Forgot password? | Forgot username?

Documentary films

Documentary films

I've finally got some time over, and I want to watch some documentaries! Now I want to know where to start.

So give me some tips! It doesn't have to be about music, aslong as it's interesting. Go! current/smile

http://www.antonahlstrom.com/

izzie
Mr Moderator
useravatar
3353 Posts
1014 Points
Male  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Documentary films

I'll start with a music one anyway: It Might Get Loud !!!

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5227 Posts
1447 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

The story of Anvil

Utøya, en liten ö i världen

America's most hated family
America's most hated family in crisis
(both can easily be found on YouTube)

9/11
My favourite documentary about that day. Two french brothers were actually filming a documentary about firefighters, so it starts off with their everyday life at the firestation. Then America is all of a sudden under attack and these two brothers filmed it all. Both on the inside of the towers and on the outside. Incredible footage. This Youtube account doesn't have part 3 but you can find it in the list to the right, where someone else has uploaded it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crSW1zE3 … re=related

These are the ones that I come to think of as of now current/smile

Edited by: Miss Obscene - Jun-07-12 18:06:54

"You know what "normal" is..? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that.." - Ashley Purdy

Miss Obscene
CAROLINE
useravatar
2800 Posts
Captain Of The Team
88 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 

"Bowling For Columbine" by Michael Moore. EASILY the Best documentary I've ever seen!

This trailer desn't do it justice at all...the movie is just fantastic in a tragic way. There's a very good reason it won an Oscar for best Documentary current/smile

PS. His documentaries "Sicko" "Farenheit 9/11" and "Capitalism, a love story" are also all fantastic! current/smile

AXL - STEVEN - IZZY - DUFF - SLASH  --- In Memory Of Guns N' Roses

Kraljosovina
Happy Go Lucky Me :D
useravatar
1410 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
199 Points
Birthday  Website 

yeah and I bet he's seen that, probably more than once even.

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5227 Posts
1447 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

mrs v. viper wrote:

yeah and I bet he's seen that, probably more than once even.

Yeah I believe so too. But since he didn't write any of those he's already seen...I didn't wanna not reccomend it and risk him missing it (some people actually have, many people)

And I thought the odds of him having seen that one plus "Sicko", "Farenheit 9/11" and "Capitalism - A love story" was pretty small current/smile

Why the negativity? current/tongue

Kraljosovina
useravatar
1410 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
199 Points
Birthday  Website 

sorry, didn't mean to be negative.... current/hmm
just not in the best of moods lately. Also fair enough, and uhm...
I'll just try to not think about how many people actually haven't seen it and pretend that more people have. everyone needs his illusions.. current/tongue

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5227 Posts
1447 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Thanks for your tips! Yeah, in fact I have seen all of those you've linked hehe.

I might aswell add one: "Cracked Actor". It's about David Bowie in his cocaine years. I don't want to bring up Bowie all the time because I KNOW it might be irritating but... forgive me this time. It's really depressing aswell, something that lately has fitted my state of mind quite good. I've seen it six times in two weeks or so...

http://www.antonahlstrom.com/

izzie
Mr Moderator
useravatar
3353 Posts
1014 Points
Male  Website 

mrs v. viper wrote:

sorry, didn't mean to be negative.... current/hmm
just not in the best of moods lately. Also fair enough, and uhm...
I'll just try to not think about how many people actually haven't seen it and pretend that more people have. everyone needs his illusions.. current/tongue

Lol, np current/smile
Illusions?

Kraljosovina
useravatar
1410 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
199 Points
Birthday  Website 

izzie wrote:

Thanks for your tips! Yeah, in fact I have seen all of those you've linked hehe.

Oh ok, good for you current/big_smile

izzie wrote:

I might aswell add one: "Cracked Actor". It's about David Bowie in his cocaine years. I don't want to bring up Bowie all the time because I KNOW it might be irritating but... forgive me this time. It's really depressing aswell, something that lately has fitted my state of mind quite good. I've seen it six times in two weeks or so...

It's not illegal to post about Bowie here, plus you are the moderator so current/wink
Hmm, gotta check that one out current/smile

These two i don't think you have seen current/smile...

If you want to feel even more bad, check out this fantastic documetary about how we humans treat animals: "Earthlings"

And this one is also a really great documentary about one of the worlds most misunderstood and "backtalked" animals: "Sharkwater"

Kraljosovina
useravatar
1410 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
199 Points
Birthday  Website 

Have you seen Lemmy: The Movie? That might not be the exact title, but I'm sure you'll find it easy enough. I really enjoyed watching that one but it was so long ago I can barely remember it, haha.

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

XiLaii
The Strange
useravatar
2671 Posts
Captain Of The Team
93 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 

There's a brand new British documentary called Mission To Lars that I really wanna see. Lemmy said it's so moving that he cried current/smile. Some reviews: here, here or here. And the trailer:

It's being shown in UK now I think, so maybe you can catch it Lou current/smile.

http://imageshack.com/a/img12/1289/hrix.jpg

Marmetal
Martin Krüsh
useravatar
3114 Posts
Captain Of The Team
1746 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

True Norweigan Black Metal...

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

GunsNCrüeSWE
I am of my father the devil...
useravatar
1218 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
1107 Points
Male  Website 

The song remains the same  1973 madison square garden NY

Edited by: hollywood vampire//hv - Jun-16-12 16:37:37

useravatar
0 Posts
Newcomer
0 Points

STONES IN THE PARK 1968 hyde park LONDON

useravatar
0 Posts
Newcomer
0 Points

Here's one Documentary/Mini series that I just started watching today. AMAZING FOOTAGE AL THE TIME!!! It's crazy really. And it doesn't get any worse when you realise that David Attenborough is the one who's going to narrate the whole thing current/big_smile

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2092588/

Kraljosovina
useravatar
1410 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
199 Points
Birthday  Website 

Here's one Documentary/Mini series that I just started watching today. AMAZING FOOTAGE AL THE TIME!!! It's crazy really. And it doesn't get any worse when you realise that David Attenborough is the one who's going to narrate the whole thing current/big_smile

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2092588/

Downloaded it in 720p HD and I'm watching it on my new computer, looks simply amazing current/smile

Kraljosovina
useravatar
1410 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
199 Points
Birthday  Website 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
goldtecgimmer
Members Online: