Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

The Youtube Recommendations Thread

Re: The Youtube Recommendations Thread

Yeah I liked it aswell, got Motörhead vibes!

Band: The Catastophe Orchestra
Album: Demo from 2011(?)
Song: As The World Falls
Genre: Doomsday Anthems, according to themselves.
Year: 2003

I don't know much about this band at all, more than that they played a party I stumbeled into one time when I was extremely drunk haha. Their band name leaves quite a lot to wish, but I really like this kind of music.

I also noticed that they covered my favourite band Imperiets song "C.C. Cowboys":

Edited by: izzie - Nov-28-12 16:45:57

http://www.antonahlstrom.com/

izzie
Mr Moderator
useravatar
3358 Posts
0 AUP
Male  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

that.. was really really really awesome!
It makes me comfortable listening to it, like something I've heard before although I know I haven't! well done!
totally will dig deeper into this band... You're definatly one of the people with the better music taste I've encountered so far!

okay, mine:

genre: I suppose this would run under doom metal?
band: witchcraft [SE]
Album: Legend
Song: Not because of you
Year: 2012

It's a bit odd I like this I guess, because I've never had it easy with any bands that are.. somewaht likewise? I've had difficuluties to get into black sabbath my whole life, I never liked pentagram for exemple, and from the new wave of this music, which withcraft would belong to.. well I know there are a few, but the only name I could remember would be graveyard, who I love for their hisingen blues album cover but where I don't like one song. I've never been so much into all that 70ies doom/psychedelic/progerssive stuff you could say also.. and they definatly play under that tradiotion I guess...
I suppose the reason why I loved the album legend so much is actually that they left their former direction a bit. Some fans seem to be quite unhappy about that, but i can only recommend to listen to them current/smile

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5232 Posts
38 AUP
Male  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

I really liked it, made me feel very relaxed somehow current/smile
I could really see it being in a good movie. I was really not expecting this sound beacuse I've only heard a few of their earlier songs before.
Don't know if you even noticed Anna but I recommended you their song "Pendulum" on Facebook just a while ago, do you like that one also? Very different from this one I know, but I really, really dig the sound current/smile

Edit: I mixed band name with song name, so don't pay any attention to what I said Anna current/tongue
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artist: Sufjan Stevens
Album: Illinois
Song: John Wayne Gacy, Jr
Genre: Indie folk, indie pop, baroque pop
Year: 2005

This song is about John Wayne Gacy Jr who was an American serial killer that raped and murdered at least 33 teenage boys and young men.
Sufjan Stevens telling of the tale is beautifully terrifying and sad. It also raises alot of questions and especially with his very personal (or not, that's up yo you) ending of the song.
The video fits just perfectly, I have a hard time everytime I see it not to share a tear. I guess the more one knows about the case the more it hits you, but I hope you'll find it to be an emotional trip of quality that gets you thinking.

Edited by: Kraljosovina - Dec-03-12 22:58:52

AXL - STEVEN - IZZY - DUFF - SLASH  --- In Memory Of Guns N' Roses

Kraljosovina
Happy Go Lucky Me :D
useravatar
1412 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
3 AUP
Birthday  Website 

Not my cup of tea I'm afraid, that kind of singing just makes me want to turn it off as soon as possible, hehe. I just doesn't do anything with my emotions, or how you should put it. The lyrcis where good though.

------------

Arist: Broder Daniel
Album: Broder Daniel Forever
Song: I'll Be Gone
Genre: Rock/Indie Rock (kind of)
Year: 1998

Alright so this is a band that I have completely fallen in love with over the last months. They are from Gothenburg, same city as me. Almost all of their lyrics persists of anxiety and sadness, which strangely enough brings some sort of consolation in life. They just fit me and I'm sure many others life situation really good some times, and I guess that is what appeals to me. They've also been knows for their utrageous behaviour and parties during tours... Altough it ended rough with one of the guitarist comitting suicide. The band quit shortly after that.

Yeah, I'm not that good at writing these presentations, have a listen instead.

Lyrics:

Yeah
I won't last long
Soon I'll be gone
I won't last long
Soon I'll be gone
It's all the same to me
There's nothing to see
It's all the same to me
I feel so weak
I won't last long
I feel so weak
Weak in the world
It's all the same to me
There's nothing to see
It's all the same to me
I'm not made to last
I'm not made to last
I will soon be gone
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
I won't last long
Soon I'll be gone
I won't last long
I'll be gone
There's nothing for me to be
What will happen to me
What will happen to me
Although I'll soon be gone
I'll still think of you
Oh I'll think of you
And I will soon be gone

izzie
Mr Moderator
useravatar
3358 Posts
0 AUP
Male  Website 

^I've listened to that before. I dunno if it was you or somebody else who recommended it to me, but definatly something I could enjoy... gotta dig deeper into that band...

Band: Bloodlights
Genre: no idea...
song: Simple pleasures
Album: Simple Pleasures
Year:2010

I don't know if anyone here is familiar with Gluecifer, although I'm sure some are..
however this band is Gluecifers guitarplayers follow up project and I quite like them for when I need something easy and simple current/smile
enjoy, keep this thread active!!

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5232 Posts
38 AUP
Male  Birthday  Website 

*bump*
phu-lease?  current/neutral

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5232 Posts
38 AUP
Male  Birthday  Website 

mrs v. viper wrote:

Band: Bloodlights

I love this song you posted!!

A-Riot of Crashdiet Italian Street-team

CrashDiet Italian Street Team

ArySic
I sold my soul to R'n'R!
useravatar
272 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 AUP
Female  Birthday  Website 

Kismet

Genre: Alternative Rock
Band: Kismet
Album: We don't EP
Song: We don't

I personally know these guys 'cause they live next where I live, in Italy. I saw them live a lot of times and I was stunned of how they grew every time more. They started in little venues&pubs, then festivals..in november 2011 the band won the Final of TourmusicFest at the Piper Club in Rome as “Best Original band” and in 2012 they did a tour in the Uk, where they had great response.. and they rocked O2 Arena in London too! I really like them, they're talented and I think they deserve success.. Enjoy them current/smile

Kismet

Edited by: ArySic - Dec-19-12 16:34:00

A-Riot of Crashdiet Italian Street-team

CrashDiet Italian Street Team

ArySic
I sold my soul to R'n'R!
useravatar
272 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 AUP

Genre: I dont believe so much in genres as everything it's quite a blend of many different ones, but I'd define it rock.
Band: Hard Revenge
Album: Rusty
Song: Rusty Reasons For Love

I knew them in Reckless Love backstage the last year, they played as support band in the italian tour and i liked them... Nothing more to say current/smile

Edit:
Fixed the link //izzie

Edited by: izzie - Dec-19-12 20:57:36

S.QueenObscene
Miss Candy
useravatar
904 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 AUP

Ok, new people...check the "rules" first current/tongue

Kraljosovina
useravatar
1412 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
3 AUP
Birthday  Website 

I didnt manage to put the link in the right way, i was browsing with my phone current/big_smile

S.QueenObscene
Miss Candy
useravatar
904 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 AUP

axl whïte wrote:

With the new lovely feature (from Izzie) which makes you able to link Youtube clips right within you post, me and Baccardï thought of a thread like this after seeing Vipers lovely idea. I'm not gonna be more pretanious than this, but cred to us!

Anygay, here are the rules: READ THEM

One post per day per person.

Genre:
Band:
Album:
Song:
Year:

Personal reflection/why it's so good we should listen to it:
1. Bands or albums that are similair
2. No really famous songs, we do not want Sweet Child! If we want recommendations we want more unknown songs and songs that deserve more attention
3. No Crashdïet songs, we've heard all the songs available.
4. Live or studio doesn't really matter, best version of the song you think. But not crappy live clips, if you only find those, go with an album version or a demo version.

Post your reply to the song above, nothing too long but a short response.
Only post one song per day but feel free to discuss the songs forever.

Go!

I was mostly thinking about the reply part. To make it fun for everyone an honest opinion on the latest recommendation is important current/smile
And maybe a bit more than just "I liked that song" or "I didn't like that song" current/tongue

Kraljosovina
useravatar
1412 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
3 AUP
Birthday  Website 

Okay, i'll add something tomorrow when i'll log in on the pc current/big_smile

S.QueenObscene
Miss Candy
useravatar
904 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 AUP

Genre: Baddass Hard Rock
Band: Jackyl
Album: Jackyl
Song: Dirty Little Mind
Year: 1992

"I am like God, and God like me. I am as large as God, He is as small as I. He cannot above me, nor I beneath Him be."

- Max Cady (De Niro), Cape Fear.

Marcio Fakk
useravatar
42 Posts
Newcomer
0 AUP

^I'm sorry but I could not tell if the singer was actually trying to be serious or not. I'll say no more than that haha.

Artist: Skraeckoedlan
Song Title: Cactus
Album Title: Appeltradet
Year: 2011
Genre: Stoner Rock

Crossed paths with this band at a local release party earlier this year. A bit more heavy than the stuff I usally listen to these days, but they've got something almost hypnotic that really catches me. Also the guys in the band are probably the nicest guy I've ever met, haha.

izzie
Mr Moderator
useravatar
3358 Posts
0 AUP
Male  Website 

somehow liked the song, especially the beginning is impressive current/smile I guess I have to hear it more often to come into it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v … =endscreen

Artst: Sólstafir
Song Title: Fjara
Album Title: SVARTIR SANDAR
Year: 2011
Genre: Psychedelic Metal

discovered them on youtube while listening to Alcest since I'm lately into music with foreign languages beside english. Really like the dreaming and meditative atmosphere current/smile Really nice song to calm down, think, dream..

Sarah SickMind
useravatar
217 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 AUP
Female  Website 

Skraeckoedlan - something about this bothered me. can'treally touch it, but nah...

Sólstafir - I loved this. I am into stuff like that lately anyway, I absolutely adored the video,... nothing to add...

band: The Devil's Blood
Song: I 'll be your ghost
album: The Time of no Time Evermore
year: 2009
genre: I totally fail here, no idea...

might sound weird, but one of the biggest dilemmas in my life is that I am absolutely OBSESSED with (Rock/metal)music related artwork, sadly only really really few bands that grab me music wise deliver in that department. You have no idea how ofen I resisted a buring urge to buy Morbid's Year of the Goat box set in the last 2 years or so, just because I think thet cover is one of the most brilliantly composed pieces ever. I wouldn't listen to Morbid in a lifetime.
Someone recommended me this band because they, together with for exemple Ghost, are a bit the solution to this problem of mine. and yeah, I liked it current/big_smile
I still want Morbid's box tho. if anyone ever sees thta cover as a poster, please inform me, i need it.
Or a remaining print of Danielssons Nachtmystium/Pentagram tourposter would also do. current/sad

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5232 Posts
38 AUP
Male  Birthday  Website 

*bump*

C'mon people! I want to discover new stuff! I feel discriminated against that this thread always dies after I post- You can say you fucking hate my taste aswell you know, I can take it current/tongue

seriously tho, share your little unkown gems. And don't forget to give a reply to the poster above :3

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5232 Posts
38 AUP
Male  Birthday  Website 

I used to love that record, but can't stand it anymore. All that occult black magic bullshit. It just doesn't work for me anymore.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Genre: Hip Hop
Band: Looptroop Rockers
Album: Good Things
Song: The Building
Year: 2008

This is different in many ways then, 'cause it's a band I discovered at a Reggae festival last year and it's, despite it's name, no rock band, but a swedish hip hop group. The relation to rock music might be some drum patterns.
Yeah, anyways, also rock has a lasting place as my favorite genre of all times, it also happens that I look beyond my own backyard and then I might listen to something like this. I like their attitude and elaborate lyrics, which mostly involve critical views on modern societies.

beautïful
nevermore
useravatar
401 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
0 AUP
Male  Birthday  Website 

I think I sounded the death knell for this thread, so I can as well give it another kick.

Genre: Extreme Metal
Band: Triptykon
Album: Shatter EP
Song: Shatter
Year: 2010

Triptykon is the third bandproject by Tom G. Warrior, the ex-singer of Hellhammer and Celtic Frost. That should ring a bell at least for all of you, who are into the heavier metal stuff. As Celtic Frost it's an avangardistic mixture of Black, Death, Doom and Thrash Metal. You should really see this video, because it looks breathtaking and the song has a cool refrain. So, have fun with this nihilistic piece of art.

beautïful
nevermore
useravatar
401 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
0 AUP
Male  Birthday  Website 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
michal
Members Online: