Forgot password? | Forgot username?

Random facts

Re: Random facts

When I was studying at university, I also worked as a live sound engineer at a local youth center for an year to earn some cash. I'm like 153cm and back then I was only 38kg, so it wasn't probably the best fitting job for me, current/smile but I had so much fun.
Because I worked for the town I was living in, they were really cheap, so my job description included everything from building the stage and setting up the PA-system to doing the sound engineering for the live shows (I usually did the monitor mixing, but for some rare cases got to do the front of the house mixing too  current/cool  ). At weekends we did band events, and weekdays any odd jobs around the city that needed a PA-system.
I must say, that it was the most physically challenging job I've ever had - that stuff is really heavy, and the guys I was working with were always really amused when I was trying to move some of the heviest equipment (always betting on how far I could move something  current/neutral   ) - but it was also very rewarding job to have. 
Sometimes we got to help the professional live sound engineers when there were some bigger events in the town. I have a little mixed feelings about those though. At one level we learned so many things we didn't know, but on the other hand, I was always reduced to the coffee girl whilst the other guys got to help with building the PA-system.  current/mad While I was working with "my guys", I was always part of the group (one of the guys), but when we got to work with other people, I was always singled out as the "girl", and no-one took any notice that I was actually good at what I was doing.
Albeit that, It was really happy year (didn't do much studying though. current/tongue )

Edited by: katribear - Feb-18-14 11:30:50

katribear
useravatar
64 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
320 Points
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Random facts

I can't sleep for longer than 4 hours, no matter how hard I try to fall back asleep, I usually fail, but when I manage to get more sleep, I always get ill (high temperature, sore throat etc.)

Oolpr
useravatar
9 Posts
Newcomer
67 Points
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.
There is 1 guest and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
majjema
Members Online: