The Youtube Recommendations Thread

Re: The Youtube Recommendations Thread

Genre: ?
Band: Capri & houseband
Album: -
Song: 18 and Life (Skid Row cover)
Year: 1989 /2013
Personal reflection/why it's so good we should listen to it:
I simply LOVE her voice and I am each and every time I see her totally amazed by it. In my opinion she's making a really nice version out of that song. And I simply love her

Edited by: Fhina - Jan-28-13 20:52:17

"To follow your dreams is something you really should do in your life, to achieve something that is really important to you."

Streetteam Finland

Fhina
Smut Queen
useravatar
1335 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
531 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

As I´ve seen there are some Skid Row fans here… I (as a die-hard-Skid Row fan) apprechiate it a lot!!!!!

You probably know it?

Genre: Punk/ (in my opinion it´s grunge, but they call it Punk)
Band: Prunella Scales
Album: Dressing up the idiot
Song: Crisp
Year: 1997

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8FMRreFVv8

It´s the bassists and heart of Skid Row´s side project Prunella Scales. Amazing record! It´s with one of their former drummers Phil Varone!
The band just produced one record.

Tell me what you think!

riKki reKkless
Mr. Ellious Rough
useravatar
306 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
370 Points
Male  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

^please read the rules (of this thread)! you are supposed to give an opinion to the song before you before you post a new one current/smile

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5227 Posts
1447 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

^ What she said. And who the fudge dislikes a post that's meant to help so that the thread will be good again? It's a great thread if done by the rules current/smile

Edited by: Kraljosovina - Jan-30-13 15:40:59

AXL - STEVEN - IZZY - DUFF - SLASH  --- In Memory Of Guns N' Roses

Kraljosovina
Happy Go Lucky Me :D
useravatar
1410 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
199 Points
Birthday  Website 

Okay, so I'm reviving this thread (again!)!
Please really follow the rules of this thread and before you post about your own song give a reply to the one before. It's all about discussiong and discovering music, not just about posting songs, and when we first created this thread we thought about this rule to prevent people from just posting and never listening, so pelease respect that current/smile Maybe to make it not so overlooked from now on add a "My reply:" into the structure, like this:

My opinion about the above:

I hadn't heard about Prunella Scales tbh, but I quite liked it! I guess people know by now that I'm easily convinced by punky melodic pretty things :3 I LOVED the video. Why don't they make videos like these days? current/sad nothing to critisize, will check if I can find more of this band!! Ofc Skid row had, simliar to GNR that punk vibe, so I'm not too surprised to like it!

Band: The Klezmatics
Song: Gonna get through this World
Album: Wonder Wheel
Year: 2009
Genre: Klezmer/Folk/Pop

Reflection:
Okay so the simple reason why I love this is that I like the band and that if there would be one motto song for me it would be this one.
To give a little background tho, The Klezmatics are an american folk/Klezmer (for those who do not know, Klezmer is the traditional music of the east european jews). They are easy to listen to tho, they have quite some pop streaks in them without losing their spirit. This particular song has been performed by them in different versions. The words to this however aren't from them but from a Poet and singer songwriter named Woody Guthrie, who grew up and lived under poor circumstances during the great depression. He has influenced severy folk musicians.

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5227 Posts
1447 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

*bumb*

anyone want to bring this thread back to life? remember, give opinion on previous song first before recommending your own current/smile

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5227 Posts
1447 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

My opinion about the above: It´s easy to hear, but unfortunately I´m not really into this folk thing, except the irish version. For me, it gets exhausting after some time...

Band: Bourbon Crow
Song: Pour on Rain
Album: Long Way To The Bottom
Year: 2009
Genre: Country

Reflection
Bourbon Crow is a side project of Wednesday 13 and they´re playing country rock. To be honest, I never before listened to country, but this song and all of the others improve my mood. In a way it´s good to cool down, but in an other way it makes me wanna dance or something like that.
Also it amazes me everytime, that someone could change so much in the kind of music he plays. My mum for example wouldn´t believe that it´s Wednesday singing, especially after listening to "I walked with a Zombie" current/big_smile

Musik är mitt liv, det är bara så

Crashdiet Streetteam Germany

NightFalling
Larissa :)
useravatar
212 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
1237 Points
Website 

My opinion about the above: It's quite easy to listen, nice and calm and relaxing... Nothing very special though. I can imagine putting it to my playlist maybe as a background while reading or studying. Real country classics like Johnny Cash or Hank Williams are hard to beat current/smile

Band: Rome
Song: Die Nelke
Album: Masse Mensch Material
Year: 2008
Genre: Neofolk / Apocalyptic folk / Martial industrial

Reflection
I've been thinking for quite a long time which band should I present here as first but decided for Rome after all 'cause there are probably not many people familiar with neofolk/martial music genre and I think that's a pitty.
Rome is a Luxembourgish act founded in late 2005 as the main output for the songs of Jerome Reuter and was joined by co-producer Patrick Damiani as official member in early 2008. This music genre is always quite dark and depressive but there's something bittersweet and very special about this band. Reuter is an amazing musician - and I'd say that if there is God, he has his voice!
So this is my favourite song from favourite record... Quite easy to listen to, the rest of the album is not though - but definitely worth it anyway!

Edited by: MissHurricane - Dec-19-13 22:01:50

MissHurricane
useravatar
295 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
1652 Points

*poke*
Someone feels like joining this thread?
Anyone?
Come on, it's fun!

MissHurricane
useravatar
295 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
1652 Points

This is so annoyiung ahah this is such a good thread and it just doesn't get used.
I can't be posting alll the time..
But I loved that last one! I can imagine myself going back to that for my next all nighter current/big_smile

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5227 Posts
1447 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

This seems like a nice thread. Lets see if I can manage to do this right. current/wink

My opinion about the above:
Beautiful song. I don't usually listen this kind of music, but I could imagine myself listening this song when going to sleep. And the voice of the singer, wow!

Band:Hybrid children
Song:Dancing on roses
Album:Fight as one
Genre:Garage/Punk/Rock
Year:2009

Hybrid Children: Dancing On Roses

Reflection:
This band really changed the music experience for me. Before I heard about this band, I had tried to like the same kind of music my friends liked, but when I heard my first Hybrid children song, it was like "this music is like me" kind of experience. It was love at first sight, and even after 20 years, the love still burns with a big flame. (And I mean love for their music, not anyone in the band current/tongue )
Hybrid children is a little bit of an underground band from Finland. They have never made it big, but even though many lineup changes, they still manage to do some shows every year.
This song is not my favourite of them (not many of their songs have made it in to Youtube), but I like the lyrics

Edited by: katribear - Jan-20-14 07:59:24

katribear
useravatar
64 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
320 Points

mrs v. viper wrote:

This is so annoyiung ahah this is such a good thread and it just doesn't get used.
I can't be posting alll the time..
But I loved that last one! I can imagine myself going back to that for my next all nighter current/big_smile

It is annoying indeed, this thread is great and I'd really appreciate more recommendations of some underground music... I'm glad that you liked it! Let me know your opinion if you listen to more of their music current/smile

katribear wrote:

Beautiful song. I don't usually listen this kind of music, but I could imagine myself listening this song when going to sleep. And the voice of the singer, wow!

Yeah, I think it's perfect "calming" music, quite depressive though, hah. I really like that Hybrid Children song but I think it's somebody's else turn now to join this thread so I'm gonna wait with another recommendation current/smile

MissHurricane
useravatar
295 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
1652 Points

Oh well, guess it's me again after all...

to Hybrid Children: I've heard about them nut so far kind of dismissed them as just "one more of those finnish bands that have a ton of german hysteric fans" probably because thats a bit the context in which I first heard of them, no offense to anyone haha. This was better than I expected, I thought they were even less edgy. might get back after all if I ever need stuff like this.

this is currently on repeat for me so I thought I can aswell share this here:

Song: Man of golden words
Band: Mother Love Bone
Album: Apple, 1990

Mother Love Bone are a bit of a legend for some and not known by many I guess. They formed in the mid 80s and went on to become on of most remarkable acts in the late 80s/early 90s in Seattle. This is kind of the turning point from glam to grunge and I think they definatly still draw sounds from the 80s but already have this vibe going on that Nirvana and Alice in Chains perfected. The Lead singer died 1990 before their debut album was released so they never made it big, but some of the mebers went on to form Pearl Jam, I hope everyone has heard of them at least current/big_smile

This song is more on the darker and slower side but they have also other songs that people who prefer that Party rock thing will enjoy. They are on spotify, try Capricorn Sister or Stardog Champion.

Edited by: mrs v. viper - Feb-01-14 07:48:12

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5227 Posts
1447 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

I didn't know that Hybrid children have a hysteric following in Germany. current/big_smile It seems I have been too long away from Europe. Hahaa.

It's been about 8 years since I have last seen them play, but back then they were a very good live band. One of the best I have seen.

As for Mother Love Bone, I was little reluctant to listen it at first because of the link with Pearl Jam. I was a kid of the grunge era, so I had an overload of grunge back then. Didn't like it then (too popular), don't like it now (hard to get rid off of old habits). current/wink As for the song Man Of Golden Words, I actually liked it. I was surprised. Maybe because I hadn't heard it before, it didn't have any negative connotations for me.

I leave the Youtube recommendation for the next person to come by. I have been looking only weird music in youtube lately.

Edited by: katribear - Feb-05-14 04:06:29

katribear
useravatar
64 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
320 Points

katribear wrote:

I didn't know that Hybrid children have a hysteric following in Germany. current/big_smile It seems I have been too long away from Europe. Hahaa.

hahaha, I suppose they don't and it's not like a lot of people. but you know there is that "scene" or whatever of girls that go to finland all the time and drool over all things finnish because at one point they found out theres some great bands coming from there. Some of thme are super super nice but some are... annyoing.

katribear wrote:

As for Mother Love Bone, I was little reluctant to listen it at first because of the link with Pearl Jam. I was a kid of the grunge era, so I had an overload of grunge back then. Didn't like it then (too popular), don't like it now (hard to get rid off of old habits).

ah, yeah i understand. I think it's a bit sad people get scared of by the grunge label tho, many of the grunge folks actually evolved from being glam. (Alice in Chains being the probabaly most stand out exemple). I get that you can get tired of it too tho. I was born 1990, so by the time I actively discovered music the first grunge wave was far over already. As far as I am concerned I was the only one amongst my friend obsessed with nirvana, and it was by far the purest music I found when I was about 14

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5227 Posts
1447 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
millman
Members Online: