Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground

Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground

We're anxious to hear what our active forum members think about our new album of course!

Why don't you start, Chardonay?

current/smile

//LONDON

Peter London plankar - det kan du också göra.www.planka.nu

peterlondon
Mr London
useravatar
1810 Posts
91 Points
Male  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Forum members reviews on The Savage Playground

uh oh! Me writing reviews :S

Okay uhmm...First time i listend it today i was a bit dissapointed , hmmm wel i think i had a to high expentation of it.

It sounds diffrent than im use to hear from you guys, there a bit sing a long songs and i dont know how you call it but i would call it catchy melodys.
But after hearing it 2 times i kinda start to like it (sorry that i took so long current/tongue)
My oppinion about the songs:
Change The world - Nice song! think i have to listen this song some more times to really like it cuz Simon voice sounds diffrent here its not raw but also not angried... have to get use to it i think.... (the bridge sounds cool)
Cocaine Cowboys -  Well everyone heard this song, its catchy and awsome lyrics current/smile
Anarchy - okay  i really like this song cuz it has cool guitar and bass riffs and Simon singin sounds great again!
Calafornia  -  love the way Simon sings haha Sounds almost sweet when it's so wrong current/big_smile and the Beat is great!
Lickin Dog - nice way to begin a song with those lyrics haha! the lyrics are really wrong but really true!
Circus -  love the Guitar/Bass and drums but think the way Simon sings is weird but funny... but the Lyrics are great!)
Sin City -  hmmm hard to discribe what i like about this song its catchy but also weird...
Got a reason - This is what i believe is one of those catchy Sing-a-long Songs, The Lyrics in this song are just awsome, Love the end! (If Life so dawm precious, why am i not afraid to Die)
Drinkin without you - the intro of this song is awsome, lyrics aswel i think Simons voice is diffrent in this song its not so raw in this but more softer (dont know how to explain current/big_smile)
Snakes in Paradise - This is Really my Favourite cuz of the lyrics and love the beat, simon sounds really dark in this song, but the lyrics are So Genious!
Damaged kid -  The Lyrics are just awsome, but for some reason i dont think the Lyrics and beat fit  together well
Excited -  love the lyrics and the beat and the backingvocals in this song really sounds great! And i think the backingvocal really completed the song!
Garden of Babylon - Genious song! everything is perfect in this song, i even wanted to scream along in the chores and theres a moment i thought the song was over the first time and than Simon started again haha genious:D

I really love the Lyrics of this new Album and there are a lot of guitar/bass playing  on the album that just sounds awsome!
Nice job !

Edited by: Chardonaytje - Jan-18-13 22:35:23

~Don't cry, just have a little patience~
~I'll be your clown, behind the glass, Go 'head and laugh, cause it's funny
I would do, If I saw me...
My life's a circus-circus rounding circles, im selling out tonight...~

Chardonaytje
useravatar
531 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
0 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

I just want to take the opportunity to say how deeply touched I am by this album. I don't know if it also because I thought you guys couldn't do that anymore because I couldn't imagine timing would ever fit again, but it happened. There are some things I could be negative about, but the moments that stun me totally blend that out.
There are just moments where I feel like somone picked memories and thoughts and feelings out of my head and put them in a song with exactly the right tone and pace, and that really makes me feel alot less alienated, and that is such a nice change for me.

I don't know. I really can't put this in words, just besides all this forum action and gettung in touch with people that I got from all this streetteam stuff, this is really what it is about...

just thank you I guess.
I suck at expressing this.

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

mrs v. viper wrote:

I suck at expressing this.

Your not the only one, i did like more than a houre about writing a review, it hard to express in words, how i felt this album sounds like... its really difficult to explain so i just wrote what my first thoughts were... But the Album is really nice...! really great job boys!!!

also the the Lyrics are really awsome (can say that like a million times! just love them!)  current/big_smile

Edited by: Chardonaytje - Jan-18-13 22:56:30

~Don't cry, just have a little patience~
~I'll be your clown, behind the glass, Go 'head and laugh, cause it's funny
I would do, If I saw me...
My life's a circus-circus rounding circles, im selling out tonight...~

Chardonaytje
useravatar
531 Posts
0 Points

Can album be listened from somewhere..?

Hertsi88
Hertsi
useravatar
537 Posts
0 Points
Male  Website 

No, Chardonaytje simply got it yesterday already - the post once did theirn service like they are supposed to current/big_smile

"To follow your dreams is something you really should do in your life, to achieve something that is really important to you."

Streetteam Finland

Fhina
Smut Queen
useravatar
1335 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 Points

not yet, but it seems some albums are arriving already on some places current/smile

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

ahh too bad that i havent got my yet, well no matter, its always worth the wait.

Hertsi88
Hertsi
useravatar
537 Posts
0 Points
Male  Website 

Got The Savage Playground today, right in time for my b-day next week.  After the first round with my beloved Ultimate Ears inears I was blasted away. Got up and dressed (haha) and put in on the speakers this time. Chopping veggies and meat to that beat is really a treat *G*

After the second time through I put it on loop. I love this album. It’s beautiful, it's dark, it’s raw, it’s hard, it’s nasty and most of all it’s downright fucking brutally honest.  The live recording pays off big time.  I’m not a musician and actually rather tone deaf so I won’t go into guitar riffs and stuff except to say I love those riffs to pieces. Not to talk about Simme's voice - the rougher the better if you ask me.

My favourite is definitely Garden of Babylon – it makes that dark streak in me strum like a steel feather. And those oriental streaks are pure genius. It’s closely followed by Snakes in Paradise and Change the World. Those lyrics speak to me in tones that vibrate in my bones (oops, rhyming again – bad sign, better run for cover everybody *G*).

To sum it up: BLOODY FUCKING AWESOME!!!

Edited by: Psychobunny - Jan-19-13 17:16:07

I am what I am - go live with it

Psychobunny
The One and Only
useravatar
550 Posts
23 Points

I can't wait to hear it!!!!!! So EXCITED!!!!

Everybody dies, why not die as a warrior? LONG LIVE ROCK N' ROLL!!!!!!!!!!  current/big_smile

R.I.S. Dave Lepard

SallyCruz666
Salomé M. Rokk
useravatar
258 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points

The album isnt even out yet is it? :S

Anyway. I think ill enjoy this album cause i havent had any hype for it like i did previous albums. So i think ill be able to listen to the album without high expectations. Also the good thing is this year we get a new album from Crashdiet AND HCSS. Two bands long overdue for new albums!

mrlee
useravatar
1094 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 Points

hey there, long time no see current/big_smile
it's not "Out" yet, but they started shipping so early it arrived to some places already current/smile
I think I remember you really liked gemini 5, right?
if you still do I think you'll enjoy this one current/smile

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

I've just had my first listen to The Savage Playground and think it's fantastic! I felt that Crashdiet set a real benchmark with Generation Wild, and was interested to see what direction The Savage Playground would take! For me the expectations for The Savage Playground were extermely high after Generation Wild, which can be a good thing and a bad thing. Good because here is a group of very talented guys who always had the edge on any bands of the same genre and deliver genius work, bad because you can hype something up so much that when it comes out your left disappointed.
        The Savage Playground did not disappoint me for these reasons; On first listen I thought it sounded a lot more raw and live than any of it's predecessors. we've had a few 'tasters' of tracks in the build up to the album like 'Sin City' and 'Anarchy' which has the coolest intro build up and massive chorus! One of the things that I love about Crashdiet is their combo of amazing riffs, beats and layering of vocal harmonies, I don't think many bands come close to mixing these as good as Crashdiet, so tracks like 'Anarchy' 'California' and 'Circus' (my favorite track on the album!) stood out massively for me! 'Snakes In Paradise' is another great track and has a good sleazy guitar riff and drum beat as is 'Cocaine Cowboys'. Theres a few tracks which sound a bit more slower, experimental and challenging like 'Excited' and add a different atmosphere towards the end of the album. The harder rocking tracks the first half of the album were the tracks that hooked me in the most, but I like an album that with tracks that are a bit challenging and have to lsten to a few times to really bond with them. This album has a great mix of tracks, hard hitting riffs, great vocals and musicianship, experimental, challenging and dark on occasions.
It isn't Generation Wild, it's The Savage Playground and it's awesome!

The Baron
useravatar
13 Posts
Newcomer
0 Points

every fan so far seems to love it, i cant wait to get my hands (ears?) on it current/smile

Hertsi88
Hertsi
useravatar
537 Posts
0 Points
Male  Website 

I think I've never listened to any song as much as to Excited....

current/yikes

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

mrs v. viper wrote:

I think I've never listened to any song as much as to Excited....

current/yikes

Haha, same here! current/smile I'm probably addicted to this song...

Edited by: Rush - Jan-22-13 00:34:02

Rush
useravatar
58 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points

Okay here it goes.. I want to do a review of each song, but first I'll just do an overall review. I've listened to all the samples over and over and over for the past few weeks in anticipation of the album and now finally I get to hear each and every song in full length. I can honestly say this is the best thing Crashdiet has done to this date. So diverse and unique. Each song has its own personality and style. The guys have matured so much from the RIS and demo days. I can't say I can compare it directly to RIS, but it definitely sits up there on the same level and it is miles above Generation Wild which was a great album.   

Change the World- Picks up right where Gen Wild left off with the reblious nature and us against the world attitude. Great opener and a total in your face song.

Cocaine Cowboys- Sets the tone for the album with the slide intro and it takes us to a place Crashdiet hasn't been before. Maybe my least favorite song on the album because it is kind of bland in comparison, but it is not a bad song by any means.

Anarchy- This could have fit in perfectly with Gen Wild and has a killer sing along chorus.

California- This song is amazing. I really liked the acoustic version we heard in Hollywood and had high expectations for it. I was a little disappointed when I heard the sample as I was expecting more of the acoustic sound, but now that I have heard it all the way through it is a killer mid-tempo balladish song

Lickin' Dog- A fun in your face verbal lashing that will be a mainstay in my playlist for a while

Circus- My least favorite of the demo teaser videos from a few months ago. I just thought Simon's singing weird and awkward, but the chorus is really catchy and it has grown on me ten fold since then

Sin City- Damn this song is really good.. Really fun and catchy much more upbeat and good time rock n roll

Got a Reason- Keeps of the pace and the "tonight tonight" catchy sing along will be great as a live tune

Drinking without You- I really enjoyed hearing this sample early on and thought it would be a killer ballad type song, and I was right. One of my favorites so far

Snakes in Paradise- When I first heard this I was not into it and thought it was not really the style of Crashdiet, but it really has grown on me in a devious and seductive way

Damaged Kid- Another great track that I didn't expect much from and has been a pleasant surprise

Excited- This song is just pure gold from start to finish it had me hooked and wouldn't let go

Garden of Babylon- Is an epic masterpiece It is hard to pull off a seven minute song, but this song just sounds amazing full blast

Liquid Jesus- My favorite song maybe ever is just as I expected it to be fasted pace full of action, harmonica, guitar, and rock n roll LOVE LOVE LOVE this track

After listening to the whole thing all the way through things that really stand out are of course the great production and raw sound infused into one great product. It just sounds so natural and real. Martin's solos sound different compared to all the other albums and they sound better. Maybe they have more of an 80's hairband sound. Simon's vocals at times get lost with the instruments taking over and really being the main force behind the amazing album. Normally I'm a lyric person so I wanna hear the vocals, but it doesn't bother me too much and It all fits perfectly. I'm sure there are many things I forgot to mention and say, but I really just want to keep listening to the album without distractions and I feel like I've kind of rambled on enough anyway.

Crashdiet American Street Team

U.S.A. Street Team Facebook Page

Justin Kicks
useravatar
269 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
11 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Thanks Justin for your awesome review!

//LONDON

Peter London plankar - det kan du också göra.www.planka.nu

peterlondon
Mr London
useravatar
1810 Posts
91 Points
Male  Website 

Justin Kicks wrote:

California- This song is amazing. I really liked the acoustic version we heard in Hollywood and had high expectations for it. I was a little disappointed when I heard the sample as I was expecting more of the acoustic sound, [...]

Unfortunately I have to agree on that. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the acoustic sample you played in Hollywood and was hoping aswell you'd keep that acoustic sound up. Lyrically awesome - absolutely NO question about that, but musically that song doesn't catch me and as Justin said, I am pretty disappointed.
So for that it would be actually awesome to hear the acoustic version on tour current/tongue
But maybe it takes a few more listens...so don't take my critic wrong! The album is really really great on the first listen....but I will have to listen it a bit more the review it...but for love at first sight is: Drinkin' without you and Excited.

Gonna write more later...

"To follow your dreams is something you really should do in your life, to achieve something that is really important to you."

Streetteam Finland

Fhina
Smut Queen
useravatar
1335 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 Points

I know someone else already asked this but I can't find where anymore... is Liquid Jesus limited on digital format?
I though europe gets that as a bonus (read so somewhere I believe) but yeah... it would be nice to know where that song is actually on haha

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
madcandy
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Chatterbox

Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
KerLondonLepard: :) hey
miszczurek: Sleazoid, I like this login :D
KerLondonLepard: Hi!
KerLondonLepard: :)
Sleazoid: I am here :)
Lets good more people on and chatting :)
KerLondonLepard: Hey :)
Sleazoid: Hello everyone :)
How are we all today :)
KerLondonLepard: Hello :) I'm fine and u? :)
Sleazoid: I am good thanks. Listening to Hardcore Superstar how about you :)
I have my one day off work in a two week cycle (yay me) and might have a few items arrive of which I purchased from here.
KerLondonLepard: Ohw nice,I am watching TV and I am chatting with my friend now :)
Sleazoid: :) I noticed we have a few more people online tonight which is nice :)
KerLondonLepard: Yeah! I'm so happy for this! :D
KerLondonLepard: But I miss Peter!
KerLondonLepard: hehe...
Sleazoid: hehe. Yeah its hard to replace Peter but I am sure he is really busy.
KerLondonLepard: Yeah! For sure :) he will come back when he can :D
Sleazoid: as long as he is happy and doing what he likes then its cool. He'll be back eventually when he gets a chance. He's probably working on the website or something.
Sleazoid: of course I hope they are all happily working on more music.
KerLondonLepard: we will stay here and wait him :D
KerLondonLepard: :)
Sleazoid: hehe yep :D
KerLondonLepard: :D
KerLondonLepard: I chatted with him so much times and he is very kind :)
miszczurek: yeeees Hardcore Superstar!
miszczurek: sup guyz?
KerLondonLepard: Hey there!
Sleazoid: Hello everyone :) Sorry I have been away, I haven't been feeling well lately.
I hope everyone else has been well.
Sleazoid: btw has anyone else noticed the out of print section on apparel? Pretty awesome if you ask me :)
I put in my votes for stuff hehe :D
Sleazoid: Oh and yes by all counts Peter is "very kind" :)
KerLondonLepard: Hey there!
madcandy: Hey :)
KerLondonLepard: Hello :D how are u? :D
madcandy: i'm fine) and you? :)
KerLondonLepard: Me too thank you! :D
madcandy: :D
KerLondonLepard: :P :)

Only registered users can chat!
Please register or login :)

Recent Forum Topics

by PrimalScream91
Oct-19-14 23:37:35