Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

The Youtube Recommendations Thread

Re: The Youtube Recommendations Thread

It's nice, quite relaxing I'd say current/smile. So something in the similar vein from me.

Artist: The Kills
Song: Future Starts Slow
Album: Blood Pressures
Year: 2011
Genre: indie rock

I'm not usually into that kind of music but this band just caught my attention recently and I really got into 'em to my own surprise current/wink.

http://imageshack.com/a/img12/1289/hrix.jpg

Marmetal
Martin Krüsh
useravatar
3139 Posts
Captain Of The Team
320 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

The first half of the song didn´t really catch me, it sounded a little bland to me. The second half had more power and spunk but it didn´t surpass the "okay" level for me.

My recommandation is a weeper I think. But a very beautiful one, at least in my opinion.

Genre: white soul, but the song is originaly an Scottish folk song
Artist: Dusty Springfield
Album: it´s at least on one of her best of albums (Dusty I think)
Song: The water is wide
Year: 1967 (this performance by Dusty)

Personal reflection/why it's so good we should listen to it:

The song is about a love that had runned very deep but is impossible to make it work in real life. (That´s my personal interpretation of the song, after a personal experience.) The beauty of this song is to me that the lyrics tell about this complex theme in such a pure and true way. And Dusty´s singing is  not only technically perfect (to my ears) but she also really feels the meaning of the lyrics. She actually has tears in her eyes at a certain point.

Edited by: Laura Victory - Jun-17-12 03:48:21

~Flying on the wings of victory~

Laura Victory
useravatar
155 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Female 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

naahhh.... sorry but not at all. I think what actually bothers me is the perfect singing. Yeah she does sing with emotion, but I personally always think perfection destroys a great deal of emotion. like... when the voice cracks, thats when it gets real...

Band: Nitrogods
Song: At least I'm drunk
Album: Sleftitled
Year: 2012
Genre: uh... speedrock?

Now this is what I call germany's Motörhead. Listen to it and you'll see why haha.
damn good live band, thats how I discovered them, I just had SO much fun seeing them, and it came so unexpected at the time. one of the very few great hard rocking bands out of this country, terribly underrated when you see what else from here gets all the attention -.- but yeah.. that's just my taste I suppose...

EDIT: I think I can't do them justice with my usual unimpressedess with "has played with, and in that band etc", but some are interested, so this is from their website::

Henny Wolter and Klaus Sperling have shared stages with the likes of Motörhead, Kiss and Status Quo while being in their former bands Thunderhead, Sinner and Primal Fear. Henny played guitar for rock greats such as Nazareth´s Dan McCafferty and Lou Gramm of Foreigner.

After his second departure from Primal Fear in 2010, Henny decided it was time to go back to his musical roots and start a new band that should focus on simple blues based, hard and dirty Rock´n Roll.

Sharing the same influences, like ZZ Top, Rose Tattoo, Motörhead and 70´s Status Quo the threepiece agreed they wanted to get away from the usual way most modern rock productions sound.
Using all the modern technology and correcting every little mistake takes away from the edge and roughness that makes Rock´n Roll what it is.

„So we started writing over at Oimel´s house, listening to The Clash and drinking lots of Tullamore Dew. We came up with this odd sounding psychobilly meets metal stuff with a heavy dose of blues. Back in my studio I started recording guitars and soon found  they wouldn´t work the way we wanted to sound. I called up a friend who gave me a 66 Gretsch wich turned out to be  the main guitar I used  on the album. Run through an old AC30.

During the production, we played the tunes to a couple of friends. Since Oimel had worked with Motörhead guitarist Fast Eddie Clarke in a band called Bastards, we asked Eddie if he would like to play on the album. He gave us a great solo on „Wasted in Berlin“.

And to our greatest  joy, one of  Rock´n Roll´s best voices ever,  Nazareth singer Dan McCafferty with whom Henny had played on the „Rock meets Classic Tour 2010“ sang on „Whiskey Wonderland“. It was the perfect song for his outstanding voice.

To us, Nitrogods is the musical fulfilling of a long-standing wish and dream.
May it be a good time of full blown Rock´n Roll to you.

Edited by: mrs v. viper - Jun-19-12 21:15:20

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

current/yikes Don 't you really hear her "pondering", like she's singing the song almost for herself in her own head? Don't hear her throath squeeze troughout the song?? Like at the beginning of the second verse? It's a little more subtle then a cracking or hoarsing voice, yes, but is a song only "touching" if the artists puts in such obvious and -in my eyes- a little cheap ways to show he's "feeling" the lyrics? I'm actually a little fed up with modern "indie" singers who do those things, it sounds almost like a trick to me.

Edited by: Laura Victory - Jun-20-12 02:41:31

Laura Victory
useravatar
155 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Female 

Laura Victory wrote:

but is a song only "touching" if the artists puts in such obvious and -in my eyes- a little cheap ways to show he's "feeling" the lyrics? I'm actually a little fed up with modern "indie" singers who do those things, it sounds almost like a trick to me.

agree, but thats not what I meant. I honestly didn't make it past the first half of the song because I really didn't like it.

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Laura Victory wrote:

but is a song only "touching" if the artists puts in such obvious and -in my eyes- a little cheap ways to show he's "feeling" the lyrics? I'm actually a little fed up with modern "indie" singers who do those things, it sounds almost like a trick to me.

agree, but thats not what I meant. I honestly didn't make it past the first half of the song because I really didn't like it.

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Oh well, that's a shame, I thought it was something new and refreashing on this forum. current/smile Back to the old "I'm so fucking angry/ Life sucks" songs then! current/wink current/lol

Laura Victory
useravatar
155 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Female 

Laura Victory wrote:

Oh well, that's a shame, I thought it was something new and refreashing on this forum. current/smile Back to the old "I'm so fucking angry/ Life sucks" songs then! current/wink current/lol

What are you talking about? Of course everyone has their own taste and you don't need to bash them because of that. And if you look through this thread there are indeed all kinds of songs.

http://www.antonahlstrom.com/

izzie
Mr Moderator
useravatar
3358 Posts
0 Points
Male  Website 

I actually thoight it was refershing. I just didn't like it. Now someone comment on my song ffs!

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

izzie wrote:

Laura Victory wrote:

What are you talking about? Of course everyone has their own taste and you don't need to bash them because of that. And if you look through this thread there are indeed all kinds of songs.

Slow down horsey, not so fast! I'm not bashing Viper. I love "I'm so fucking angry/ Life sucks" songs myself. Didn't you spot the lol smily? But from time to time I need something else, like Dusty and I thought maybe somebody else would like to hear something else as well. I'm a little bit saddend Viper doesn't feel the same about my recommandation, because I would be delighted if anybody else liked it as well, but I don't mind at all what so ever and I'm certainly not bashing her because of that.

Laura Victory
useravatar
155 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Female 

Fair enough. current/tongue

http://www.antonahlstrom.com/

izzie
Mr Moderator
useravatar
3358 Posts
0 Points
Male  Website 

How great is it to see Jules pick up the lead vocals spot for Tigertailz!
Before you say the vocals styles are way different, remember that Jules was in a  sleaze band (The Deadthings) before this melodic band (White Widdow).

glam_junkie wrote:

Artist: White Widdow
Genre: keyboard driven AOR / hair metal
Year: 2010

Description: Australian band doing good things in the aor scene. Signed to aor heaven. If they weren't playing in the UK at the same time i would ahve thought they may have supported crashdiet on thier aussie tour. For fans of bands like Danger Danger, Roxus, White Sister, De Mont...ect. Followed a few of these guys when they were ina glam-punk band called the deadthings, and love the stuff they are doing with White Widdow aswell. I believe their 2nd album is due out very soon.

glam_junkie
is cooler than you!
useravatar
1002 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
118 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

^ I suppose that was really catchy, but I in general don't like this all too sweetened rock/AOR music with too much keyboards, it's niice for singing along with a bunch of people being shitface wasted but thats all... defintaly the better kind of that Poison(the band) like stuff tho, yet i can't stand it...

I just love this thread so much, I have to dig it out everytime there comes some activity back in here, and hope people will pick it up current/tongue
here are the rules again for all the new people.

axl whïte wrote:

One post per day per person.

Genre:
Band:
Album:
Song:
Year:

Personal reflection/why it's so good we should listen to it:
1. Bands or albums that are similair
2. No really famous songs, we do not want Sweet Child! If we want recommendations we want more unknown songs and songs that deserve more attention
3. No Crashdïet songs, we've heard all the songs available.
4. Live or studio doesn't really matter, best version of the song you think. But not crappy live clips, if you only find those, go with an album version or a demo version.

Post your reply to the song above, nothing too long but a short response.
Only post one song per day but feel free to discuss the songs forever.

Go!

Genre: Punk
band: Radio Dead Ones
Album: AAA
Song: Into the Sun
year: 2011

I just want to present you one of germany's finest punkrock bands. I like them because they are not so super left winged political but just do their own thing. They have alot more of what I call "original" punk spririt, and I love them for it. definatly in the tradition of bands like the ramones or the clash, totally my thing I guess. I also interviewd them and they are really really nice.

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Not a bad stuff since I like some punk rock from time to time myself current/smile. But at the same it didn't really catch me if you know what I mean. Still, sounds like a mix of Backyard Babies and Sex Pistols for me so definitely not bad current/wink.

Band: Tremonti
Album: All I Was
Song: You Waste Your Time
Genre: speed metal
Year: 2012

Many of you surely know Mark Tremonti, guitarist of Creed and Alter Bridge. This year, he's finally released his solo album showcasing his skills and love to speed metal. It is heavily influenced by Metallica's work from the '80s and he emphasized it in most of the interviews (Master Of Puppets is his favorite album of all time). To me definitely one of the best releases of 2012, check out entire album if you like that song current/smile.

Marmetal
Martin Krüsh
useravatar
3139 Posts
Captain Of The Team
320 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Marmetal wrote:

sounds like a mix of Backyard Babies and Sex Pistols for me

I think that's pretty much what they are soundwise, thou humbler than both current/big_smile

now your song, from the description I wouldn't have been surprised if I'd hated it, but it was allright! will keep it in mind for timnes when I need stuff like that current/smile
Now please please please more people use this thread! *puppy eyes*

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Yes, because it's not typical thrash/speed metal but something with a modern touch, still heavily influenced by this particular style. And there are some faster songs on that record than the one I posted current/smile. Very good album all in all, and well-produced.

Marmetal
Martin Krüsh
useravatar
3139 Posts
Captain Of The Team
320 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

I guess I'm supposed to comment on Martins song?
Well, it was okay. Not my kind of metal, I like it a bit more poppy. Not the worst band(/artist?) and song though, but I dont think I'll search it up later.

This video dont work, does it? Heeeelp. Untill I found out how that works, heres the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBprMs9UOpE

Band: Backstreet Girls
Album: Sick My Duck
Song: Boogie My Life Away
Genre: Boogierock (at least thats what everyone calls them)
Year: 2003

This may be a little to known band for this thread, I don know how known they are outside of Norway. They've been around since 1984, and have some kind of legendary status amongst the rock/metal people here. They have always been true to their sound, and not jumped on any trends.
If you understand norwegian, you should totally check out the interviews they've done with lydverket, some of that stuff is hilarious. Like their story about when they went to USA with a manager that didnt speak english : D

Edited by: Sheila - Nov-27-12 19:08:07

i would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey.

Sheila
grevling
useravatar
3139 Posts
Captain Of The Team
209 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 

Sheila wrote:

This video dont work, does it? Heeeelp. Untill I found out how that works, heres the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBprMs9UOpE

I think Viper is the expert here current/tongue

//LONDON

Peter London plankar - det kan du också göra.www.planka.nu

peterlondon
Mr London
useravatar
1810 Posts
91 Points
Male  Website 

Your video doesn't work as it's supposed to because you've posted this:

Sheila wrote:

[YT]#QBprMs9UOpE#[/YT]

"YT" stands for "youtube" above. And you should've posted it without "#" (just "QBprMs9UOpE"), so it goes like that: [YT]QBprMs9UOpE[/YT] current/smile. And as the result:

current/wink

Edited by: Marmetal - Nov-27-12 20:12:56

Marmetal
Martin Krüsh
useravatar
3139 Posts
Captain Of The Team
320 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

There is an in detail explanation on how to post videos on here in the thread below::
http://crashdiet.org/forum/index.php?op … p;Itemid=0

And I totally loved that song!! it was awesome. I know you like alot of that kinda cheesy/glittery supercatchy stuff, so I almost expected not to like it! I think i need to check my head again for prejudices against people who like Steel Panther haha!!

keep em coming? current/smile

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
zinserkth
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Chatterbox

Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
KerLondonLepard: because I live in a small country and the people whenever she sees me talking bad about me...I don't know why..:(
Mcinsanity: what kind of bad? Only one people? sorry, i didn't get
KerLondonLepard: my ex classmates...
KerLondonLepard: when I went to the school no one spoke with me...
KerLondonLepard: I was always alone,honey..
Mcinsanity: Horrible... childish... and u don't have any idea why they treated you like this?
KerLondonLepard: I really don't know but I hate my country....luckily tomorrow I will go to Castelfranco Veneto..
Mcinsanity: oh.. Enjoy then :)
KerLondonLepard: Thank you...<3 I love this blog...I feel at home
Mcinsanity: :)
KerLondonLepard: :D :D anyway! what are u doing now? :D
Mcinsanity: Listening lost horizons, maybe I shouldn't do this, it almost makes me cry... Beautiful song<3 and u?
KerLondonLepard: This song is fantastic <3 I'm chatting and watching TV :D
Mcinsanity: yes<3 :)
KerLondonLepard: <3 <3 hehe
Mcinsanity: Do you listen any other bands?
KerLondonLepard: yeah! mmm Hardcore Superstar,Sister,Hanoi Rocks,Alice Cooper,Guns N' Roses,L.A. Guns,Skid Row and other...mmm Pretty boy Floyd :D
KerLondonLepard: and u? :D
Mcinsanity: oh wow :D Reckless love, Santa cruz, Lovex, Sturm und drang...
KerLondonLepard: :D :D
Sleazoid: Goodnight everyone, have a great day where ever you all may be.
KerLondonLepard: Hey there!
madcandy: Hey :)
KerLondonLepard: hey how are u? :3
madcandy: fine ^_^ and you?
KerLondonLepard: Fine :) thanks
Mcinsanity: hey! :)
KerLondonLepard: hey :D
Mcinsanity: How are u?
KerLondonLepard: I'm fine thank you,and you? :)
Mcinsanity: annoyed... After last week holiday, school started today :(
KerLondonLepard: ohw :( poor :(
KerLondonLepard: I am waiting Peter cause I can order any stuff :)
Mcinsanity: oh, what stuff? :P (have i asked this already?)
KerLondonLepard: I am waiting that he will come back online
KerLondonLepard: hey there :)

Only registered users can chat!
Please register or login :)

Recent Forum Topics

by vilatichoslapka
Yesterday 10:22:44
by vilatichoslapka
Yesterday 10:19:05
by Kraljosovina
Oct-18-14 23:33:24
by miszczurek