Forgot password? | Forgot username?

The VINYL thread

The VINYL thread

As discussed in another thread, we need a thread to discuss the good old music medium of vinyl... so here it is!

After lying dormant in basements and 2nd hand stores for many years, vinyl has made somewhat of a comeback. Hell... we're even about to see Generation Wild on vinyl. Who would have ever thought.

Post pix of your vinyl, discuss vinyl, ask questions... whatever you want. No strict format.. aslong as it relates to vinyl post it here.

I'll start the ball rolling with one of my favouite ever pieces of vinyl - a 7" single from Aussie sleaze merchants THE CANDY HARLOTS. These guys would have made guns n roses seem like pussies, Poison's parties seem like church services, and could have put their drug consumption up alonside aerosmith. They were everything your mother told you to stay away from... but the music was incredible.

This 7" was released before the badn were signed to a major label, and features their original vocalist Mark Easton (who incidentally left the band as soon as they were signed and were about to release thier debut album).

What else would a bands of this nature use as their sleeve for their vinyl but a pair of womens underwear with the bands name blazened across the front. Complete in red vinyl... you can see why this is one of my all time favourites.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/glam77/cds/P1080133.jpg

The band eventually got a new singer, released an album on virgin (titled Five Wicked Ways), but the maigc was happeing back when this single was released.

Here they are before the record labels got ahold of them...

glam_junkie
is cooler than you!
useravatar
984 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
802 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: The VINYL thread

I grew up with vinyl so I had quite a collection then. But due to not having a player anymore I sold most of the stuff years ago, keeping just my (incomplete) KISS collection and a few others:

Y&T - Black Tiger
The Almighty - Blood Fire and Love
Ozzy Osbourne - No Rest For The Wicked
Whitesnake - Slide It In
Whitesnake - Love Hunter
Mötley Crüe - Too Fast For Love
Mötley Crüe - Girls Girls Girls
Guns n Roses - Lies

KISS:
Best of Solo Albums
Solo Gene
Solo Paul
Solo Peter
Solo Ace
Hotter Than Hell
Alive
Dressed To Kill
Destroyer
Rock N Roll Over
Love Gun
Alive II
Double Platinum
Dynasty
Unmasked
The Elder
Killers
Creatures Of The Night
Lick It Up
Animalize
Asylum
Crazy Nights
Hot In The Shade

Puh, good thing I found my list as all the stuff is stashed away in the basement and I'm way too lazy to unpack them and take pics  current/tongue

Also have the Deathstars Blitzkrieg picture single which is not stored away in the basement *G* Ah - I knew there were pics somewhere...

http://pics.livejournal.com/schnuffi/pic/000p3qdb

http://pics.livejournal.com/schnuffi/pic/000p4c0r

Now waiting for November and the new Crashdiet LP. Which will of course NOT be stored in the basement!

I am what I am - go live with it

Psychobunny
The One and Only
useravatar
550 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
94 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

I love it but I hate having to fork out the money all the time to buy records. I usually order new/recent records online though occasionally i buy from second hand shops. The last record i got was Creedence Clearwater Revival's 'Willy And the Poor Boys' (second hand).

Actually, earlier today i made an order for Fields of the Nephilim's 'Elizium' LP on Amazon, and next week i'm going to have to make a massive order for some new 12"s and 7"s by The Devil's Blood (great psychedelic/soul rock). 

The last record i received from an order was All Pigs Must Die's 'God Is War' (metallic hardcore/crust) last month straight from their label, but what pissed me off was that the package was dented (probably dropped) and so the heavy card jacket was as well. Luckily the record wasn't damaged (and clear vinyl looks awesome!)
http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/img/members/2744/07092011094.jpg

dsv218
+
useravatar
302 Posts
0 Points
Male  Website 

I'm a true 90's born kid, so I buy CDs. preferably in amazing special editions and such current/big_smile although that always breaks doen on money.I just started like that and can't bring up the energy to change my collecting behaviour.
Also, I'm a bit of a sound freak, and like to have my stuff sound clean. As things go, my guy collects vinyls and has a super good player that actually makes difference in the sound. He's a 70s rock fan tho so its all slade and rollings stones kinda stuff.. and AC/DC thats laying around here.

I absolutely love vinyls for their bigger artwork tho. LOVE. still the only ones I really own mysel is Michael Monroes not fakin it, Skid Row's slave to the grind and AC/DC Black Ice. and soon GW of course.

Sadly that player + rest of high end sound system will soon leave the house :'(

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5227 Posts
1447 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

dsv218 wrote:

but what pissed me off was that the package was dented (probably dropped) and so the heavy card jacket was as well. Luckily the record wasn't damaged (and clear vinyl looks awesome!)

shipping would definitely have to be the worst thing regarding vinyl. It costs enough to buy and ship as it is, that the worst thing is when it arrives damaged.

i have sleeves bent and twisted, i had a record snap (a very pricey record that i managed to pick up at a bargain price). I can't believe when people try to ship a record in an envelope!!!!

usually when there is some new vinyl out that i am insterested in, i ask as few friends if they are intersted too and we get it shipped together. usally helps with both the posatge price ....and 3 get better protected than 1. we did this with the new crashdiet.

i always get nervous when i open a record that has arrived in the mail cos you never know what you will find inside.

glam_junkie
is cooler than you!
useravatar
984 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
802 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

My Collection is quite small well its 2 soon to be 3 when i get Generation Wild
i have :  Octahedron - The Mars Volta (on White vinyl)  and Dimmu Borgir - Abrahadabra (the Special edition with bonus Orchestral versions of the songs)
but i plan on claiming my dads collection which includes various LP's from artists like  KISS, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper... ect

"I think the main thing is the fuckin' attitude, if ya ain't got it and don't think your the coolest walkin' creature on earth, how would you then persuade people to dig your wicked act of art."- Dave Lepard R.I.S.

Genital Grinder
Mr. Grinder
useravatar
250 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
53 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

I've been collecting for three years now, last time I counted I had near 200 records. Most of them are from 80ths metal/rock scene, and the rest is older stuff from the 70ths. Only have a couple of new vinyls, like Mustasch - "The new sound of the true best", Wasp - "Babylon" (How cool isnt that cover...), soon to be released HCSS "The party aint over til we say so" and Crasdiets "Generation Wild". The only "rare" edition of a record I own is the "kamikaze  yellow vinyl" (translucent) from Cheap Tricks "Live at budokan". Im at vacation right now, so dont have any pictures, so thats all for now.

emilio
useravatar
165 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Website 

glam_junkie wrote:

shipping would definitely have to be the worst thing regarding vinyl. It costs enough to buy and ship as it is, that the worst thing is when it arrives damaged.

i have sleeves bent and twisted, i had a record snap (a very pricey record that i managed to pick up at a bargain price). I can't believe when people try to ship a record in an envelope!!!!

usually when there is some new vinyl out that i am insterested in, i ask as few friends if they are intersted too and we get it shipped together. usally helps with both the posatge price ....and 3 get better protected than 1. we did this with the new crashdiet.

i always get nervous when i open a record that has arrived in the mail cos you never know what you will find inside.

Yeah it's quite a gamble. I ordered a 7" from the band Turbowolf a month or two ago which they sent in an envelope but at least had the sense to put a thick piece of card board inside as well.

Anyway this should be interesting for any vinyl lovers.

dsv218
+
useravatar
302 Posts
0 Points
Male  Website 

We have a couple of em' but i don't remember everyone... Here's a couple of them thou

Mötley Crue - Theatre of Pain
Mötley Crue - Girls Girls Girls
Mötley Crue - Without you (single)
Skid Row - Skid Row
Guns N' Roses - Appetite for destruction
Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Alice Cooper - Killer
Red Hot Chili Peppers (don't remember which album)
Twisted Sister (don't remember which album either....)

I'm gonna check out which everyone is today (:

Sleaz
useravatar
220 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Birthday 

I love vinyls! I haven't got anything that rare.
Well Black Veil Brides - Set The World On Fire,Ghost - Opus Eponymous and Mötley Crüe - Too Fast For Love(Japan).

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

GunsNCrüeSWE
I am of my father the devil...
useravatar
1216 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
1098 Points
Male  Website 

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote:

Well Black Veil Brides - Set The World On Fire....

I'm going to be honest here, i lost a bit of respect for you... current/tongue
But then

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote:

Ghost - Opus Eponymous and Mötley Crüe - Too Fast For Love(Japan)

kind of makes up for it. Not that any of this means anything haha.

I just got my copy of Elizium by Fields of the Nephilim in the mail today which is amazing.

dsv218
+
useravatar
302 Posts
0 Points
Male  Website 

Me and my  dad used   to have  a big  Bon Jovi vinyl collection, but it was  destroyed  when  our neighbours flooded  our flat current/sad  So I have to start over.  just  found  Slippery when wet(original) and New Jersey (made in USSR)... it's not so easy to find vinyl in my little town  but I am not giving up!

"Born to die free..." (c)
http://s017.radikal.ru/i403/1110/a5/112f8bf7522d.gif

Lexxi_Crash
XTC Overdrive
useravatar
131 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Female  Birthday 

Lexxi_Crash wrote:

Me and my  dad used   to have  a big  Bon Jovi vinyl collection, but it was  destroyed  when  our neighbours flooded  our flat current/sad  So I have to start over.  just  found  Slippery when wet(original) and New Jersey (made in USSR)... it's not so easy to find vinyl in my little town  but I am not giving up!

if there is any particualr bon jovi items you are after just let me know via PM as I have lots n lots n lots of bon jovi stuff.

glam_junkie
is cooler than you!
useravatar
984 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
802 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

glam_junkie,
thanks so much!

Lexxi_Crash
XTC Overdrive
useravatar
131 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Female  Birthday 

@Dsv218
Dude BVB is cool. Some nice core music. But i used to hate 'em.
Well i posted my vinyl list in the Record Collection thread but i'll post it again.
Alice Cooper - Hey Stoopid
Aerosmith - Rocks
Aerosmith - Aerosmith
Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic
Aerosmith - Night In The Ruts
Aerosmith - Draw The Line
Anthrax - I'm The Man(Maxi singel)
Black Veil Brides - Set The World On Fire
Bon Jovi - 7800 Fahrenheit
Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet
Beatles - For Sale
Dokken - Back For The Attack
Def Leppard - Hysteria
Def Leppard - Pyromania
Def Leppard - On Through The Night
Elton John - Greatest Hits
Europe - The Final Countdown
Europe - Out Of This World
Europe - The Final Countdown(singel)
Elvis Presley – Moody Blue
Elvis Presley – 50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can’t Be Wrong
Faster Pussycat - Faster Pussycat
Guns N' Roses - Don't Cry(singel)
Guns N' Roses - Paradice City(single)
Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction(Ocensurerat Omslag)
Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction
Guns N' Roses - GN'R Lies
Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion I
Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion II
Guns N’ Roses - You could Be Mine
Ghost - Opus Eponymous
Iron Maiden - Live Special EP
Joan Jett – I Love Rock N’ Roll
Judas Priest - Killing Machine
Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance
King Kobra - Thrill Of A Lifetime
King Kobra - Never Say Die
Kiss – Lick It Up
Mr Big. – To Be With You(singel)
Midnight Oil – Diesel And Dust
Mötley Crüe – Shout At The Devil
Mötley Crüe – Too Fast For Love(Japan press)
Mötley Crüe – Theatre Of Pain
Opus – Live In Life
Opus – Up And Down
Phil Collins - …But Seriously
Ratt – Invasion Of Your Privacy
Scorpions – Blackout
Skid Row – Youth Gone Wild(single)
Saxon – The Eagle Has Landed
Saxon – Power & The Glory
ZZ Top – Eliminator
ZZ Top - Afterburner

Not that much. And i hate that my collection doesn't represente my music taste. Needs way moore extreme metal. But all of those 90's vinyls costs so much. But the reason is probably coz' that during the 90's the CD was way more popular so the bands didn't press as many vinyls as CDs so the extreme metal vinyls form the 90's are very expensive and hard to find.

Let the light bless and

GunsNCrüeSWE
useravatar
1216 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
1098 Points
Male  Website 

Just bought Holocaust - The Nightcomers and Judas Priest - Stained Class for 130 SEK current/big_smile Both of the albums are first press. I payed 100 SEK for the holocaust record. And 30 SEK for the Priest one! 30 SEK for a first press! And both of the vinyls are in really good condition!

Let the light bless and

GunsNCrüeSWE
useravatar
1216 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
1098 Points
Male  Website 

Holocaust, I'm glad someone else knows 'em here! Cheers current/wink. It's a great album by the way, their best current/smile.

http://imageshack.com/a/img12/1289/hrix.jpg

Marmetal
Martin Krüsh
useravatar
3112 Posts
Captain Of The Team
1734 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Got a copy of a Ebba Grön (swedish punkband) vinyl the other day, kinda cool. Dont remember what album it was thou.

And i'm thinking of ordering a vinyl version of Avenged Sevenfolds Nightmare.

Sleaz
useravatar
220 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Birthday 

Sisters Hated is coming on vinyl soon! You can pre-order it here! http://www.deadlight.fr/

Let the light bless and

GunsNCrüeSWE
useravatar
1216 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
1098 Points
Male  Website 

Happy coz I managed  to get Black Sabbath and Rainbow   vinyl  just for a very lil price... Literally i got them for free

Lexxi_Crash
XTC Overdrive
useravatar
131 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Female  Birthday 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
majjema
Members Online: