Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Welcome to the testing phase of our not-yet-launched new website!

Welcome to the testing phase of our not-yet-launched new website!

Ok let's see now...

I didn't want to launch a new site full of bugs and technical problems. It's way too stressful to deal with problems on a site that's currently up and running current/smile. So I decided to invite some of our current forum fanatics to have a look around and tell me what they think.

This thread is for the chosen ones (which means you) who got to try out the new site way before it's launched current/tongue.

I'd love to hear your feedback, criticism and wild ideas on how to make this website an even better place than it already is haha! Please also report any site errors or other weird stuff you run into current/smile.

Some important stuff :

* You will have to re-upload your avatar. It was impossible to migrate those. I do however still have all the avatars so if you need yours just let me know and I'll dig it up for you!

* User points almost works but not quite yet...current/tongue User points works now so let the competition begin! current/smile

* A chat and a shoutbox (that actually works) is on it's way too, hold on. I suppose the status update thing can play the role as a shoutbox, don't you think? I just installed a chat, let's see now how and if it works, hehe. The current chat was buggy on iPhone. I'll see what I can do.

* The blog is now integrated to this site which is cool but some links does not work... Waiting for the developer to get back to me.... Fixed

* MP3 downloads will be back... just not sure exactly how & when yet current/tongue. Downloads are back!

* Etc, etc, etc.... current/smile

Cheers

//LONDON

Edited by: peterlondon - Aug-30-13 23:20:58

Peter London plankar - det kan du också göra.www.planka.nu

peterlondon
Mr London
useravatar
1810 Posts
91 Points
Male  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Welcome to the testing phase of our not-yet-launched new website!

I'm just getting a chance to check this out before I go to work this morning, but I'm very impressed! A few things that caught my eye initially are: The facebook esque news feed is pretty cool and a great new feature.  The side bars on the right are easier to read. (not that I struggled before, but they just really pop now) And somehow I still have a little number hovering over my inbox button without there actually being anything new in the box, but I'm not sure that will ever go away.

Edit: After a little more playing around I noticed a new message feature found on the home page rather than the forum page, so maybe you plan on integrating them or something.. Of course you are still working on all of this current/tongue
Also I really like how the video and photo tabs are easy to navigate to and through

Overall I'm very excited to see what else I can discover and what else you have planned. current/big_smile

Edited by: Justin Kicks - Aug-17-13 17:19:46

Crashdiet American Street Team

U.S.A. Street Team Facebook Page

Justin Kicks
useravatar
269 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
11 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Thanks for your feedback Justin!

Justin Kicks wrote:

And somehow I still have a little number hovering over my inbox button with

This is fix-able, I'll look at it.

Justin Kicks wrote:

Edit: After a little more playing around I noticed a new message feature found on the home page rather than the forum page, so maybe you plan on integrating them or something.. Of course you are still working on all of this current/tongue

Correct current/smile.

//LONDON

//LONDON

peterlondon
Mr London
useravatar
1810 Posts
91 Points
Male  Website 

Not much to say. It works fine!

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

GunsNCrüeSWE
I am of my father the devil...
useravatar
1227 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
9 Points
Male  Website 

Hey, i finally managed to check (almost) all out here, both with pc and phone, so...
I really like it, things are easier to find and the kinda social-thing is useful as you can quickly check what the other people do directly in the homepage current/smile
A sidebar showing online people, latest posts and stuff like that would be useful, as it was in the previous version of the forum, that's the only thing i suggest you about the pc version... oh, i got a kinda problem with the cover pic, i dont know if it's just my pc but i cannot select the part of the pic i'd like to show, you can only see the upper part, but it aint a really big problem current/wink
Then, on phone... Uh, looks weird. I got a lumia 610 so it may be that on newest ones or Iphones looks better: in the login page you can see just a part of the top picture, seems that Crashdiet are made up just by Martin haha current/big_smile then all the stuff as activities, merch, pics & videos is in just one column, so if you wanna search something you have to scroll down til you find it, it's a bit annoying i think... but i dont think you can change it right?

So, just waitin for the points stuff and those things you're still workin on! current/big_smile

Sarah
Miss Candy
useravatar
904 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 

As Sarah says, it looks really weird on the phone. The old one worked better. But I now its not supposed to work on a phone, so xD But I have the same troubles, I only see Martin, and half of Simons hair. In the forum everything is in a small column, so its kinda hard to read. But as I said, I know it isnt made for the phone. An app would be awesome, however current/big_smile

At the pc, everything, at least what I have had time to check out, looks really good. It looks a bit like facebook, but with only cool people. current/big_smile Looking forward to the new shoutbox/chat, its gonna be awesome current/big_smile

Edit: I just saw that when you click to view someones profile, it opens in a new window. Is that supposed to happen?

One more edit: I tried to edit the information about me, like gender, birthdate, where i live, etc. I filled out all the *-thingys, but when I clicked save it said that my password was to sure oO Probably just a small bug, and not a big deal, but I thought i should mention it xD

Edited by: Sheila - Aug-19-13 01:01:22

i would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey.

Sheila
grevling
useravatar
3139 Posts
Captain Of The Team
188 Points

I love the new site, will probably spend way too much time here current/wink I like social network-feeling and it looks less messy than before.

I agree with Sarah about the picture on the login page, on my phone I can only see Martin. Otherwise it works perfectly as far as I can tell ( I have a samsung galaxy S2).
This was a cool surprise Peter! And yay for a chat and shoutbox current/big_smile

Edited by: Mz. Hyde - Aug-19-13 01:00:12

If you love me like music
I'll be you're song

Mz. Hyde
useravatar
215 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
66 Points
Female  Website 

Just found out that as you post a new topic a little pop up shows you points earned.. Nice addition, and still I haven't found any bugs to note yet.

Justin Kicks
useravatar
269 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
11 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Been playing around with the site the past couple of days, and I absolutely love it! I love how the user profile is more like that of a social network and more customizable than profiles on a normal forum!

Light come
We’re back against the wall
Time won
We’re held in chainz at dawn

PrimalScream91
Dakota
useravatar
301 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
32 Points
Male  Website 

Sarah wrote:

A sidebar showing online people, latest posts and stuff like that would be useful, as it was in the previous version of the forum, that's the only thing i suggest you about the pc version...

Yeah I'll fix that, just trying to make the sidebar a little less wide to give the forum some extra space. Working on it current/smile.

Sarah wrote:

oh, i got a kinda problem with the cover pic, i dont know if it's just my pc but i cannot select the part of the pic i'd like to show, you can only see the upper part, but it aint a really big problem current/wink

Yeah I noticed this too. For best results I'd suggest you'll upload a pic with the exact size of 1140 x 428 pixels and a resolution of 72 dpi. Yes I know not everybody has the tools to do these things but once this thing is up and rolling maybe people who knows this stuff gladly will help others out, hopefully current/smile.

Sarah wrote:

then all the stuff as activities, merch, pics & videos is in just one column, so if you wanna search something you have to scroll down til you find it, it's a bit annoying i think... but i dont think you can change it right?

Yeah, this is actually a feature that I think is amazing current/smile. This happens so you won't have to scroll the page sideways when you're browsing from your phone. The same thing happens if you minimize the browser window on your computer. Unfortunately the forum doesn't support this yet so the forum actually looked better before. As sideways scrolling isn't happening anymore the forum is very squeezed in. I'll see what can be done about this.

Sarah wrote:

in the login page you can see just a part of the top picture, seems that Crashdiet are made up just by Martin haha current/big_smile

Yeah, for the same reason as above the image get's cropped. Maybe we can replace the picture for something that fit's in better…

Sheila wrote:

As Sarah says, it looks really weird on the phone. The old one worked better. But I now its not supposed to work on a phone, so xD

I don't necessarily agree here current/smile. This new site is actually supposed to work better on phones and tablets. I hope you can get used to it hehe.

Sheila wrote:

An app would be awesome, however current/big_smile

I agree and this is certainly not impossible actually but it takes some time to develop current/smile.

Sheila wrote:

Edit: I just saw that when you click to view someones profile, it opens in a new window. Is that supposed to happen?

I think this is a bug because if you click the avatar instead of the username it does not open in a new window actually. I'll have a look at it current/smile.

Sheila wrote:

One more edit: I tried to edit the information about me, like gender, birthdate, where i live, etc. I filled out all the *-thingys, but when I clicked save it said that my password was to sure oO Probably just a small bug, and not a big deal, but I thought i should mention it xD

Yep, you're right. This is definitely a bug. I'll file a report to the developers who built this thing hehe.

Thanks everybody else for your feedback! Keep it coming current/smile

Cheers

//LONDON

peterlondon
Mr London
useravatar
1810 Posts
91 Points
Male  Website 

Oooh, i didnt noticed the chat below here! awesome current/big_smile current/big_smile

Sarah
Miss Candy
useravatar
904 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 Points

Sarah wrote:

Oooh, i didnt noticed the chat below here! awesome current/big_smile current/big_smile

Enjoy current/smile

//LONDON

peterlondon
Mr London
useravatar
1810 Posts
91 Points
Male  Website 

I don't get how the chat works.
Otherwise it looks pretty impressive, I'll check in later to test it more...

Sorry Peter btw for totally being off my duties as a streetteam person lately... To Martin too and the fb stuff... I promise to be back soon, just things are so.. complicated at the moment :S sorry!

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

mrs v. viper wrote:

I don't get how the chat works.

So far from what I can tell the chat is only between two people not like a group chat, and you click on the person's name and the chat icon pops up to start messaging that person?!

Correct me if I'm wrong or missing something

EDIT:
So I may have noticed a bug or something that could be improved. After you get a notification for a new request and approve it, nothing happens as if it doesn't accept my response. I have in fact approved the request because if I reclick the notification it says no new.

Edited by: Justin Kicks - Aug-19-13 21:00:10

Justin Kicks
useravatar
269 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
11 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

I'm having a slight logging in issue, it's as if the site forgets my information and I either have to reset my password or just log in through facebook, not sure whats going on here or if its by design.

Light come
We’re back against the wall
Time won
We’re held in chainz at dawn

PrimalScream91
Dakota
useravatar
301 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
32 Points
Male  Website 

peterlondon wrote:

* You will have to re-upload your avatar. It was impossible to migrate those. I do however still have all the avatars so if you need yours just let me know and I'll dig it up for you!

//LONDON

I don't mind my generic avatar looking like Alec John Such from Bon Jovi...

http://images.grooveshark.com/static/artists/200_744969.jpg

glam_junkie
is cooler than you!
useravatar
1002 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
118 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Justin Kicks wrote:

So I may have noticed a bug or something that could be improved. After you get a notification for a new request and approve it, nothing happens as if it doesn't accept my response. I have in fact approved the request because if I reclick the notification it says no new.

Yeah I see what you mean... Thanks.. Added to my todo-list! current/smile

PrimalScream91 wrote:

I'm having a slight logging in issue, it's as if the site forgets my information and I either have to reset my password or just log in through facebook, not sure whats going on here or if its by design.

This doesn't sound good, can you please describe more in detail? What exactly happens (or don't happen) when you try to login as a "normal user" and not through Facebook?

Btw, is the Facebook thing working properly? I never tested it, admin's aren't allowed to use it for some reason, not sure why... current/hmm

mrs v. viper wrote:

Sorry Peter btw for totally being off my duties as a streetteam person lately... To Martin too and the fb stuff... I promise to be back soon, just things are so.. complicated at the moment :S sorry!

No worries, I do know what it's like current/tongue. Hope you'll get back on track soon & welcome back whenever your'e ready current/big_smile

glam_junkie wrote:

I don't mind my generic avatar looking like Alec John Such from Bon Jovi...

Hahaha, yeah, very similiar actually. Although the avatar was made from a picture of CC Devile, hehe

//LONDON

peterlondon
Mr London
useravatar
1810 Posts
91 Points
Male  Website 

ok... slightly confused here.

to me it seems all posts aren't showing up.
ie in the soundwave 2014 thread where you replied to my post Peter, your reply showed up in the feed, but when i got to the thread itself the post isn't there (even after refreshing)

glam_junkie
is cooler than you!
useravatar
1002 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
118 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

glam_junkie wrote:

ie in the soundwave 2014 thread where you replied to my post Peter, your reply showed up in the feed, but when i got to the thread itself the post isn't there (even after refreshing)

Yeah, the thing is that I commented on the feed and not in the forum (because I didn't notice at first that your post was a forum post, and not a "Status update" Do you at all understand what I'm trying to say? haha...)

The best would probably  be to disable comments on all the activity stream feeds that has to do with the forum. It's very confusing if there are replies both in the forum itself and on the stream, as they're not synchronized in any way at all.

//LONDON

peterlondon
Mr London
useravatar
1810 Posts
91 Points
Male  Website 

peterlondon wrote:

glam_junkie wrote:

Yeah, the thing is that I commented on the feed and not in the forum (because I didn't notice at first that your post was a forum post, and not a "Status update" Do you at all understand what I'm trying to say? haha...)

The best would probably  be to disable comments on all the activity stream feeds that has to do with the forum. It's very confusing if there are replies both in the forum itself and on the stream, as they're not synchronized in any way at all.

//LONDON

ahhh... ok.
i didn't know the stream and comments were separate.
so as i now understand, the stream will show that a post has been made in the forum, but if someone replies to this in the stream then it will not show up in the forum... correct?
making a bit more sense now.

glam_junkie
is cooler than you!
useravatar
1002 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
118 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
madcandy
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Chatterbox

Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
Sleazoid: hi :)
KerLondonLepard: :) Hey :)
KerLondonLepard: I live in Italy :) sorry for reply now!
Sleazoid: Aww its okay, I was straightening my hair anyway :D
Wow, my parents were born in Italy :)
I'd like to visit Italy some day. :)
KerLondonLepard: :D Nice..but are u a girl or boy?
Sleazoid: Boy :)
KerLondonLepard: :D
Sleazoid: Goodnight from me. :) Its 3am here and I have work in a few short hours :|
Nice talking to you, have a wonderful day/night.
Take care.
KerLondonLepard: Ohw sorry I see it now! goodnight my friend! :D take care! nice to chat with u :)
Sleazoid: It's okay :)
KerLondonLepard: :) hey
miszczurek: Sleazoid, I like this login :D
KerLondonLepard: Hi!
KerLondonLepard: :)
Sleazoid: I am here :)
Lets good more people on and chatting :)
KerLondonLepard: Hey :)
Sleazoid: Hello everyone :)
How are we all today :)
KerLondonLepard: Hello :) I'm fine and u? :)
Sleazoid: I am good thanks. Listening to Hardcore Superstar how about you :)
I have my one day off work in a two week cycle (yay me) and might have a few items arrive of which I purchased from here.
KerLondonLepard: Ohw nice,I am watching TV and I am chatting with my friend now :)
Sleazoid: :) I noticed we have a few more people online tonight which is nice :)
KerLondonLepard: Yeah! I'm so happy for this! :D
KerLondonLepard: But I miss Peter!
KerLondonLepard: hehe...
Sleazoid: hehe. Yeah its hard to replace Peter but I am sure he is really busy.
KerLondonLepard: Yeah! For sure :) he will come back when he can :D
Sleazoid: as long as he is happy and doing what he likes then its cool. He'll be back eventually when he gets a chance. He's probably working on the website or something.
Sleazoid: of course I hope they are all happily working on more music.
KerLondonLepard: we will stay here and wait him :D
KerLondonLepard: :)
Sleazoid: hehe yep :D
KerLondonLepard: :D
KerLondonLepard: I chatted with him so much times and he is very kind :)
miszczurek: yeeees Hardcore Superstar!
miszczurek: sup guyz?
KerLondonLepard: Hey there!

Only registered users can chat!
Please register or login :)

Recent Forum Topics

by PrimalScream91
Oct-19-14 23:37:35
by Kraljosovina
Oct-18-14 23:33:24
by miszczurek
Oct-13-14 14:35:45