Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

The Demo Sessions Download

The Demo Sessions Download

...was released just minutes ago for those who pledged for it!

If you're one of those happy campers who have received it already, feel free to leave your review in this thread. We'd love to hear your thoughts on this release.

//LONDON

Edited by: peterlondon - Oct-02-13 09:44:18

Peter London plankar - det kan du också göra.www.planka.nu

peterlondon
Mr London
useravatar
1810 Posts
91 Points
Male  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: The Demo Sessions Download

Downloading it atm!!!

mail to phone is win current/big_smile

Its hard to light a candle, its easy to curse the dark instead!

Livingdead4life
Source of Chaos and Confusion
useravatar
1064 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

It seems that I've badly missed something important... Damn!

MissHurricane
useravatar
300 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
0 Points

Listening to the demos right now.
So far I'm really enjoying listening to it!

Stephanie
useravatar
18 Posts
Newcomer
0 Points

MissHurricane wrote:

It seems that I've badly missed something important... Damn!

me too current/yikes

laj91
useravatar
284 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Birthday  Website 

checking them out now.. Nearly jumped out of my seat and left work early when I saw the email on my phone. So far I'm liking what I hear, but before I can give a proper review I'll have to listen to them a little closer.

IF you did miss it, then it will be available for download via the webstore soon! So keep your eyes peeled current/wink

Crashdiet American Street Team

U.S.A. Street Team Facebook Page

Justin Kicks
useravatar
269 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
14 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Cornerstone Trippin... really guys?
How do you do that?!!!

love what I hear so far...

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Justin Kicks wrote:

IF you did miss it, then it will be available for download via the webstore soon! So keep your eyes peeled current/wink

Ouch... do want, do want! :-X

MissHurricane
useravatar
300 Posts
0 Points

How many tracks are there?
(track list anyone...?)

glam_junkie
is cooler than you!
useravatar
1002 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
118 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

1. BLACK ROSE
2. CORNERSTONE TRIPPIN’
3. ERASE ME
4. SHE’S NO ANGEL
5. INNOCENCE
6. CHANGE THE WORLD
7. MISS ALRIGHT
8. PSYCHOPATH
9. WOMEN COME, Women go
10. UNFORGETTABLE

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Livingdead4life wrote:

Downloading it atm!!!

Cool, let us know how you like the songs current/smile

Stephanie wrote:

So far I'm really enjoying listening to it!

Glad to hear current/smile

Justin Kicks wrote:

Nearly jumped out of my seat and left work early

That's the spirit! Can't wait to hear what you think about the collection Justin current/smile.

Cheers from a sunny LA! Well, not sunny right now, it's 9PM here. Soon off to the Rainbow - life is good!

Cheers

//LONDON

Peter London plankar - det kan du också göra.www.planka.nu

peterlondon
Mr London
useravatar
1810 Posts
91 Points
Male  Website 

I waaant. Since I wasnt smart enough to get it at the save the tour-thing, I just have to wait patiently till it hits the store. xD

i would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey.

Sheila
grevling
useravatar
3139 Posts
Captain Of The Team
212 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 

I’m really excited about the demos. They are awesome and I’m very happy that they were released. It would have been a pity not to as it’s really great stuff. After listening up and down the whole set yesterday evening and this morning at the bus my fav is still Black Rose closely followed by Cornerstone Trippin’. I love the nasty guitar in Black Rose but most of all it’s Simon’s voice that gives the extra kick. It comes through so true and clear it’s amazing and that goes for all the songs. It’s the perfect combination of sound, rhythm and lyrics that made me fall for Crashdiet in the first place. So thanks a lot for making those pieces of art and beauty available to us. And extra thanks to Simon for the liner notes – very much appreciated! I should really get a “Psychobunny approved” stamp or something just for you guys *G*

I am what I am - go live with it

Psychobunny
The One and Only
useravatar
550 Posts
23 Points

You can pre-order the thing here current/smile. I haven't listened to anything as of yet but I just wonder why do you release these tracks as demos, instead of picking the best (for you guys - the band) to work on them for another album? current/wink I believe it's a good material and when you put it out just as "demos/outtakes" it means that for some reasons it's not good enough for you to release it on a proper album, right? current/smile If that's the case then I understand your decision about these songs!

Edited by: Marmetal - Oct-02-13 15:38:09

http://imageshack.com/a/img12/1289/hrix.jpg

Marmetal
Martin Krüsh
useravatar
3140 Posts
Captain Of The Team
328 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

After listening to this album on repeat since downloading it (I think I’ve been through it 7 times as of right now) I think I am finally able to construct a half assed review.

With the release of “The Demo Collection” Crashdïet have put the “Sleaze” back in Sleaze Rock!

Opening with the Dr. Feelgood-esque track “Black Rose” which some might recognize from the early sessions from “The Savage Playground” Crashdïet really know how to pick the perfect song to open an album, and yes I very much consider this an album. The second track on the album “Cornerstone Trippin’” has been much anticipated by me for the past few years. If you know where to look there is a short clip (maybe 20 seconds) of this song that surfaced around the beginning of the “Generation Wild” era. Simon’s vocals on this song, especially during the bridge are phenomenal. This song is more like a journey because it changes from the beginning to the end. “Erase Me” is another holdover from “The Savage Playground” sessions, some people might recognize this song from a studio clip that was posted early on in the recording process. The studio clip, which showed Martin playing the main riff, began with the words “Too Heavy?” No Martin, not too heavy. Beginning with a rocking riff and cowbell “She’s No Angel” is a rocking song with a catchy chorus. “Innocence” is a haunting little song that is very reminiscent of the early 80’s. Simon’s hazy vocals are great and the chorus is very familiar but I cannot put my finger on it. This song is well on its way to becoming a favorite of mine. My ONLY complaint (if you want to call it that) is that I wish this song was longer, it seems like as soon as it hooks you, its over. But I guess that’s what makes a good song, short and sweet.

The demo version of the opening track on “The Savage Playground,” “Change the World” is nothing less than its mastered counterpart that made it on the final cut. Eric’s drums on this demo are SICK.

Starting off what I would call the “Second Half” of the album is the rocking song “Miss Alright.” With a catchy melody, great breakdown, and a chorus that will be stuck in your head for a long time after listening to it, this song is SINGLE MATERIAL. Beginning with a punk rock bass riff “Psychopath” could be on its way to become a favorite amongst Dïetheadz. The Pre-Chorus and guitar solo is reminiscent of GNR, but the chorus is where this song explodes, very punk rock! “Women Come, Women Go” what to say here… The Opening might throw people off, but after listening through the song a couple of times it is a beautiful little gem, and really stands out. The verses are a bit different but the chorus is really where this song shines, Simon’s vocals are phenomenal. With some nice clean tones throughout the song to a C.C. DeVille-esque solo that harkens back to a time where hairspray ruled the airwaves, this song is a prefect blend of glam and a newer sound that I can’t quite place my finger on. Crashdïet have always had a way with ending albums and this time is no different. Closing out “The Demo Collection” is the unforgettable song “Unforgettable.” I couldn’t pick a better song to close the album. This song takes the listener on a journey and really speaks for itself. For those who are as crazy as me, parts of this song might sound familiar especially the solo. This is because the song was possibly built on an old instrumental demo called "Can't Stop Loving You" which was recorded years ago (I'm not sure of the year, though I've heard around 2006), it is great to hear this song really come into its own and finally get finished. From the opening, bluesy verses, to the rocking chorus followed by the nice bridge and refrain this song has a way of making the listener want to go through the album once again.

“The Demo Collection” while being just that, has quite a few nice little gems that could possibly show up from time to time in a set list and be a crowd favorite. Songs such as “Miss Alright” and “Unforgettable” have the potential to be great singles and it would be a shame to see this album looked at as “just another collection of songs that didn’t make the cut.” 

Don’t take these songs for granted guys; you’ve got some great material here!

Songs like this makes one wonder what gems might still be hiding inside the Crashdïet vault…

//DAKOTA (Or PS91, if you prefer)

Edited by: PrimalScream91 - Oct-02-13 15:57:48

Light come
We’re back against the wall
Time won
We’re held in chainz at dawn

PrimalScream91
Dakota
useravatar
301 Posts
35 Points
Male  Website 

Marmetal wrote:

You can pre-order the thing here current/smile. I haven't listened to anything as of yet but I just wonder why do you release these tracks as demos, instead of picking the best (for you guys - the band) to work on them for another album? current/wink I believe it's a good material and when you put it out just as "demos/outtakes" it means that for some reasons it's not good enough for you to release it on a proper album, right? current/smile If that's the case then I understand your decision about these songs!

Thanks for the link!
I'll pre-order it in a few minutes. I'm pretty broke this month, but music makes me happy. I can't wait to listen to it current/big_smile

laj91
useravatar
284 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Birthday  Website 

laj91 wrote:

Thanks for the link!
I'll pre-order it in a few minutes. I'm pretty broke this month, but music makes me happy. I can't wait to listen to it current/big_smile

You will not regret it. Promise! current/big_smile

If you do something, do it with passion

Crashdïet Streeteam Germany

Muffyn
useravatar
70 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
6 Points

Muffyn wrote:

laj91 wrote:

Thanks for the link!

You will not regret it. Promise! current/big_smile

Awesome current/big_smile I just have to wait now

laj91
useravatar
284 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Birthday  Website 

wow... 169 kr! Pretty pricey for a download but nice stuff to have i guess.

glam_junkie
is cooler than you!
useravatar
1002 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
118 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

glam_junkie wrote:

wow... 169 kr! Pretty pricey for a download but nice stuff to have i guess.

It's definitely worth it! I love these demos!

IzzyReid
useravatar
180 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
0 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
caesar
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
caesar, Paula

Chatterbox

Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
Mcinsanity: Horrible... childish... and u don't have any idea why they treated you like this?
KerLondonLepard: I really don't know but I hate my country....luckily tomorrow I will go to Castelfranco Veneto..
Mcinsanity: oh.. Enjoy then :)
KerLondonLepard: Thank you...<3 I love this blog...I feel at home
Mcinsanity: :)
KerLondonLepard: :D :D anyway! what are u doing now? :D
Mcinsanity: Listening lost horizons, maybe I shouldn't do this, it almost makes me cry... Beautiful song<3 and u?
KerLondonLepard: This song is fantastic <3 I'm chatting and watching TV :D
Mcinsanity: yes<3 :)
KerLondonLepard: <3 <3 hehe
Mcinsanity: Do you listen any other bands?
KerLondonLepard: yeah! mmm Hardcore Superstar,Sister,Hanoi Rocks,Alice Cooper,Guns N' Roses,L.A. Guns,Skid Row and other...mmm Pretty boy Floyd :D
KerLondonLepard: and u? :D
Mcinsanity: oh wow :D Reckless love, Santa cruz, Lovex, Sturm und drang...
KerLondonLepard: :D :D
Sleazoid: Goodnight everyone, have a great day where ever you all may be.
KerLondonLepard: Hey there!
madcandy: Hey :)
KerLondonLepard: hey how are u? :3
madcandy: fine ^_^ and you?
KerLondonLepard: Fine :) thanks
Mcinsanity: hey! :)
KerLondonLepard: hey :D
Mcinsanity: How are u?
KerLondonLepard: I'm fine thank you,and you? :)
Mcinsanity: annoyed... After last week holiday, school started today :(
KerLondonLepard: ohw :( poor :(
KerLondonLepard: I am waiting Peter cause I can order any stuff :)
Mcinsanity: oh, what stuff? :P (have i asked this already?)
KerLondonLepard: I am waiting that he will come back online
KerLondonLepard: hey there :)
KerLondonLepard: Hello :)
Mcinsanity: Hey! :)
KerLondonLepard: hey :D
Luana.Crow: hey.
KerLondonLepard: how are u? :)

Only registered users can chat!
Please register or login :)

Recent Forum Topics

by Marmetal
Today 15:49:15