Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

How did you discover Crashdïet?

How did you discover Crashdïet?

Hey there everyone, im just saying this straight off, how did you discover Crash?

I can tell my store but it would take like an hour to write, and i have really no energy to do that, instead im just listening to them   current/roll  So instead, tell your story!

Sleaz
useravatar
220 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Birthday 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: How did you discover Crashdïet?

Gnr -> Vains Of Jenna -> Crashdïet

On youtube, listenin to Riot and Queen on repeat....

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened!  current/smile

axl whïte
useravatar
3083 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Saw them with HCSS in 2007!

http://www.antonahlstrom.com/

izzie
Mr Moderator
useravatar
3358 Posts
0 Points
Male  Website 

Someone I didn't know played them for me on a party, It's a miracle and Riot. I forgot to ask him about the name of the band and never met him again. that must have been 2006 or something.
I searched and searched but later forgot about it.
Later, I started to listen to Mötley Crüe and Hanoi Rocks... that was in 2008. I found them one day, in the related videos on youtube and was so happy I found them after all  current/big_smile
I first bought TUR because RIS was out on amazon at the time.
it was destiny.
Although, my really true discovery might be when I first saw them live.
I know it sounds soooo pathetic, but this is was happened:
I felt like the new year would be totally different, and that on new years Eve i would start to totally change my life.
I fekt like seeing a band, on my own and all alone. Live music always is so magic... Crashdiet played, in another country and i thought this is what I'm looking for.

http://www.crashdiet.org/index.php/pres ... gen-review

I was afraid as never before, and I probably froze more than ever before but I did it and after that I wanted to make the german streetteam.
Nice story huh....

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5235 Posts
71 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

recommendations of people current/smile oh and the sleazeroxx forum i believe. then me and my brother started listening and never stopped current/smile so glad i found them haha

Lizzy Rose
useravatar
602 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
0 Points
Female  Birthday 

Interesting topic and to be honest I don't really remember how I discovered CRASHDÏET current/big_smile. But I think it could be because of Last.fm and its recommendations although I'm not totally sure about that. Or because of some online friends current/smile.

http://imageshack.com/a/img12/1289/hrix.jpg

Marmetal
Martin Krüsh
useravatar
3137 Posts
Captain Of The Team
228 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Marmetal wrote:

Interesting topic and to be honest I don't really remember how I discovered CRASHDÏET current/big_smile. But I think it could be because of Last.fm and its recommendations although I'm not totally sure about that. Or because of some online friends current/smile.

Last.fm recommendations are a god send.
Thinking about it, that's probably exactly where I found out about them.
I just wish It had happened much MUCH earlier. Can't believe I was missing out for so so long current/sad

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

XiLaii
The Strange
useravatar
2672 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points

Hum. I have no idea. Usually I remember how I found bands, but for some reason I dont remember Crashdïet. I'm pretty sure it was trough youtube's suggestions or something.

i would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey.

Sheila
grevling
useravatar
3138 Posts
Captain Of The Team
134 Points

A friend had one of there song on his spotify playlist.

and i just began to lisen to the rest after that current/smile

Its hard to light a candle, its easy to curse the dark instead!

Livingdead4life
Source of Chaos and Confusion
useravatar
1064 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

XiLaii wrote:

Marmetal wrote:

Last.fm recommendations are a god send.

So true, I discovered many great bands because of it actually! current/smile God bless Last.fm, hehe current/big_smile.

Marmetal
Martin Krüsh
useravatar
3137 Posts
Captain Of The Team
228 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Now the only one really impressing me was Mrs V. Viper with her story, haha, i like when there's a real story behind the discover. And the review were awesome! And somethings you write in it i recognize. Like the part with Simon. The latest gig i saw Crash on was in Sundsvall, after they played i took some pics with Sweet and changed some words with him, awesome. And then i saw Peter and Simon taking pictures with other fans, but on my way there Peter leaves and it's just Simon left. Now Simon freaks me out a little bit, i don't really know why but he sure as hell are, so i just stood there and didn't do anything, now i have a lot of remorse becuz that, haha....

Now to the topic, they way i discovered Crashdïet where through a book, actully it was Nikki Sixxs book, The Heroin Diaries. My friend (now days she's my girlfriend) said that i should try to read it, this happened when I was 15, so I did. And that's when i discovered Glam rock.
When I starting to like band, I got kind of obsessed with them, so the first real band i got obsessed with where Mötley Cruë, and they are still one of the best fucking bands in the world. Motleys songs and particularly The Heroin Diaries have helped me through some real rough times.Well, anyway, the girl who tipped me about this book later find out that we were meant to be more than just friends, today we have been together for almost a year and a half.

Last year Motley was coming to Sweden, so we decided of course to go see them on the Sonisphere festival in Stockholm. The day before this festival, there was a pre-party concert. And the headliners where Crashdïet, that night i got totally blown away by them, I had listened to the GW album a little but not that much. So that day i got obsessed with another band, haha. After that concert i have just listened more and more to Crash, i just wish i'd discovered them earlier.
I don't know so much about the RIS (R.I.P Dave

Sleaz
useravatar
220 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Birthday 

Sleaz wrote:

Now the only one really impressing me was Mrs V. Viper with her story, haha, i like when there's a real story behind the discover. And the review were awesome!

thank you current/smile
yeah I agree with you, as story makes it more magic haha. although you still can recover a band through a simple spotify playlist or something like that, but if you stil remember the exact moment, how you felt like when you heard the first song, than it's amazing. I still know how that guys speakers looked because I stared at them in disbelief haha.
JB should copy his story rum his RIS CD review here, it's amazing aswell.

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5235 Posts
71 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Okay I think I should start in January 2005 when I picked up the guitar for the first time when I was 15. I mainly listened to Guns N Roses and Skid Row at the time and it became clear that I followed a dream from that moment on: to become a Rockstar and play in a Band like that. But over the months I got desperate because I had to realize that there wasn't a Band of that kind into the Music Business at all. I wanted to have a Band in my age to look up to. I kinda gave up that the music I loved so much would ever get as much attention as it had in the late 80's.
In the summer of 2005 I found a review of "Rest In Sleaze" in the german EMP magazine (I have to add that I hadn't had acces to the internet at the time, therefore I couldn't knew what kind of Bands were out there). I thought the title of the record sounded damn cool, because I knew that the music I loved was called "Sleaze Rock". Even more interesting was the fact that the reviewer wrote: "their sound is between Guns N Roses, Skid Row and Motley Crue". So I kept the name of the Band in mind.
In the autumn of 2005 I had the chance to go to the internet in school. So I reminded myself at the Band I wanted to google, so I typed in "Crashdiet". I found the website (the black one with the "go big or go home" banner) and looked at some photos because I couldnt listen to the songs or samples (school). And I was shocked! I thought they looked like girls or gays or whatever, but definately NOT cool! I thought that isn't the way a Rockstar should look like, so I kinda lost interest then...
Later in the spring of 2006 I asked a friend to download some music for me, and I told him he should put everything he could find of the Band "Crashdiet" on the disc aswell. Because I wanted to gave them a try at least. So he did, he downloaded the whole "Rest In Sleaze" for me. The turning point game...
..immediately when I listened to the first chords and screams of "Knokk 'em Down". Goddamn! I could have started to cry! It was soo great! Finally there was a Band at my age which played that kind of music! Finally I had role models, finally I had the power again to become a Rockstar, because these guys showed me that it can work!
Then I googled them again and had to read that the forntman "Dave Lepard" was dead and so was the Band. I was really really dissapointed but I kept listen to this great record over and over again and couldn't believe how good it was.
Thats basically my story. When The Unattractive Revolution came out, I was thrilled at first but the feeling turned more and more into a dissapointment because the Band was very different from the Band I felt in love with. The Band will never be as good for me as they were with Lepard, even though they made a damn good record with "Generation Wild". But the greatness of Dave will be missing forever, his lyrics, his voice... therefore and ONLY therefore is Dave Lepard truly one of my biggest idols.

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

P. fizzy Suxx
Mister Downbone
useravatar
3685 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Mrs V. Viper wrote:

JB should copy his story rum his RIS CD review here, it's amazing aswell.

Thanx Viper! I will post it here, just gotta find it first (:

joey_baccardï
JOEY BACCARDÏ
useravatar
2369 Posts
Captain Of The Team
3 Points
Male  Birthday 

Very simple, was about to see Motley Crue live in Stockholm last year (2010). And I read somwhere that they were going to play at the preparty in Kungsträdgården. So I had too listen to them to see what the fuck is going on. Not impressed the first time for some reaseon. The night (before Motleys concert) that they played in Stockholm. I had planned to go to see them, but i didnt. I went to a party, tried to fuck a girl instead. I regret that today. One: My friend saw Vince Neil and Tommy Lee at the club Hells Kitchen, two: Crashdiet are awesome and i missed, three: I didn't get laid. To drunk and fucked up. But that's my first experience and discovery of Crashdiet. Now i fucking love them. They have someting that todays band doesent have. Attitude and rock and roll in there veins.

Well, im going to se them in Stockholm at Cirkus.

Please play "Fear Control". Great fuckin song!

Edit: I am drunk, and this is the first time I write something here. Im swedish and my english may suck, but i dont care. As long as you understand what i am saying. If you´re not? Well, that's your fucking problem.

stinky
useravatar
4 Posts
Newcomer
0 Points

So this is my story, copied n' pasted from my review of Rest In Sleaze, therefor it's a mix of a review n' a personal story:
http://www.crashdiet.org/webshop/index. ... ews_id=192

"The Rest in Sleaze album means a lot to me, just as it does for many other people and for a whole lotta bands that probably would have been unsigned or rather unknown if it wasn't for Rest in Sleaze. This album opened up my eyes for something I thought no longer existed - hardrockers who looks like hardrockers. Back in 1996, one of the most famous rockbands in the world, Kiss, made a reunion tour with all the originalmembers. I was only 3 years old back then, but the reunion of Kiss was considered to be big news worldwide. I quickly became a Kiss fan, they were the ultimate thing for me, they had awesome songs, they looked cool and they had amazing liveshows. Since that day I was always looking for a band as complete as Kiss, but without result. But one day in 2005, I sat in front of the TV just watching some random shit, and suddenly... in the middle of the commercials I heard a loud and clear falsetto scream! I saw some of the coolest guys ever, flying right through a wall! They wore tights, boots, trashed bandshirts and had long n' teased hair while they walked down the street playing they're new single "Breakin' the Chainz". They were Crash Fuckin' Dïet! Needless to say, I was stunned! This was the greatest thing since I discovered Kiss! And while watching the commercial I couldn't stop thinking "That's how I wanna be when I grow up". When I later bought myself a copy of Rest In Sleaze I was convinced that this was a life-changing record. And from the first second I put it in my stereo I loved it! The songs were just so awesome, not to mention the lyrics were just as awesome aswell! Damn, this album was, is and will always be one of my favorite records. The album is filled with catchy hard rock songs as "Knokk' em Down", "Riot in Everyone", "Queen Obscene" and "Breakin' the Chainz" aswell as midtempo songs like "Out of Line" and "It's a Miracle". But the best thing with this album is that there's not a single weak track on this album. It's pure kickass! If you haven't bought it yet, follow my advice and do it! (NICE FUCKIN' STORY! //LONDON)"

That last little piece always makes me smile like a little girl current/lol

joey_baccardï
JOEY BACCARDÏ
useravatar
2369 Posts
Captain Of The Team
3 Points
Male  Birthday 

Cool story Jesper! current/big_smile

Marmetal
Martin Krüsh
useravatar
3137 Posts
Captain Of The Team
228 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Marmetal wrote:

Cool story Jesper! current/big_smile

Since when did we say "Jesper"?  current/mad
Just kiddin' with ya, thanx man (:

joey_baccardï
JOEY BACCARDÏ
useravatar
2369 Posts
Captain Of The Team
3 Points
Male  Birthday 

stinky wrote:

Edit: I am drunk, and this is the first time I write something here. Im swedish and my english may suck, but i dont care. As long as you understand what i am saying. If you´re not? Well, that's your fucking problem.

HA HA!  didnt made a good impression dont ya think?

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

P. fizzy Suxx
Mister Downbone
useravatar
3685 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

it's such a cool story, I wish I had discovered them that way haha.

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5235 Posts
71 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
timowe
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Chatterbox

Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
Mcinsanity: klock is so much, and i have school tomorrow :( Tomorrow i think i can talk little bit later.. and Peter I hope you 'll figure everything out :) Good night everyone!
Mcinsanity: clock* :D
KerLondonLepard: Good Night my friend :D
Legion: I can't post again..
FrilansReklam: test the chatt hi all
Bootyplank: WOOT WHAT IS THIS
FrilansReklam: hi again
KerLondonLepard: Hello :)
Carl Tap: hi
KerLondonLepard: Hi! :)
Mcinsanity: Hi! :)
Mcinsanity: I ordered shirt in M-size ;)
KerLondonLepard: Great! :D
stinger: Hello :)
Mcinsanity: hey! :)
KerLondonLepard: hey :)
Mcinsanity: How are you everyone? :)
KerLondonLepard: I'm fine now! :D thanks and u?
Mcinsanity: I'm fine :)
KerLondonLepard: :D
KerLondonLepard: Anyone there? :)
thaisaltessor: Hi !!
KerLondonLepard: Hey! how are u? :)
thaisaltessor: I'm fine thanks :D what about you?
KerLondonLepard: I'm fine thank you :D
thaisaltessor: Where are you from?
KerLondonLepard: Italy! My name is Sara,nice to meet u :) and u? Where are u from? :D
thaisaltessor: Nice, I would like to meet Italy *-* I'm from Brazil! My name is Thais, nice to meet you too sara :D
KerLondonLepard: :D Nice Brazil :) I'd like to visit :)
thaisaltessor: Cool! I loved your tattoo to peter ♥
KerLondonLepard: Ohhh! Thank you so much ♥ ♥ ♥
Mcinsanity: hey! :)
KerLondonLepard: hey :)
KerLondonLepard: Hello :)
Judd: hi!!
KerLondonLepard: How are u? :)

Only registered users can chat!
Please register or login :)

Recent Forum Topics

by AzzyPoizon
Today 05:19:36