Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

NEW ALBUM 2012

Re: NEW ALBUM 2012

joey_baccardï wrote:

What I really liked on GW is that the band showed may different sides of themselves.
GW had ballads like Save Her and Beautiful Pain, Blues influated Native Nature, More aggresive raw rock n' roll like Rebel, Disco-reminding Chemical etc. I think it's gonna be hard to follow up an album that shows so many different sides.

Yep, it's a great mix indeed. Maybe they sort of tested out what suits them best especially live wise. Guess we'll have to wait and see or rather hear which direction the guys are finally going to choose. Whatever the outcome, they won't make a 100 degree turn or anything drastic like that I'm sure.

I am what I am - go live with it

Psychobunny
The One and Only
useravatar
550 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
23 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

I think GW was really good and they have really evolved with GW since TUR, no doubt. Think they can keep doing that. Thou I wanna see a little rawer sound, a little more Native and Rebel and a little less Armageddon!

Sleaz
useravatar
220 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Birthday 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Psychobunny wrote:

Hm, I'm not a musican myself but I think they should do what they like to do in the first place and not what we want them to do. I mean of course the fans are important but it's their music which means it represents the bands thoughts and feelings which makes the whole thing more or less unique (as it should be). If they just do what the majority of their fans want to hear it'll become commercial pablum sooner or later and then everybody will complain about THAT. Anyway, just my humble opinion *G* But whatever the  guys will come up with I'm sure it's going to rock.

Oh and Down With The Dust is actually one of my fav songs  current/tongue

nothing to say..you're right current/wink)

*We cannot see the stars without the darkness*

Kayna
Lost soul
useravatar
31 Posts
Newcomer
0 Points

I can't wait for the new record.
and lets add Australia onto the support tour ;P

A Crashdietian from Australia.

Jesse James
useravatar
212 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

joey_baccardï wrote:

it's one of those samples from 2009/2010.

which one ?

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

GunsNCrüeSWE
I am of my father the devil...
useravatar
1227 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
6 Points
Male  Website 

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote:

joey_baccardï wrote:

it's one of those samples from 2009/2010.

which one ?

the first one. and the second one is what is called "don't stop me now" by fans although there are hints it could also be called The Cultt. the one that is probably my favourite of all the Simon line up songs allthough I only know those few seconds The one I'd really really really really (you get the point) want to be on the album.

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5235 Posts
71 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

I think it's wrong to say "They should sound more like XXX". To sound like someone else doesn't make a band great, but to go ahead, to lead the sound in a new direction does. Do I hope they'll land in their own sound and style and develop it, now when they have a steady lineup. If anything, that will make them big. Of course it should stay in the glam-punk/sleaze style to stir my feelings, but that's a wide scale of music, and they could well be leading this new wave of the style.

New novel: "Ghosts, Drugs & rock n'Roll". About rock, sudden death, ghosts and a story from the past that repeats itself. Lizbeth Hellman about it: "Oh God, it's a lot like David's life too!" Get it at www.zorf.se (Swe, Engl & French) and support it for me at facbook.com/Zorf.se (Swe, Eng). The novel is in Swedish, but I'm looking for an agent and translator to English.

Anna Gable
useravatar
313 Posts
0 Points
Female  Website 

@Mrs Viper
I also believe it's called The Cult...
I'm not a tooooootal n00b! Oh wait..yes i am

Let the light bless and

GunsNCrüeSWE
useravatar
1227 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
6 Points
Male  Website 

WOW COOL A NEW RECORD AND SOME DVD'S WOULD RULE AND ONE'S THAT PLAY IN THE U.S.A. WARE I LIVE !, SEE YA , ALZ

alz
PARTY ANIMAL
useravatar
107 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
64 Points
Female  Website 

From the moment I've read that article where Martin hinted at a new album early next year I'm completely psyched! current/big_smile
Whatever sound they choose to keep or to evolve into I know that I'll like it, although I hope it'll be something akin to Generation wild which as someone here pointed out is a lovely mesh of so many different styles together! Personally I'd prefer more songs like Native Nature and Armageddon! current/smile

And if you feel that you can't go on. And your will's sinkin' low
Just believe and you can't go wrong.
In the light you will find the road.

winwin1009
Resident Cynic..
useravatar
237 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Female  Birthday 

winwin1009 wrote:

From the moment I've read that article where Martin hinted at a new album early next year I'm completely psyched! current/big_smile
Whatever sound they choose to keep or to evolve into I know that I'll like it, although I hope it'll be something akin to Generation wild which as someone here pointed out is a lovely mesh of so many different styles together! Personally I'd prefer more songs like Native Nature and Armageddon! current/smile

well would you still like it if they go techno with their next release? just think about it

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

P. fizzy Suxx
Mister Downbone
useravatar
3685 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

P. fizzy Suxx wrote:

well would you still like it if they go techno with their next release? just think about it

I'm pretty damn sure THAT is never going to happen. They do have better taste in music I dare say

Psychobunny
The One and Only
useravatar
550 Posts
23 Points

P. fizzy Suxx wrote:

winwin1009 wrote:

Techno!!!??  Blasphemy!!current/tongue
No I think that they won't deviate that drastically from their current sound. current/smile

winwin1009
Resident Cynic..
useravatar
237 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Female  Birthday 

yeah I know current/tongue

I jsut wanted to point out that you can never predict the future, you cant say for sure that you will love their next release because you dont know what it will sound like

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

P. fizzy Suxx
Mister Downbone
useravatar
3685 Posts
Captain Of The Team
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Ok, that's true but still... what you came up with sounds like a nightmare worse than anything even Lovecraft ever imagined... Techno... *shudder*

Psychobunny
The One and Only
useravatar
550 Posts
23 Points

hehehe....I know, I know...but I have a very wide tolerance level when it comes to bands that I love! current/smile
Although if they release something hip/hop or rap based then I don't think I'll like it... current/tongue I just can't stand those 2 genres and it seems as if the music scene around the world is dominated by those two right now! techno's more tolerable for me, but that's when I'm very very high! current/tongue

winwin1009
Resident Cynic..
useravatar
237 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Female  Birthday 

well they do like Lady gaga. Thats as worse as you can go with taste already in my opinion current/tongue so maybe I wouldn't be to sure haha

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5235 Posts
71 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

?
Lady Gaga has great hooks in her songs and is good at business shit ?
Compare her to Justin Bieber!

Let the light bless and

GunsNCrüeSWE
useravatar
1227 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
6 Points
Male  Website 

mrs v. viper wrote:

well they do like Lady gaga. Thats as worse as you can go with taste already in my opinion current/tongue so maybe I wouldn't be to sure haha

Doesn't necessarily mean they like her music as well *cough*

Psychobunny
The One and Only
useravatar
550 Posts
23 Points

Well I appreaciate what she does. all the visual stuff etc. although with many things people say about her that is supposed to be new I think Madonna did the same. But for her music I really can't listen to the vast majority of it. Even if I think she's got nice lyrics now and then. but for exemple poker face is one of the most annoying pop songs on the radio for quite a while imo. Born this way again is allright.

@bunny: well buying her cds is a hint don't you think?

EDIT: and I can't compare gaga to Bieber because I honestly never heard a song from him. Or maybe i did but I don't know it then.

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5235 Posts
71 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
timowe
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Chatterbox

Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
Mcinsanity: klock is so much, and i have school tomorrow :( Tomorrow i think i can talk little bit later.. and Peter I hope you 'll figure everything out :) Good night everyone!
Mcinsanity: clock* :D
KerLondonLepard: Good Night my friend :D
Legion: I can't post again..
FrilansReklam: test the chatt hi all
Bootyplank: WOOT WHAT IS THIS
FrilansReklam: hi again
KerLondonLepard: Hello :)
Carl Tap: hi
KerLondonLepard: Hi! :)
Mcinsanity: Hi! :)
Mcinsanity: I ordered shirt in M-size ;)
KerLondonLepard: Great! :D
stinger: Hello :)
Mcinsanity: hey! :)
KerLondonLepard: hey :)
Mcinsanity: How are you everyone? :)
KerLondonLepard: I'm fine now! :D thanks and u?
Mcinsanity: I'm fine :)
KerLondonLepard: :D
KerLondonLepard: Anyone there? :)
thaisaltessor: Hi !!
KerLondonLepard: Hey! how are u? :)
thaisaltessor: I'm fine thanks :D what about you?
KerLondonLepard: I'm fine thank you :D
thaisaltessor: Where are you from?
KerLondonLepard: Italy! My name is Sara,nice to meet u :) and u? Where are u from? :D
thaisaltessor: Nice, I would like to meet Italy *-* I'm from Brazil! My name is Thais, nice to meet you too sara :D
KerLondonLepard: :D Nice Brazil :) I'd like to visit :)
thaisaltessor: Cool! I loved your tattoo to peter ♥
KerLondonLepard: Ohhh! Thank you so much ♥ ♥ ♥
Mcinsanity: hey! :)
KerLondonLepard: hey :)
KerLondonLepard: Hello :)
Judd: hi!!
KerLondonLepard: How are u? :)

Only registered users can chat!
Please register or login :)

Recent Forum Topics

by AzzyPoizon
Today 05:19:36