Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

How did you discover Crashdïet?

Re: How did you discover Crashdïet?

I didn't see this thread before!!

It was 2011, almost winter time, and CRASHDIET were supporting Mike Monroe, Wednesday 13 in London, UK.  current/smile Really impressed with the band live.

Miss_Z
useravatar
74 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Female  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Being a huge fan of Guns 'N Roses and Mötley Crüe I was searching for some "new" Sleaze Rock bands from nowadays; because - sorry, I know some of you will kill me for saying this - to me there IS no Guns 'N Roses anymore (it's the Axl Rose show) and Mötley Crüe's new stuff isn't that catchy anymore. So I found Dirtypenny (so sad that they seem to have quit), Wildstreet, Midnight Cowboys and o f c o u r s e CrashDiet. Fell in love with Down With The Dust, started youtube-ing and totally got lost in the CrashDiet universe current/wink

Stay beautiful. Keep it ugly.

ChaosGirl
useravatar
163 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Female  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

I discovered Crashdiet 1.5 years too bloody late.

I've just become a fan over the past couple of months but i had multiple chances before that.

In early 2010 i was introduced to Reckless Love. One comment sticks in my mind from that moment; 'the singer used to be in a more famous Swedish band". Did I ever bother checking them out? of course not. Then in 2011, I was at a Reckless Love gig in Whelan's, Dublin. They were on the Animal Attraction tour and the show was fairly decent (despite their new found love for very pop / less rock tunes). Outside after the gig i was having a smoke with some fella who tried to clue me in by mentioning another band, yours truly, were playing a gig two days later and they were far rockier. Did i listen? yes actually. I went home, checked out a few tunes and thought they were good. However, it was mid-December, christmas was coming up and the funds just werent there. No Crashdiet gig, next time maybe....

Finally I made a playlist on Spotify with some Sebastian Bach, Reckless Love, W.A.S.P. and Mötley Crüe. Before long 'So Alive' made its way in. Then 'Generation Wild'. I started adding each one and that brought in Sister Sin, Hardcore Superstar, Crazy Lixx, Crucified Barbara and many more. It's Crashdiet that have won out my interest and all four of their albums are pretty much on daily rotation.

Music wise it's a great time to find the band. Savage Playground is a monster album and Generation Wild is still so fresh. Of course I've discovered them at the end if their European tour and they're not at Hellfest this year. At this stage all I want is to catch them live and I will not be a happy camper until that happens.... And I do a round of shots with the lads. Delighted to finally be here (:{)

Happy to be here.

Editor and Guru Extraordinaire of Ticketsthere.com .:MU5IC BLOG:.

Tickets There
Tickets There - Music Blog
useravatar
5 Posts
Newcomer
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

asked a friend if there is any good sleaze rock bands around and she should me Rest In Sleaze and Generation Wild. Being I refuse to copy or download records as I like to have the artwork with it I was only able to find the Savage Playground at a local record shop grabbed the last copy while I waited for the other two records to arrive after ordering them from Amazon.  Saw the band a week later and was hooked.

MNGlambassist
useravatar
120 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
3 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

MNGlambassist wrote:

asked a friend if there is any good sleaze rock bands around and she should me Rest In Sleaze and Generation Wild. Being I refuse to copy or download records as I like to have the artwork with it I was only able to find the Savage Playground at a local record shop grabbed the last copy while I waited for the other two records to arrive after ordering them from Amazon.  Saw the band a week later and was hooked.

There are three more records you know

http://www.antonahlstrom.com/

izzie
Mr Moderator
useravatar
3358 Posts
0 Points
Male  Website 

Three D: ?

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

GunsNCrüeSWE
I am of my father the devil...
useravatar
1227 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
9 Points
Male  Website 

izzie wrote:

MNGlambassist wrote:

There are three more records you know

I am aware of it. Got them shortly after.

MNGlambassist
useravatar
120 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
3 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

I  was luck many years ago a record label /owner and bro of mine send me a dvd , free of course , i saw CRASHDIET "  riot in everyone  " IT WAS SO FUCKIN COOL , and was like  FUCK THESE GUYS ARE KICKING ASS  , SO I WAS INSTANTLY LOVING THEM  , now of course i have  MET AND HUNG WITH THEM, FRONT ROW AND ALL, O YEA I WILL NOT BE JOEY BAKER ON FACEBOOK NO MORE , MY BRO TOOK THE ACT , SIMON ALZ WILL BE UP SOON , ADD MY ASS OK ?  TO SWEET AND THE GUYS KEEP ON ROCKING !  COME BACK TO FLORIDA U.S.A. AND WE SHALL HANG OUT ALOT MORE , CHEERS N BEERS , SEE YA , ALZ FROM FLORIDA , VIA NYC , L.A., VEGAS, MEXICO AND NOW FLORIDA !~   ROCK ON ALL,  Z

alz
PARTY ANIMAL
useravatar
107 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
67 Points
Female  Website 

I'm always watching my recommendations on last.fm and one day CRASHDÏET just popped out. I think it was because of my numerous Mötley Crüe scrobbles current/smile

MissHurricane
useravatar
300 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
0 Points

I already told the tale of how I first discovered Crashdiet when I introduced myself to this forum, but I might tell the longer version now, so that people who haven't been into this part of the forum can find this thread more easily. current/smile

OK. The first Crashdiet song I heard was Riot In Everyone, and I head it in the old fashioned way: on the radio while sitting in my car. I was staying only less than a week in Finland with my (then) japanese boyfriend. We were there to say to my parents that we will be getting married in a couple of months. I was a total mess and kept postponing the announcement; "Let's say tomorrow", and come tomorrow, again, "let's say tomorrow."  Hahaha. current/big_smile

All along we were in Finland, we spent most of our days driving around Southern Finland visiting all these really weird places even I didn't know existed before I had done some Internet reseach. Rest In Sleaze had just been released, so Riot In Everyone was on a power push on the local radio channel. I think they played it like once in a hour or something like that, so we heard it a lot. And every time it was playing, we would put the volume up, current/smile and I would say, that after getting back to Japan, the first thing we would do, was to buy that album. (I have no idea why we had to wait after getting back to Japan. I'm not the brightest tool in the box I guess.)

Anyway, I think we finally said about the wedding the second to last day. My parents took it really well.

Even today, when I hear Riot In Everyone, I remember that week and how nervous I was. current/big_smile

Actually every time Crashdiet has released a new album, something major has been happening in my life. When Unattractive Revolution was released, I was pregnant with my first son. When Generation Wild was released, I was pregnant with my second son. When Savage Playground was released, I hadn't listened to any music for two years. I think it was some kind of post traumatic stress related thing after the big earthquake/tsunami/nuclear meltdown, and all the shit that came after it. But finally last year I figured out, that I shouldn't worry about things I couldn't control, and started to enjoy music again. Weird! Savage Playground was one of the first CDs I bought after that.

katribear
useravatar
68 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
50 Points

really? i don't know anymore exactly

i remember that i was working on a new guitardesign and i had a "glam"rock mix open on youtube.
the first i listened to was live stuff like "cocaine cowboys" in a bad quality. so i searched more and found my way into the music of crashdiet.
now i'm here xD

Chaosqueen
useravatar
6 Posts
Newcomer
0 Points

From the moment i saw riot in everyone on youtube, i was hooked.

RATT88
useravatar
20 Posts
Newcomer
0 Points

I've known who they are for many years! I saw a picture of them quite a while back, and the first thing I thought was "NOW THAT"S WHAT I CALL A BAND!" and it was love ever since!

Kattoo
useravatar
2 Posts
Newcomer
0 Points

I somehow stumbled upon them in the internet a few years ago, probably in the related videos right next to Reckless Love's Beautiful Bomb video.
The first song i heard was Riot In Everyone, and i gotta tell ya - IT FUCKING BLEW ME AWAY!!!!
It's got such a BADASS classic/glam metal sound!!!! That's what got me hooked on Crashdiet.

ronrocker
useravatar
3 Posts
Newcomer
5 Points

mmm...I think I found Crashdïet watching videos on Youtube... The first song I heard was Breakin' the chainz, and I was really impressed!!! So I fell in love... hahahahaha!!!

Raven Phoenix
useravatar
60 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
8 Points

I was watching a music video of Just like that by Dregen and one of the recommended videos was Circus so I watched it and couldn't stop! current/smile

karagrace99
useravatar
53 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points

I discovered Crashdiet because I was looking for another band (Hardcore Superstar) and came along the Crashdiet.

May Lepard
useravatar
82 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
3 Points

But at first I heard Crashdiet i was not very fan only after a friend of mine said he really liked that I started to hear it.

May Lepard
useravatar
82 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
3 Points

this is probably gonna sound really funny because these 2 bands are nothing alike, but i was listening to HIM on last.fm and scrobbled onto "Generation Wild" about 2 years ago and again when listening to Hardcore Superstar...it was love at first listen lol i can't go a day without listening to Crashdiet now.
they've moved up to my top 3 in favorite bands <3

"after midnight, out for blood..
let's make a big toast to world domination!"

[[my blog | youtube | twitter]]

AzzyPoizon
useravatar
2 Posts
Newcomer
51 Points
Birthday  Website 

AzzyPoizon wrote:

this is probably gonna sound really funny because these 2 bands are nothing alike, but i was listening to HIM on last.fm and scrobbled onto "Generation Wild" about 2 years ago and again when listening to Hardcore Superstar...it was love at first listen lol i can't go a day without listening to Crashdiet now.
they've moved up to my top 3 in favorite bands <3

haha current/big_smile I only found Crashdiet again because HIM is one of my favourite bands, and there was a picture of Ville wearing a Hanoi Rocks shirt, so I naturally had to check them out. So I got into Guns N Roses and Mötley and all that via Hanoi, and then found Crash in the related videos. It's not such a far cry current/big_smile

Edited by: mrs v. viper - Jun-26-14 16:18:22

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
caesar
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Chatterbox

Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
Mcinsanity: Horrible... childish... and u don't have any idea why they treated you like this?
KerLondonLepard: I really don't know but I hate my country....luckily tomorrow I will go to Castelfranco Veneto..
Mcinsanity: oh.. Enjoy then :)
KerLondonLepard: Thank you...<3 I love this blog...I feel at home
Mcinsanity: :)
KerLondonLepard: :D :D anyway! what are u doing now? :D
Mcinsanity: Listening lost horizons, maybe I shouldn't do this, it almost makes me cry... Beautiful song<3 and u?
KerLondonLepard: This song is fantastic <3 I'm chatting and watching TV :D
Mcinsanity: yes<3 :)
KerLondonLepard: <3 <3 hehe
Mcinsanity: Do you listen any other bands?
KerLondonLepard: yeah! mmm Hardcore Superstar,Sister,Hanoi Rocks,Alice Cooper,Guns N' Roses,L.A. Guns,Skid Row and other...mmm Pretty boy Floyd :D
KerLondonLepard: and u? :D
Mcinsanity: oh wow :D Reckless love, Santa cruz, Lovex, Sturm und drang...
KerLondonLepard: :D :D
Sleazoid: Goodnight everyone, have a great day where ever you all may be.
KerLondonLepard: Hey there!
madcandy: Hey :)
KerLondonLepard: hey how are u? :3
madcandy: fine ^_^ and you?
KerLondonLepard: Fine :) thanks
Mcinsanity: hey! :)
KerLondonLepard: hey :D
Mcinsanity: How are u?
KerLondonLepard: I'm fine thank you,and you? :)
Mcinsanity: annoyed... After last week holiday, school started today :(
KerLondonLepard: ohw :( poor :(
KerLondonLepard: I am waiting Peter cause I can order any stuff :)
Mcinsanity: oh, what stuff? :P (have i asked this already?)
KerLondonLepard: I am waiting that he will come back online
KerLondonLepard: hey there :)
KerLondonLepard: Hello :)
Mcinsanity: Hey! :)
KerLondonLepard: hey :D
Luana.Crow: hey.
KerLondonLepard: how are u? :)

Only registered users can chat!
Please register or login :)

Recent Forum Topics

by vilatichoslapka
Oct-29-14 10:22:44