004, they've just toured europe with Airbourne and they're about to play some shows Japan and korea at the end of the month. Their production is great as well, no layers and layers of guitar distortion, triggered/sampled drums or any of that digital-sounding stuff. Just pure tube-driven heavy metal.
I'd recommend the entire Diamonds album, but specifically the songs 'Walk with Me', 'Katana' and 'High Roller'.

dsv218
+
useravatar
302 Posts
0 Points
Male  Website 

i was expecting something a little heavier, but then i liked this because i don't like real heavy stuff. for a start, I loved Enforce's look! I thought the singer's voice was good but sounded a bit whiny in places haha, more grit could have been cool. i love the backing  vocals too and the bass does some cool stuff, but i thought the riff was a bit boring after a while.  i think i'll be checking out some more their stuff.

[youtube:8gic7z0b]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz3sN5cguJc[/youtube:8gic7z0b]

Genre: glam metal/hard rock
Band: White Lion
Album: Fight To Survive
Song: Broken Heart
Year: 1985

I'm not too sure if White Lion are too well known for this thread, I'll try and post something less well known later!  They're Danish/American and were formed in New York.  Mike Tramp has an amazing voice and I think some of the riffs and build up in the songs are great.  "Wait" from their 1987 Pride album is also good.  I've never been lucky enough to see them live
and they're last tour was in 2008 I think...but Mike Tramp still does solo dates.  I think similar bands would be stuff like

Lizzy Rose
useravatar
602 Posts
0 Points
Female  Birthday 

Oh I really love White Lion, I've got all their albums... Broken Heart is great, but the I best songs are Little Fighter, If my Mind is Evil and Lady of the Valley.

[youtube:3el1z5bn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkEvAvIGK-w[/youtube:3el1z5bn]

Genre: Hard Rock/Glam Rock/Rocknroll
Band: David Bowie (& the Spiders from Mars)
Album: Aladdin Sane
Song: Cracked Actor
Year: 1973

Well, I have so much to write about Bowie. He's my absolutely all-time favourite... He has tried on many genres in his carreer, and never failed to do so. It's something magic about him, like he's got a special aura. Just the fact that his eyes are different colour and size (from a fight) is really cool. He is also a really nice and smart guy, I love watching interview from him, especially those from 1974-75. He has done a lot of cocaine in his career, the rumor said that for some time he lived just from coke, milk and peppers. It wasn't long after this record that Bowie changed to a more "proper" clothing style, and got the alter ego "The Thin White Duke".

I thought that this was one of the songs that fitted people on this forum best. Bowie has always been before his time, at least that's what I think. I mean, consider that this album is from 1973. I've listened to it so many times that it's ridicolous... even covered it with a former band.

If I should recommend my favourite songs to you, I would sit here writing for weeks. I leave a few tips though, but I DEMAND you to go listen to more stuff.  http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif

Listen to this:
Panic in Detroit
Wild is the Wind
Rocknroll With Me
Cygnet Committee
Time
Rebel Rebel
The Man Who Sold the World

http://www.antonahlstrom.com/

izzie
Mr Moderator
useravatar
3358 Posts
0 Points
Male  Website 

I don't listen to much to Bowie, I don't even know why, probably because I don't have much songs from him. But I look up to him alot, because as you already said, he never could be nailed down to one thing. I think many artists, esp. musicians with success start to copy themselves after a while, because people start to like them for certain things. And mostly that doesn't end that well. It's limiting creativity I think. Why doing the same all over again just because people like it? I think it's alot like prostitution.  I really love that about Bowie, he's not like that.
really liked that song, I'm not sure if I heard it before.. I think so tho.

[youtube:4kyxw8fs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oALwg3ZQEI[/youtube:4kyxw8fs]

Genre: ?
Band: Matthau Mikojan
Album: S/T
Song: Too fortunate to Cry
Year: 2008

I think what I like about this so much is that it's so simple. It's not esp. intelligent, artistic, groundbraking or anything like that, but it's so honest. For me it has a bit of that cowboy lagerfeuer romantic, like something you listen to on your way home after a hard days work. Or drink a beer to. I grew up on a farm, and those songs often remind me of the atmosphere that build up after the men came home from the fields and relaxed in the evening after working a long day in all the dust and 35° in the summer.
He/they always tells stories out of life I think, and a very "normal" life aswell. My Boyfriend said once that if Mark Knopfler would be finnish, that's what he would sound like. I can't stand Mark Knopfler, but I think it bears some truth.

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
madcandy
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
Paula

Chatterbox

Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
Mcinsanity: hehe
madcandy: i'm tall and i love it hahah
KerLondonLepard: hehehe
KerLondonLepard: I'm shorttttttttttttttttttt
KerLondonLepard: ahahahha
Danny Oliveira: I'm 1,65 and you girls ?
KerLondonLepard: 1,60 hehe
madcandy: i'm 1,69-1,70
Mcinsanity: 1.53
Mcinsanity: :D
KerLondonLepard: Awww :3
Mcinsanity: haha:D
Danny Oliveira: :) I like short people they are cute
KerLondonLepard: hahaha
KerLondonLepard: aaahhahahaha :D
madcandy: hahahaha and me too
madcandy: rlly
KerLondonLepard: aww **
Mcinsanity: :D
KerLondonLepard: :3
madcandy: so i should goin to sleep. good night to you all girls :)
KerLondonLepard: good night honey! :D
Mcinsanity: Good night! was nice to talk with u
Danny Oliveira: good night
KerLondonLepard: for me too! :D
madcandy: :)
Danny Oliveira: I have to go .... so bye bye girls see u soon I will be back
KerLondonLepard: bye danny :D
KerLondonLepard: see u soon! :D
Mcinsanity: bye! :)
KerLondonLepard: bye bye :)
Mcinsanity: I should really go sleep too, tomorrow i need to wake up early :(
KerLondonLepard: sure dear! goodnight :D
Mcinsanity: So... Good night my friends! It was so nice to talk with you! <3 :)
KerLondonLepard: too for me honey! <3 see u soon! :D
KerLondonLepard: it was nice to chat with u :D

Only registered users can chat!
Please register or login :)

Recent Forum Topics

by Kraljosovina
Today 08:08:22
by Kraljosovina
Oct-18-14 23:33:24
by miszczurek
Oct-13-14 14:35:45
by Sleazoid