Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Forum Rules - your opinions

Forum Rules - your opinions

So I kind of started this discussion without any particular reason a few days ago, and just out of curiosity I wanted to hear your opinions.

Do we need any rules? Which ones and for what reason(s)?

I think this is a great place and we're all sort of like a family haha. Sometimes it seems hard for new members to join the "family" though, maybe thats something to be concidered.

Let your thoughts fly!

http://www.antonahlstrom.com/

izzie
Mr Moderator
useravatar
Offline
3358 Posts
0 Points
Male  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Forum Rules - your opinions

I'll continue the discussion we had about the English rule... current/smile

I think the English rule is good, since nobody needs to feel left out of a discussion. We have the chat where we often speak Swedish until someone else pops in, then ofc we change language current/smile and I don't see that as a problem.
Buuuut I would like some rules about personal attacks about stuff that aren't relative for the discussions. Like when I recently was being called a Nazi for wanting some people to stay on topic. That’s not okay, not at all. We have something called freedom of speech, but that comes with responsibility. I had one or two things I wanted to say back to this person after this immature and unnecessary attack, but I didn’t because I’m being the bigger person. I love this forum, but if there’s anything I’d like to change with it… it’s this.


"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

Miss Obscene
CAROLINE
useravatar
Offline
2800 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Forum Rules - your opinions

izzie wrote:

Sometimes it seems hard for new members to join the "family" though, maybe thats something to be concidered.

Yes - we need to fix this somehow :S.

And yeah, maybe a set of basic rules could be a good idea. Rules in general are quite boring as you know but in this case it might help current/smile

//LONDON

Peter London plankar - det kan du också göra.www.planka.nu

peterlondon
Mr London
useravatar
Offline
1810 Posts
91 Points
Male  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Forum Rules - your opinions

I think of few basic rules, just like Peter mentioned. Something like:

1. Do not offend anyone.
2. Do not post illegal stuff.
3. Do not post under your own message within an hour/the same day (use "Edit" function).
4. Search before creating a new topic.

Just few that came to my mind, you get my point current/smile.

http://imageshack.com/a/img12/1289/hrix.jpg

Marmetal
Martin Krüsh
useravatar
Offline
3140 Posts
Captain Of The Team
328 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Forum Rules - your opinions

Marmetal wrote:

I think of few basic rules, just like Peter mentioned. Something like:

3. Do not post under your own message within an hour/the same day (use "Edit" function).

Well, I think within the hour is a bit harsh current/smile ofc you can post several things within the hour, but not three posts after each other. If no one has written after you, then you should use the Edit function. Otherwise, good rules current/smile


"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

Miss Obscene
CAROLINE
useravatar
Offline
2800 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Forum Rules - your opinions

Miss Obscene wrote:

Marmetal wrote:

I think of few basic rules, just like Peter mentioned. Something like:

3. Do not post under your own message within an hour/the same day (use "Edit" function).

Well, I think within the hour is a bit harsh current/smile ofc you can post several things within the hour, but not three posts after each other. If no one has written after you, then you should use the Edit function. Otherwise, good rules current/smile

Yes I meant writing in the same topic after your own post instead of editing your message, maybe I haven't explained it too well current/smile.

http://imageshack.com/a/img12/1289/hrix.jpg

Marmetal
Martin Krüsh
useravatar
Offline
3140 Posts
Captain Of The Team
328 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Forum Rules - your opinions

Marmetal wrote:

Miss Obscene wrote:

Marmetal wrote:

I think of few basic rules, just like Peter mentioned. Something like:

3. Do not post under your own message within an hour/the same day (use "Edit" function).

Well, I think within the hour is a bit harsh current/smile ofc you can post several things within the hour, but not three posts after each other. If no one has written after you, then you should use the Edit function. Otherwise, good rules current/smile

Yes I meant writing in the same topic after your own post instead of editing your message, maybe I haven't explained it too well current/smile.

I understand current/smile


"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

Miss Obscene
CAROLINE
useravatar
Offline
2800 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Forum Rules - your opinions

Marmetal wrote:

2. Do not post illegal stuff.

Does that mean we won't see any more pictures of Izzie's fish Olof in ice?  current/sad

joey_baccardï
JOEY BACCARDÏ
useravatar
Offline
2369 Posts
Captain Of The Team
3 Points
Male  Birthday 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Forum Rules - your opinions

joey_baccardï wrote:

Marmetal wrote:

2. Do not post illegal stuff.

Does that mean we won't see any more pictures of Izzie's fish Olof in ice?  current/sad

haha current/lol

Marmetal wrote:

I think of few basic rules, just like Peter mentioned. Something like:

1. Do not offend anyone.
2. Do not post illegal stuff.
3. Do not post under your own message within an hour/the same day (use "Edit" function).
4. Search before creating a new topic.

Just few that came to my mind, you get my point current/smile.

yeah I think these rules are good!

you're north of heaven
maybe somewhere west of hell

> Twitter
> Last.fm

Sandy Sikk
Maniac Messiah
useravatar
Offline
3097 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Forum Rules - your opinions

So far, I find those two the most relevant ones :

1. Be nice and do not offend anyone.
2. Search before creating a new topic

And we could of course have something like

3. Try using "Edit" instead of replying to your own posts.

But is it really a big issue? I mean, does it happen alot?

About posting illegal stuff - it is'nt really an issue here either, right? Izzie probably knows best, hehe.

//LONDON

Peter London plankar - det kan du också göra.www.planka.nu

peterlondon
Mr London
useravatar
Offline
1810 Posts
91 Points
Male  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Forum Rules - your opinions

peterlondon wrote:


3. Try using "Edit" instead of replying to your own posts.

But is it really a big issue? I mean, does it happen alot?

//LONDON

This was something I did a couple of times as a new member here and everyone was on my case about is constantly. Pretty unnecessary since I don't think it's a big deal, as you say. And I just did it a few times.
I think this is part of the problem with newcomers also... they get jumped on for every little thing that really isn't a big deal. I have no problem with changing my way of writing on this forum, as long as people ask me in a nice way.

So as long as everyone can inform people on our 'silent rules' in a good way, I don't think we really need this...


"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

Miss Obscene
CAROLINE
useravatar
Offline
2800 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Forum Rules - your opinions

Miss Obscene wrote:

Like when I recently was being called a Nazi for wanting some people to stay on topic. That’s not okay, not at all. We have something called freedom of speech, but that comes with responsibility.

You wasn't called a NAZI because the person thought your a NAZI it was simply because the fact that you were like a smart ass and just placed the off topic button, but I think the main reason was that Randee is in this forum for about 5 years and it just pissed her off that you whos only a year active here, told her what to do. But honestly if that really offend you, than goodnight...
look if somebody would call me a NAZI for a reason, I could fell offended coz I'm german.

Next point if you want a swedish forum, create one. But if you change this one or dont talk english anymore, Ill quit. And I think it wouldnt be very helpful in case of "taking over the world" and gettin new fans.

Next point new fans. I totally disagree with Peter here. Yes we are a kind of "family", but it takes some time until you take a new user serious here. And I honestly could vomit when I see a guy who has one post and is regarding a demo like "Viktor Viktoria". When I joined this forum I wanted to give something at first, to make myself friends here. (you all can easily check my first post) But some of the new user just want stuff, and I'm missing a bit of respect sometimes. Therefore I wouldnt make it them easier to join the community, it will all happen if they act appropiate.

But sure Peter I understand you, I would act the same with my band, who could you do different anyway.?

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

P. fizzy Suxx
Mister Downbone
useravatar
Offline
3685 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Forum Rules - your opinions

P. fizzy Suxx wrote:

Yes we are a kind of "family", but it takes some time until you take a new user serious here. And I honestly could vomit when I see a guy who has one post and is regarding a demo like "Viktor Viktoria". When I joined this forum I wanted to give something at first, to make myself friends here. (you all can easily check my first post) But some of the new user just want stuff.

I totally get you man.

joey_baccardï
JOEY BACCARDÏ
useravatar
Offline
2369 Posts
Captain Of The Team
3 Points
Male  Birthday 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Forum Rules - your opinions

P. fizzy Suxx wrote:

Miss Obscene wrote:

Like when I recently was being called a Nazi for wanting some people to stay on topic. That’s not okay, not at all. We have something called freedom of speech, but that comes with responsibility.

You wasn't called a NAZI because the person thought your a NAZI it was simply because the fact that you were like a smart ass and just placed the off topic button, but I think the main reason was that Randee is in this forum for about 5 years and it just pissed her off that you whos only a year active here, told her what to do. But honestly if that really offend you, than goodnight...
look if somebody would call me a NAZI for a reason, I could fell offended coz I'm german.

Next point if you want a swedish forum, create one. But if you change this one or dont talk english anymore, Ill quit. And I think it wouldnt be very helpful in case of "taking over the world" and gettin new fans.

I really don't feel I need to add something here. I think you have just proven my point Fizzy. The lack of respect you have for people is really sad and I've stopped talking to you because of this. I'm just happy to be a part of this forum because I have gotten so many amazing friends through it. Not to mention the love and respect I have for Crashdïet. I'm a fan just as you and that can't be measured in how long I've been a member on this site.


"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

Miss Obscene
CAROLINE
useravatar
Offline
2800 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Forum Rules - your opinions

Miss Obscene wrote:

P. fizzy Suxx wrote:

Miss Obscene wrote:

Like when I recently was being called a Nazi for wanting some people to stay on topic. That’s not okay, not at all. We have something called freedom of speech, but that comes with responsibility.

You wasn't called a NAZI because the person thought your a NAZI it was simply because the fact that you were like a smart ass and just placed the off topic button, but I think the main reason was that Randee is in this forum for about 5 years and it just pissed her off that you whos only a year active here, told her what to do. But honestly if that really offend you, than goodnight...
look if somebody would call me a NAZI for a reason, I could fell offended coz I'm german.

Next point if you want a swedish forum, create one. But if you change this one or dont talk english anymore, Ill quit. And I think it wouldnt be very helpful in case of "taking over the world" and gettin new fans.

I really don't feel I need to add something here. I think you have just proven my point Fizzy. The lack of respect you have for people is really sad and I've stopped talking to you because of this. I'm just happy to be a part of this forum because I have gotten so many amazing friends through it. Not to mention the love and respect I have for Crashdïet. I'm a fan just as you and that can't be measured in how long I've been a member on this site.

I dont like you too. I'm honestly glad you said it at first, so I dont need to make myself a "bad guy" again.

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

P. fizzy Suxx
Mister Downbone
useravatar
Offline
3685 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Forum Rules - your opinions

P. fizzy Suxx wrote:


I dont like you too. I'm honestly glad you said it at first, so I dont need to make myself a "bad guy" again.

But that's not my point. My point is that we should be able to atleast be respectful to each other. I tried my best when I was new on this site to be friendly to you, but you brushed me off like I was some piece of trash. That's what I don't get. I hadn't even done anything!

This is what I mean about new people not feeling welcome...


"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

Miss Obscene
CAROLINE
useravatar
Offline
2800 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Forum Rules - your opinions

Miss Obscene wrote:

P. fizzy Suxx wrote:


I dont like you too. I'm honestly glad you said it at first, so I dont need to make myself a "bad guy" again.

But that's not my point. My point is that we should be able to atleast be respectful to each other. I tried my best when I was new on this site to be friendly to you, but you brushed me off like I was some piece of trash. That's what I don't get. I hadn't even done anything!

This is what I mean about new people not feeling welcome...

Then please give me an example

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

P. fizzy Suxx
Mister Downbone
useravatar
Offline
3685 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Forum Rules - your opinions

P. fizzy Suxx wrote:

Miss Obscene wrote:

P. fizzy Suxx wrote:


I dont like you too. I'm honestly glad you said it at first, so I dont need to make myself a "bad guy" again.

But that's not my point. My point is that we should be able to atleast be respectful to each other. I tried my best when I was new on this site to be friendly to you, but you brushed me off like I was some piece of trash. That's what I don't get. I hadn't even done anything!

This is what I mean about new people not feeling welcome...

Then please give me an example

Sorry, not gonna waste my time on something I know wont help a bit. You've made up your mind a long time ago and I can only feel sorry for you since you think it's okay to act like this.

Now let's get on topic again. (yeah I'm being a Nazi again)


"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

Miss Obscene
CAROLINE
useravatar
Offline
2800 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Forum Rules - your opinions

Miss Obscene wrote:

P. fizzy Suxx wrote:

Miss Obscene wrote:

P. fizzy Suxx wrote:


I dont like you too. I'm honestly glad you said it at first, so I dont need to make myself a "bad guy" again.

But that's not my point. My point is that we should be able to atleast be respectful to each other. I tried my best when I was new on this site to be friendly to you, but you brushed me off like I was some piece of trash. That's what I don't get. I hadn't even done anything!

This is what I mean about new people not feeling welcome...

Then please give me an example

Sorry, not gonna waste my time on something I know wont help a bit. You've made up your mind a long time ago and I can only feel sorry for you since you think it's okay to act like this.

Now let's get on topic again. (yeah I'm being a Nazi again)

No your not, your acting more like a stubborn crossed girl, which can't prove her point with arguments.

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

P. fizzy Suxx
Mister Downbone
useravatar
Offline
3685 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Forum Rules - your opinions

No, I'm acting as someone who's had enough after a whole year. One of the most important things I've learned in life is to not put energy on things that drains more than it gives. That's all there is. I'm tired of feeling like I have to defend everything I do to you.


"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

Miss Obscene
CAROLINE
useravatar
Offline
2800 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats
 
Total Topics:
4010
Total Polls:
71
Total Posts:
153209
Posts today:
1
User Info
 
Total Users:
10317
Newest User:
caesar
Members Online:
1
Guests Online:
56

Online: 
Sleazoid

Chatterbox

Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
Mcinsanity: oh.. Enjoy then :)
KerLondonLepard: Thank you...<3 I love this blog...I feel at home
Mcinsanity: :)
KerLondonLepard: :D :D anyway! what are u doing now? :D
Mcinsanity: Listening lost horizons, maybe I shouldn't do this, it almost makes me cry... Beautiful song<3 and u?
KerLondonLepard: This song is fantastic <3 I'm chatting and watching TV :D
Mcinsanity: yes<3 :)
KerLondonLepard: <3 <3 hehe
Mcinsanity: Do you listen any other bands?
KerLondonLepard: yeah! mmm Hardcore Superstar,Sister,Hanoi Rocks,Alice Cooper,Guns N' Roses,L.A. Guns,Skid Row and other...mmm Pretty boy Floyd :D
KerLondonLepard: and u? :D
Mcinsanity: oh wow :D Reckless love, Santa cruz, Lovex, Sturm und drang...
KerLondonLepard: :D :D
Sleazoid: Goodnight everyone, have a great day where ever you all may be.
KerLondonLepard: Hey there!
madcandy: Hey :)
KerLondonLepard: hey how are u? :3
madcandy: fine ^_^ and you?
KerLondonLepard: Fine :) thanks
Mcinsanity: hey! :)
KerLondonLepard: hey :D
Mcinsanity: How are u?
KerLondonLepard: I'm fine thank you,and you? :)
Mcinsanity: annoyed... After last week holiday, school started today :(
KerLondonLepard: ohw :( poor :(
KerLondonLepard: I am waiting Peter cause I can order any stuff :)
Mcinsanity: oh, what stuff? :P (have i asked this already?)
KerLondonLepard: I am waiting that he will come back online
KerLondonLepard: hey there :)
KerLondonLepard: Hello :)
Mcinsanity: Hey! :)
KerLondonLepard: hey :D
Luana.Crow: hey.
KerLondonLepard: how are u? :)
Mcinsanity: Hey! :) Are u guys going to buy something in Online store this weekend? :) I really want to order one shirt
Sleazoid: Sale has already started right? I have already bought some stuff :D
I wish some of the old back catalog of apparel was made available soon though (sale or no sale)

Only registered users can chat!
Please register or login :)

Recent Forum Topics

by Marmetal
Yesterday 15:49:15
by vilatichoslapka
Oct-29-14 10:22:44
by Kraljosovina
Oct-18-14 23:33:24
by miszczurek
Oct-13-14 14:35:45
by Sleazoid
Oct-12-14 04:55:08