Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

How did you became Glam rocker?

How did you became Glam rocker?

Well, first touch was to glam-metal, when i was kid, i had these old spiderman comic books from the 80´s and behind one them were picture of W.A.S.P. and i thought these must be coolest looking fellas in earth. but i also thought that they were some new comic books characters.

in 2002, they showed Eddie Murphys movie "Golden child" in television, that movie had song Ratt - Body talk, and their video appeared in movie, it was best song that i had heard at the time, and so i started find out more about them.. Because they look bit femine i was scared to ask about them from my father, but i gathered all my courange and did it, he told that they are some glam-metal band that he listened back in the 80´s, but that music is dead and boys shouldnt not look like that. My father had "Best finnish air-guitar album" and it had song Hanoi Rocks "Up around the bend" in it, and i loved it also, so i find about Hanoi rocks from the web, i found picture of Michael Monroe, at first i thought that Blonde must be woman and very beatiful one, but then found out that she was he, i asked about father again about this music style Glam-metal, he said that only band i was allowed to listen was Guns N Roses and showed me Use Your Illusion live. that didnt hit me, i thought that they are bit like iron maiden (i know, but i was newbie at the time). then that Dirty Harry movie become from television witch had Jim Carrey in it, and it was that Welcome To The Jungle part of it, what changed my opion about the band, because i loved it.

Now with three strong bands under my belt, i started to search more about these glam-metal bands, i found about Motley crue, i didnt like them at first, because i was very regional at the time and they seemed so satanic, but little by little i started love this "forbidden fruit" and when i saw Motley Crue´s girls girls girls video, song and video blewed my mind.

Because i cant play guitar etc. i had no patience for it, i thought maybe i could sing (i bad singer)  and best looking singers were Michael Monroe and Vince Neil, i started to have blond hair and let it grow.

In 2004 or 2005 ? i dont remember it correctly, Motley Crue arrived to Finland, i went to their gig, drinked couple of beers and asked if somebody could put some makeup for me (I never had courange to put makeup before that) and when i did go to boys room, im remember seeing my image from mirror, at first i didnt realize that was me, but when i did, i though wow, i look good.

So thats pretty much it..

Now i want to know your story...

Hertsi88
Hertsi
useravatar
537 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
0 Points
Male  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: How did you became Glam rocker?

Wouldn't call myself a "Glam Rocker" this sounds so hilarious!
But for me it all started back then in 2000 when HIM hit teh world and I wanted to get married to Ville Valo so badly...hahaha! Well, back then they were my only reason to move to Finland, luckily that changed for good current/big_smile Anyway, with that band I got to know other bands...and got more into this whole gothic scene back then. I still love to music, but I stopped dressing all black about...5 years ago...after wearing ONLY black for...6 years or so. Well things changed, my location changed, my life changed and my taste in music changed too. I never had a problem with music from the 80ies and I believe that Bon Jovi hit on me already when I was like 5 or so...and I guess "Always" has always been one of may faves and still is current/big_smile So surely I knew older stuff of them...
But yes, generally I was listening to bands like the Crüe, G'n'R, Bon Jovi just when it happened or when I was in the mood of it...
Crashdiet I got to know in 2006 or 2007, listened to them at times and liked them - no doubts about that...
So yeah things came just to eachother and are fine as they are. I don't have any real glam rock style...it's always has been some kind of rock'n'roll...alternative style, but still always what ever I have liked and feel like to wear.

"To follow your dreams is something you really should do in your life, to achieve something that is really important to you."

Streetteam Finland

Fhina
Smut Queen
useravatar
1335 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

I got into rock music at the end of 2009 when I watched a clip of Lee Evans doing a really funny act to the Queen song Bohemian Rhapsody, about 6 months later a friend suggested I listen to Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi and I slowly listened to other 80 songs by them and eventually I started listening to other bands from the same era such as Def Leppard, Europe and Motley Crue. I like some other heavy metal that isn't glam like Iron Maiden but Glam Metal is definitely my favourite

leveritt
Master Everitt
useravatar
293 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Fhina wrote:

Wouldn't call myself a "Glam Rocker" this sounds so hilarious!

agree haha. I also despise scenes quite alot.
I'm also coming from punk and grunge music alot more altho I loved HIM crazy much aswell (still do actually) current/smile. When I first heard Crashdiet on this party, we liked the Sex pistols a whole lot, but we also liked Wrathchild a whole lot, we liked the Clash and the Sex pistols a whole lot, and most of all we loved our own set of local bands that played the most horrible music ever but thought like we did.and Riot in Everyone was in that mindset too.
I actually always had the problem that one half of people I shared some mutual favourites in bands would be like "How can you listen to such rotten and noisy stuff" and the other half was like "How can you like such polished popped up sellout shit that people only like because they look shiny".
I always just liked good, honest, and kinda simple rock music, reagrdlss of production and I always liked when the looks refelect the sound.
take Nirvana. They look awesome too in their own way, the look the way they sound, and I always liked this consistency in things, esp. because I am a very visual person. I'm on the dirrty leather side of things more than on the pink glitter side of things tho. I hate Poison haha.

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Hertsi88 wrote:

...i found picture of Michael Monroe, at first i thought that Blonde must be woman and very beatiful one, but then found out that she was he...

And here are the answer of Mrs Sleazy: It was the same with me and Ola Salo from Swedish band The Ark. He is the one, who turned me into Glammer. It was about two years ago.

Edited by: Mrs. Sleazy - Jan-19-13 13:14:58

Mrs. Sleazy
useravatar
90 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Birthday  Website 

I guess from 2003 to 2006 I mainly listened to EBM, Industrial and all that stuff and went like dancing every weekend...all dressed up and stuff.... current/big_smile
I still have this patent-leather shoes...with like 15cm heels...I guess my parents have to send them and i kow what I am going to wear to gigs XDDD Looking kinda like a hooker...
The thing I liked about the goth scene was, nobody cared. At times I walked over festivals in this mentioned boots, lace panty and corset and that's it xDDD

"To follow your dreams is something you really should do in your life, to achieve something that is really important to you."

Streetteam Finland

Fhina
Smut Queen
useravatar
1335 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 Points

I always liked red colored clothes when i was kid, but my mother said that red is for girls and not boys, she passed away 1999 and never saw my glam-rocker transformation, but i quess she would have loved me anyway, even though, i look bit femine.

Hertsi88
Hertsi
useravatar
537 Posts
0 Points
Male  Website 

Hertsi88 wrote:

I always liked red colored clothes when i was kid, but my mother said that red is for girls and not boys, she passed away 1999 and never saw my glam-rocker transformation, but i quess she would have loved me anyway, even though, i look bit femine.

I am sure she would have been proud of you!

Streetteam Finland

Fhina
Smut Queen
useravatar
1335 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 Points

Hertsi88 wrote:

I always liked red colored clothes when i was kid, but my mother said that red is for girls and not boys

I loved the colour red my whole life, too, with the same response by some.

beautïful
nevermore
useravatar
401 Posts
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Thank you Fhina current/smile

Hertsi88
Hertsi
useravatar
537 Posts
0 Points
Male  Website 

For me it starts in 2011, when I saw Slash in a clip by Michael Jackson "Give in to me", He's style and his way to play guitar caught me. I wanted to know more about Slash so i listened to Guns N' Roses, my aunt  gave me Appetite For Destruction and the single of Don't cry, and I felt in love with the band. Now Slash is my biggest idol, I wanted to look like him, so I wear clothes like him, and I'm lucky because my hairs are curly like his hairs=) I play guitar too thanks to him. Some months later I bought Slash's autobiography where he talks about Nikki Sixx, Mötley Crüe and Skid Row. I went on youtube and I listened to Kickstart my heart and Dr. Feelgood, and my aunt making me discovered In a darkened room. I've liked a lot these bands and I wanted to know more bands. On youtube I discovered WASP, Ratt, Crashdiet, BlackRain.... Since I know a lot of great glam metal bands, and this kind of music became my passion.

Everybody dies, why not die as a warrior? LONG LIVE ROCK N' ROLL!!!!!!!!!!  current/big_smile

R.I.S. Dave Lepard

SallyCruz666
Salomé M. Rokk
useravatar
258 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points

For me it was a coincidence (right word?). I used to listen to trance and techno, and was searching for Groove Coverage's cover of Poison. (GC was my favourite band/group at that time, I still like them) Then I suddenly listened to the band Poison instead, and just started listening more and more to them and similar bands. Fallen Angel is still my favourite song from them, since it was the first I heard current/big_smile

i would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey.

Sheila
grevling
useravatar
3139 Posts
Captain Of The Team
212 Points

I'm not. I'm more of the stereotypical metalhead. But With a Brain. Denim jacket With Iron Maiden and Judas Priest patches And That stuff.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

GunsNCrüeSWE
I am of my father the devil...
useravatar
1227 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
9 Points
Male  Website 

One day I hit my head against the toilets door, and I wanted to put makeup...Hahaha!
Seriously, one day Motley Crue and Hanoi Rocks came into my life, and I was totally corrupt by them! current/tongue

Val
useravatar
140 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Well...my first touch with glam metal/rock was when I got the game Guitar Hero 2 because there were sonds likes Shout At The Devil or Cherry Pie on it, that I just fell in love with. But then I was a big AC/DC fan for the first like 1 to 2 years of my life as a, let's say, real rocker current/wink then I just started to listen to KISS and from that point on I started to remember all the cool songs from Guitar Hero 2 and so I looked up Mötley Crüe because I liked Shout At The Devil the most of the songs of the game. Gotta say, at first I thought they were a female band because of their look on the Shout At The Devil cover xD but anyway, I found some parts of the Carnival of Sins DVD on youtube and I bought the DVD on the same day. So, when I got the DVD I watched it and it's my favourite live shot ever since! current/smile and yeah, I'd say that the moment when I watched the DVD for the first time was the birth of the glam rocker in me current/smile I liked it all from the first moment on, the look, the sound, the not censored "fuck" in nearly every sentence current/big_smile
And today I'm a proud glam rocker current/smile or sleaze rocker or how you want to call it current/smile

Edited by: Mr.Freakrose - Jan-20-13 11:16:31

KEEP ON ROCKIN'
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/3648/45360.gif
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/1802/8969ve9.png
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/2640/6032.jpg

Mr.Freakrose
useravatar
171 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

@val awsome!!! Haha i hope more people will bang their heads against toiletdoors haha!

I think it started for me in 2002... I heard in a darkend room and all i need of Skid row... I searched some info about them and found motley crue, HcSs and i saw dead jail or rock 'n roll of Michael Monroe on the tv at a channel called TMf...
But like others said i wont call my self glammer because i wear what i wanna wear and i like black and purple alot... current/smile
i'm also a big ass kiss fan, i like the old guns and roses, i like papa roach, Deathstars, twisted sisters, led zepplin and so on... but sometimes other genre of music makes my happy aswell...

My mom didnt liked me back than, cause she thought i was getting depressed, but thats sooo wrong in this world if you dress black and lissen to rock your an emo or gothic?????
My mom found out that it was the foult of skid Row and kiss that i dressed diffrent than the others  in our  city and after she went with me to my first Kiss concert, she had peace with it... She said omg what  are the people here in the que nice (she thought kiss fan were dangerous, thats why she went with me to their show :p )

~Don't cry, just have a little patience~
~I'll be your clown, behind the glass, Go 'head and laugh, cause it's funny
I would do, If I saw me...
My life's a circus-circus rounding circles, im selling out tonight...~

Chardonaytje
useravatar
531 Posts
0 Points

Well, in this thread´s description i said sleaze/glam rocker/metal but i quess this wont show that, so as Mr. Freakrose said "call it anyway you want it" current/smile

Edited by: Hertsi88 - Jan-20-13 00:04:08

Hertsi88
Hertsi
useravatar
537 Posts
0 Points
Male  Website 

Chardonaytje wrote:

@val awsome!!! Haha i hope more people will bang their heads against toiletdoors haha!

Everyone in the toilet haha!
Apart from that I also played with a Barbie when I was little, it might be a sign!!

Val
useravatar
140 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Chardonaytje wrote:

Val wrote:

Everyone in the toilet haha!
Apart from that I also played with a Barbie when I was little, it might be a sign!!

Well who knows haha i'm a girls but i never played with barbies and dolls :S... We should give all the not cool boys barbies in the toilet maybe it works... *praying it would work here*  (Joking)

~Don't cry, just have a little patience~
~I'll be your clown, behind the glass, Go 'head and laugh, cause it's funny
I would do, If I saw me...
My life's a circus-circus rounding circles, im selling out tonight...~

Chardonaytje
useravatar
531 Posts
0 Points

It's in my blood I think.. When I was young my Dad always played the old school 80's glam stuff like Poison, GNR, Crue, Warrant, but as I got older I started to discover obscure 80's bands and I started to research the scene myself. I took it to a whole different level. Then I found the modern revolution sleaze thing in the mid 2000's. But ever since I can remember I have been criticized  for my musical taste, and it just naturally just evolved into a lifestyle with my clothes and attitude. I can't imagine myself being any different.

Crashdiet American Street Team

U.S.A. Street Team Facebook Page

Justin Kicks
useravatar
269 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
14 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
caesar
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Chatterbox

Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
Mcinsanity: Horrible... childish... and u don't have any idea why they treated you like this?
KerLondonLepard: I really don't know but I hate my country....luckily tomorrow I will go to Castelfranco Veneto..
Mcinsanity: oh.. Enjoy then :)
KerLondonLepard: Thank you...<3 I love this blog...I feel at home
Mcinsanity: :)
KerLondonLepard: :D :D anyway! what are u doing now? :D
Mcinsanity: Listening lost horizons, maybe I shouldn't do this, it almost makes me cry... Beautiful song<3 and u?
KerLondonLepard: This song is fantastic <3 I'm chatting and watching TV :D
Mcinsanity: yes<3 :)
KerLondonLepard: <3 <3 hehe
Mcinsanity: Do you listen any other bands?
KerLondonLepard: yeah! mmm Hardcore Superstar,Sister,Hanoi Rocks,Alice Cooper,Guns N' Roses,L.A. Guns,Skid Row and other...mmm Pretty boy Floyd :D
KerLondonLepard: and u? :D
Mcinsanity: oh wow :D Reckless love, Santa cruz, Lovex, Sturm und drang...
KerLondonLepard: :D :D
Sleazoid: Goodnight everyone, have a great day where ever you all may be.
KerLondonLepard: Hey there!
madcandy: Hey :)
KerLondonLepard: hey how are u? :3
madcandy: fine ^_^ and you?
KerLondonLepard: Fine :) thanks
Mcinsanity: hey! :)
KerLondonLepard: hey :D
Mcinsanity: How are u?
KerLondonLepard: I'm fine thank you,and you? :)
Mcinsanity: annoyed... After last week holiday, school started today :(
KerLondonLepard: ohw :( poor :(
KerLondonLepard: I am waiting Peter cause I can order any stuff :)
Mcinsanity: oh, what stuff? :P (have i asked this already?)
KerLondonLepard: I am waiting that he will come back online
KerLondonLepard: hey there :)
KerLondonLepard: Hello :)
Mcinsanity: Hey! :)
KerLondonLepard: hey :D
Luana.Crow: hey.
KerLondonLepard: how are u? :)

Only registered users can chat!
Please register or login :)

Recent Forum Topics

by Marmetal
Yesterday 15:49:15