Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

User points

User points

Hey, I just installed a "new" feature current/smile.

Those of you who's been here for a while probably remember this "Alpha user points" thing. We never really got it to work so I disabled it - now, however, it seems that it finally works current/smile.

You get points for logging in, replying to threads, creating new threads or polls etc...

I'm thinking that for every 100 points earned you get some cash to spend in our webshop - technically it means that your webshop account is "loaded" with a specific amount of money each time you reach a new 100 points level.

Is this a good or bad idea?

How much do you think 100 points is worth in money to spend on our merch? (A hint - Daily login is 1 point, replying is 3 points, creating a new thread is 12 points) current/smile

//LONDON

Peter London plankar - det kan du också göra.www.planka.nu

peterlondon
Mr London
useravatar
1810 Posts
91 Points
Male  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: User points

Nice idea Peter, I'm sure it will attract some users to post more but at the same time I hope there won't be some senseless posting just to gain points, you know what I mean. But I don't know about the money really, someone else should speak about that current/smile.

P.S. Will you have some cash to spend in store too for reaching 100 points? current/big_smile I think so because everyone should have equal chances current/wink.

http://imageshack.com/a/img12/1289/hrix.jpg

Marmetal
Martin Krüsh
useravatar
3139 Posts
Captain Of The Team
323 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Yeah it's nice indeed, but maybe we should create a new category, "Games/Chat" or so, were this function is disabled. That could avoid unnecessary "post-whoring".

Great initiative! current/smile

Edit: I also think that raising the 100-point limit would be a good idea, or otherwise you'll be broke in two weeks. current/wink

http://www.antonahlstrom.com/

izzie
Mr Moderator
useravatar
3358 Posts
0 Points
Male  Website 

izzie wrote:

Yeah it's nice indeed, but maybe we should create a new category, "Games/Chat" or so, were this function is disabled. That could avoid unnecessary "post-whoring".

Yes, definately, I'll look into that.... However, points can easily be suntracted from users if their posts starts to lack completely too much in quality current/smile.

izzie wrote:

Edit: I also think that raising the 100-point limit would be a good idea, or otherwise you'll be broke in two weeks. wink

But that depends on how much merch-money you'll get after 100 points, right? I have not figured that one out yet current/tongue.

//LONDON

peterlondon
Mr London
useravatar
1810 Posts
91 Points
Male  Website 

Yeah of course ,you are right. I guess it is more fun to be awarded many times rather than one big "win" aswell.

http://www.antonahlstrom.com/

izzie
Mr Moderator
useravatar
3358 Posts
0 Points
Male  Website 

izzie wrote:

I guess it is more fun to be awarded many times rather than one big "win" aswell.

Exactly current/smile

//LONDON

peterlondon
Mr London
useravatar
1810 Posts
91 Points
Male  Website 

It would be a really nice idea, but I'm also sceptical that it would attract the wrong kind of activity here current/sad.
Could become flooded with people who just want free stuff instead of those who just ~want to be here.

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

XiLaii
The Strange
useravatar
2674 Posts
Captain Of The Team
10 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 

Maybe you could base your system on the quality of posts, rather then the quantity. A member of the band could vote for the best/ most original/ positive post or contribution to the website of the month, for example. Or all the members of the board could vote for a "Member of the month" or something. That way every one makes a fair change without "topic whoring". The only difficulty is that you have to designate a certain person to judge the quality and that's a little bit more complicating that just scoring numbers.  But that has a advantage as well because the prospect of a meeting a bandmember online regulary, will have a stimulating effect on the board.

~Flying on the wings of victory~

Laura Victory
useravatar
155 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Female 

i like your idea of user of the month laura (or something similar), perhaps instead of giving them store credit make certain store items avaliable for x amount of points and points awarded by other people in the forum (much like "karma") on the sister forum.

"I think the main thing is the fuckin' attitude, if ya ain't got it and don't think your the coolest walkin' creature on earth, how would you then persuade people to dig your wicked act of art."- Dave Lepard R.I.S.

Genital Grinder
Mr. Grinder
useravatar
250 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

XiLaii wrote:

It would be a really nice idea, but I'm also sceptical that it would attract the wrong kind of activity here current/sad.
Could become flooded with people who just want free stuff instead of those who just ~want to be here.

You know I always agree with you on this kinda stuff but I think atm we can be happy if there's activity in here at all current/hmm

Like the user of the month user idea aswell, but it souds complicated too... maybe an option for when postwhoring really gets a problem? current/smile

etc etc, keep it going!  current/smile I still love this place!

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

oh and isn't it cleverer to have the reward in % on your order instead of an actual money account? like 100 points is one 1% off? that way you don't actually give a shirt completely away after some time but motivate people to buy even more because 1 % is more when you buy 2 shirts than 1 shirt? in theory, I have no idea how well stuff like that works, I'm not a saleswoman current/tongue and you can always have limit to prevent you from getting broke current/smile

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

i like the idea or having an incetive for folks to visit more often and participate. but as others have mentioned, there needs to be a way of avoiding people posting for the sake of earning points even though the post is senseless.
the more new people that join, the more current people will participate also.

glam_junkie
is cooler than you!
useravatar
1002 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
118 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Thanks everyone for your input! Keep it coming current/smile

//LONDON

peterlondon
Mr London
useravatar
1810 Posts
91 Points
Male  Website 

combining that voucher code system you had recently with the user points would be a good idea too... ie earn points every time someone uses your voucher code. cos that way others are also purchasing stuff from your webstore and you are getting some additional sales.

and i don't think it necessarily has to be free stuff people earn.... even the discount vouchers are a good idea, or a chance to meet the band or soemthing like that.

glam_junkie
is cooler than you!
useravatar
1002 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
118 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

glam_junkie wrote:

and i don't think it necessarily has to be free stuff people earn.... even the discount vouchers are a good idea, or a chance to meet the band or soemthing like that.

Discount vouchers is a good shout. But I think the whole chance to meet thing would be a little strange.

mrs v. viper wrote:

You know I always agree with you on this kinda stuff but I think atm we can be happy if there's activity in here at all 

Of course I'm really grateful that there is activity here! But If I'm being honest, I would prefer that there was very little activity between a handful of people who really wanted to be here than a huge amount of pointless activity between people who just wanted the benefits.

I guess I just don't have any faith in people :p

Edit: Blaaah I sound so complain-y. Just don't listen to me.. haha current/tongue

Photo Blog // Flickr

XiLaii
The Strange
useravatar
2674 Posts
Captain Of The Team
10 Points

XiLaii wrote:

glam_junkie wrote:

Discount vouchers is a good shout. But I think the whole chance to meet thing would be a little strange.

i see your point, but just trying to put forward ideas that peoeple could use points for that don't necessaritly cost the band anything to do. if they are at a gig and a doing a meet-n-greet then it may be a good opportunity for someone who maybe wouldn't use points for merch. Even things like buy a ticket to a gig and bring a friend for free...

glam_junkie
is cooler than you!
useravatar
1002 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
118 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

glam_junkie wrote:

i see your point, but just trying to put forward ideas that peoeple could use points for that don't necessaritly cost the band anything to do.

Ahh I see, that makes more sense. current/smile

Photo Blog // Flickr

XiLaii
The Strange
useravatar
2674 Posts
Captain Of The Team
10 Points

Often when i buy clothes online from specific places i gain points depending how much money i spend..let's say i spend 100e i'll get like 10 points and in money that's like 1e..so in cash the points are low but they still make me prefer those few places..don't give anything away too cheap current/smile

Haha what really seems to create activity in here is Peter posting something! Other times there are just people logging in checking if someone else have made a new post..so i really hope this well "cheer" people up! current/smile

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"

mimz
useravatar
1950 Posts
Born To Die Free
0 Points
Female  Website 

Genital Grinder wrote:

i like your idea of user of the month laura (or something similar), perhaps instead of giving them store credit make certain store items avaliable for x amount of points and points awarded by other people in the forum (much like "karma") on the sister forum.

That's a good idea! That way, some articles of the webstore become exclusive/ collector items and will stimulate new fans to sign in and participate on this forum.

Laura Victory
useravatar
155 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Female 

mrs v. viper wrote:

Like the user of the month user idea aswell, but it souds complicated too... maybe an option for when postwhoring really gets a problem? current/smile

It's not very complicated I think. On another website, all members recieve an automatically generated survey monthly in which they can vote for the member of the month out of the ten most active members of the last four weeks. The answers are automatically processed as well so the moderator just has to announce the lucky winner in a new post.

Laura Victory
useravatar
155 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Female 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
caesar
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Chatterbox

Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
Mcinsanity: Horrible... childish... and u don't have any idea why they treated you like this?
KerLondonLepard: I really don't know but I hate my country....luckily tomorrow I will go to Castelfranco Veneto..
Mcinsanity: oh.. Enjoy then :)
KerLondonLepard: Thank you...<3 I love this blog...I feel at home
Mcinsanity: :)
KerLondonLepard: :D :D anyway! what are u doing now? :D
Mcinsanity: Listening lost horizons, maybe I shouldn't do this, it almost makes me cry... Beautiful song<3 and u?
KerLondonLepard: This song is fantastic <3 I'm chatting and watching TV :D
Mcinsanity: yes<3 :)
KerLondonLepard: <3 <3 hehe
Mcinsanity: Do you listen any other bands?
KerLondonLepard: yeah! mmm Hardcore Superstar,Sister,Hanoi Rocks,Alice Cooper,Guns N' Roses,L.A. Guns,Skid Row and other...mmm Pretty boy Floyd :D
KerLondonLepard: and u? :D
Mcinsanity: oh wow :D Reckless love, Santa cruz, Lovex, Sturm und drang...
KerLondonLepard: :D :D
Sleazoid: Goodnight everyone, have a great day where ever you all may be.
KerLondonLepard: Hey there!
madcandy: Hey :)
KerLondonLepard: hey how are u? :3
madcandy: fine ^_^ and you?
KerLondonLepard: Fine :) thanks
Mcinsanity: hey! :)
KerLondonLepard: hey :D
Mcinsanity: How are u?
KerLondonLepard: I'm fine thank you,and you? :)
Mcinsanity: annoyed... After last week holiday, school started today :(
KerLondonLepard: ohw :( poor :(
KerLondonLepard: I am waiting Peter cause I can order any stuff :)
Mcinsanity: oh, what stuff? :P (have i asked this already?)
KerLondonLepard: I am waiting that he will come back online
KerLondonLepard: hey there :)
KerLondonLepard: Hello :)
Mcinsanity: Hey! :)
KerLondonLepard: hey :D
Luana.Crow: hey.
KerLondonLepard: how are u? :)

Only registered users can chat!
Please register or login :)

Recent Forum Topics

by vilatichoslapka
Oct-29-14 10:22:44