Forgot password? | Forgot username?

Steel Panther

Steel Panther

I found a thread about them from like 2008, so I figured it would be ok to start a new one : p

Any fans of them here? Did anyone see them on the tour they are on now?
I'm almost sure most people have heard about them, but for those who havent, they are a glam metal band from LA. Started up as Metal Shop, then changed name to Metal Skool. They started doing covers of 80s glam songs, and held weekly shows. But after some time they started doing own songs, and released the album Hole Patrol, under both names (first Metal Shop and then Metal Skool.) After that they changed their name again to Steel Panther, and released Feel the Steel, with some of the songs from Hole Patrol. In october 2011 they released Balls Out.

I'm a huge fan, and kinda stalker. I've seen them three times, they are a really really good live band. Plus, they are really funny so the concert is 80% concert and 20% comedy, haha.  A big plus, they are really fan friendly.

i would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey.

Sheila
grevling
useravatar
3113 Posts
Captain Of The Team
2135 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Steel Panther

Really can't stand them...

http://www.antonahlstrom.com/

izzie
Mr Moderator
useravatar
3351 Posts
1005 Points
Male  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

I "really really really love them" current/tongue  Going to see them at sweden rock festival this summer and like you said, i also think they are really funny, both lyrically and with their live performances current/smile

crizzy218
Christoffer Jakobsson
useravatar
102 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Male 

izzie wrote:

Really can't stand them...

I save all my hate for bands for Kissin' Dynamite, but yeah...
they ight be good musicians and entertainers, and the songs might be well made. I guess I can even happily sing along with fuck all night party all day or whatever the songs called when I'm drunk, but otherwise they have nothing I love about music.

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5227 Posts
1447 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

I think they're hilarious! current/big_smile

Entertainment for sure. Definitely gonna see them live sometime current/smile

AXL - STEVEN - IZZY - DUFF - SLASH  --- In Memory Of Guns N' Roses

Kraljosovina
Happy Go Lucky Me :D
useravatar
1410 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
199 Points
Birthday  Website 

Got my mom  and dad hooked up on them current/smile working on my bro current/big_smile

"Born to die free..." (c)
http://s017.radikal.ru/i403/1110/a5/112f8bf7522d.gif

Lexxi_Crash
XTC Overdrive
useravatar
131 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Female  Birthday 

I saw them several times: in London with Motley Crue & Def Leppard, during the Hellfest last year and when they come in Antwerp for their gig ... I always had an awesome time during the show even if Satchel said the same things over and over ... but in different languages! lol

mars_1030
useravatar
22 Posts
Newcomer
39 Points
Female  Website 

mrs v. viper wrote:

they ight be good musicians and entertainers, and the songs might be well made. I guess I can even happily sing along with fuck all night party all day or whatever the songs called when I'm drunk, but otherwise they have nothing I love about music.

This is my feeling nearly exactly.. Can't stand them. I understand what they are doing and what they are about and it is cool and funny and some songs are actually okay, but i can't consider them a real band and what they do is not really music to me. Not to mention when I seen them walking around without their wigs on it was a total let down haha..

Crashdiet American Street Team

U.S.A. Street Team Facebook Page

Justin Kicks
useravatar
269 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
635 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

i somethimes listen to their music but cant say i love it... its funny for sure but a fan no way...
If i watch there videos and live shoots... it looks soo fake... like they wanna be it and think they are it but they are just not it for me... their behavoure is just too much...

Edited by: Chardonaytje - Jan-15-13 13:14:00

~Don't cry, just have a little patience~
~I'll be your clown, behind the glass, Go 'head and laugh, cause it's funny
I would do, If I saw me...
My life's a circus-circus rounding circles, im selling out tonight...~

Chardonaytje
useravatar
531 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
135 Points

Justin Kicks wrote:

Not to mention when I seen them walking around without their wigs on it was a total let down haha..

I got so dissapointed when I realized it was wigs xD
The first time i met them was without wigs, so the next time I met them I had to take another pic with Lexxi because he looks so much better with his wig, hahaha.

i would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey.

Sheila
grevling
useravatar
3113 Posts
Captain Of The Team
2135 Points

I like them, they are fun but that's about all current/big_smile

"To follow your dreams is something you really should do in your life, to achieve something that is really important to you."

Streetteam Finland

Fhina
Smut Queen
useravatar
1335 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
531 Points

Well there music is ok, but I like them mostly because of the way they act like current/big_smile typical rock image current/wink current/big_smile

KEEP ON ROCKIN'
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/3648/45360.gif
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/1802/8969ve9.png
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/2640/6032.jpg

Mr.Freakrose
useravatar
171 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

for a parody band they do an awesome job, it's very entertaining and they really are good musicians, but on the other hand it's kinda sad new bands in the same genre can be good but dont get the same attention because they're 'real' and dont have that much songs about sex.

saw them once ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPHn5OQ1 … ISVxf225_A current/wink ) and had a great time,  also met them after the show so that was a nice bonus. I will go see them again when they're near but i dont know if i would go to more shows in a row since it's less entertaining when you know whats coming next

eevio
useravatar
141 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
9 Points
Birthday  Website 

I like them... not a favorite band or anything, but I think they are good! Saw them at Rockefeller (Oslo) last year.. great show!

IzzyReid
useravatar
178 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
319 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

i saw them sometime in 2012. only really went becasue a lot of my friends who like rock were going, and it was one of the only rock shows in town for a while. I also heard that they were great live.

sure they are good museos, but i really couldn't get into it. just like on the cds, the act only goes so far. someone can only tell the same joke once, and if they keep re-telling the same joke it isn't funny anymore. that's the vibe i get from steel panther.

they probably played for around 90mins, and by 60mins i was getting pretty bored. to the bar!

one thing that annoyed me is that there were so many people there (sold out) but then at local gigs of serious hard rock  bands they struggle to get 100 people. yet people will pay $50 to see a comedy act.

glam_junkie
is cooler than you!
useravatar
984 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
802 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

glam_junkie wrote:

one thing that annoyed me is that there were so many people there (sold out) but then at local gigs of serious hard rock  bands they struggle to get 100 people. yet people will pay $50 to see a comedy act.

It's sad, isn't it?

//LONDON

Peter London plankar - det kan du också göra.

www.planka.nu

peterlondon
Mr London
useravatar
1794 Posts
1961 Points
Male  Website 

I'm not a big fan of "Wig Metal"...

Val
useravatar
140 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

peterlondon wrote:

It's sad, isn't it?

I agree. Here it was the same, their gig was soon sold out while other "more serious" musicians still get the smaller venues..

Sarah SickMind
useravatar
217 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
6 Points
Female  Website 

^ yep. They sold out Batschkapp and Crashdiet plays Nachtleben. makes sense.
Not.

- . -

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5227 Posts
1447 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Yea thats what I thought of, its sad current/sad

Sarah SickMind
useravatar
217 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
6 Points
Female  Website 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
majjema
Members Online: