Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Love Songs

Love Songs

So, I actually wanted to make this thread for a while already (I swear), and despite thinking Valentines Day is just a capitalist invention I'm still going to make this a thing at this time of year. yep! current/big_smile We had sad songs, we had summer songs, we had cheer up songs! NOW:: share your favourite love songs! current/big_smile

some of mine:

Placebo: Post Blue
Buzzcocks: Ever Fallen in Love (probably my all time favourite)
Man Man: Skin Tension
Billy Talent: Surrender
Aerosmith: I don't wanna miss a thing (I know. cheesy as fuck.)
Paddy Goes To Holyhead: Love Song No. 90
Gogol Bordello: Pala Tute
The Raconteurs: Blue Veins
Rancid: Corazon D'Oro
HIM: Sleepwalking Past Hope
Crashdiet: Excited
REM: Losing my Religion
Shotgun Express: Angel without Wings

since like 90% of all sogs seem to be about love I know there must be tons more but these I remember just like that current/smile

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Love Songs

Some of my favorites are Skid Row-I remember you
                       Black n Blue-Miss Mystery
                       Great White-Save Your Love
                        L.A. Guns-The Ballad Of Jayne
                        Loud n Nasty-Annie 
                        Cinderella-Nobodys Fool
                        Reckless Love-Hot Rain
                        Journey-Faithfully
                        RATT-Givin Yourself Away
                        Danger Danger-I Still Think About You
                         Keel-Calm Before The Storm

RATT88
useravatar
20 Posts
Newcomer
0 Points
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

I so don't have any romantic bones in my body (but still making hand made chocolate to give my husband tomorrow o.O , hmmm.), and don't usually like love songs (too mellow).

Anyway here is my list:

Metallica: Nothing Else Matters (Played in our japanese style wedding. The ultimate love song for me.)
Aerosmith: Can't Stop Loving You
Billy Idol: Catch My Fall
Alice Cooper: You And Me
Black Stone Cherry: Hell And High Water
Blackrain: Nobody But You
Sentenced: You Are The One
Ramones: Baby, I Love You
Vains Of Jenna: Paper Heart (Maybe about a broken heart though, not so much love, love, love current/smile )

katribear
useravatar
68 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
43 Points

The first one that comes to mind is Tom Keifer - Thick and thin.
I love that man.

i would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey.

Sheila
grevling
useravatar
3139 Posts
Captain Of The Team
197 Points
Female  Birthday  Website 

katribear wrote:

Metallica: Nothing Else Matters (Played in our japanese style wedding. The ultimate love song for me.)

This! The best love song without using the actual "love" word and those cheap lyrics found in many power ballads. And it's so universal, you can interpret it in so many ways, it can describe relationship, friendship or whatever you want. Absolute timeless classic and probably the best rock ballad ever written. Funny that it wasn't even supposed to be a Metallica song, heh. I'm impressed it was played on your wedding, that's the way to go, wow! current/cool

http://imageshack.com/a/img12/1289/hrix.jpg

Marmetal
Martin Krüsh
useravatar
3139 Posts
Captain Of The Team
301 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

katribear wrote:

I so don't have any romantic bones in my body (but still making hand made chocolate to give my husband tomorrow o.O , hmmm.), and don't usually like love songs (too mellow).

I'm like that too, my long term ex-boyfriend used to give me flowers sometimes and I was mostly embaressed by it and my idea of a movie night is probably something like Dogma rather than chick flicks haha.
But I have to disagree about love songs being mellow. I mean many are, but thats because many artists are mellow, but coming from good artist.. I mean take a song like I don't want to miss a thing, it IS horribly kitchy and cheesy, but when you are in love you do really feel that way that you could watch someone sleeping all night. it's a powerful feeling and therfore inspires powerful songs.

As for nothing else matters, yeah I agree. One of the few metallica songs I like actually.I didn't know it wasn't meant to be a metallica song, but I'm not too surprised, I've heard cover versions I prefer over the original. Not the hugest fan of his voice. (sorry Martin... )

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

My favorite love songs:
L.A. Guns - The Ballad of Jane
Crashdiet - Excited and Women Come Women Go
Extreme - More Than Words
Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight
Phil Collins - You'll Be In My Heart
Mötley Crüe - Without You
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
Hardline - Everything
Warrant - Heaven
Scorpions - Still Loving You
Cinderella - Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone)
Aerosmith - Lay it Down
Skid Row - 18 and Life
Bon Jovi - Bed of Roses
Sixx:A.M. - Smile
Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
...and more haha

Judd
useravatar
101 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
177 Points

Depends on what is meant with love song. Most of the love songs I like are based upon on love for other things than the usual Butterflystomach crush songs.
I guess Metallica - Nothing Else Matters, Nick Cave - Deanna and Rolling Stones - Angie would be favourites when it comes to more classical love songs.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

GunsNCrüeSWE
I am of my father the devil...
useravatar
1227 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
9 Points
Male  Website 

mrs v. viper wrote:

As for nothing else matters, yeah I agree. One of the few metallica songs I like actually.I didn't know it wasn't meant to be a metallica song, but I'm not too surprised, I've heard cover versions I prefer over the original. Not the hugest fan of his voice. (sorry Martin... )

Fair enough Anna, I forgive you current/tongue. But to me no one can sing Metallica songs better than James. And yes, he wrote it mostly for himself, with no intention of making a Metallica tune from it. Then Lars heard it and he instantly knew it's a unique and amazing material current/smile. So they recorded it together current/wink.

Marmetal
Martin Krüsh
useravatar
3139 Posts
Captain Of The Team
301 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

mrs v. viper wrote:

katribear wrote:

I'm like that too, my long term ex-boyfriend used to give me flowers sometimes and I was mostly embaressed by it and my idea of a movie night is probably something like Dogma rather than chick flicks haha.
But I have to disagree about love songs being mellow. I mean many are, but thats because many artists are mellow, but coming from good artist.. I mean take a song like I don't want to miss a thing, it IS horribly kitchy and cheesy, but when you are in love you do really feel that way that you could watch someone sleeping all night. it's a powerful feeling and therfore inspires powerful songs.

Oh my God, I feel you girls so much, haha. It's nice to see that I'm not the only woman in this world that doesn't really enjoy all those typically romantic gestures, sweet names etc. At least SOMEONE can't say anymore I'm too tough current/tongue However I do enjoy even those cheesy love songs when I'm in the right mood (and if I respect their author at least a bit of course, just like Anna says), so here's my list current/smile

Sixx:A.M. - Permission (I've been listening to this one recently all days and nights long, don't know why but I simply love it)
Tom Waits - All The World Is Green
Crashdïet - Excited
Velvet Revolver - Fall To Pieces
Nine Inch Nails - Something I Can Never Have (alright, pretty much depressive one, very strong though)
Automatic Loveletter - Black Ink Revenge
Bebe - Siempre me quedará
Mark Lanegan - Don't Forget Me
Guns N Roses - Don't Cry
Scorpions - Still Loving You
Lucy Schwartz - Feeling Of Being

MissHurricane
useravatar
300 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
0 Points

MissHurricane wrote:

Oh my God, I feel you girls so much, haha. It's nice to see that I'm not the only woman in this world that doesn't really enjoy all those typically romantic gestures, sweet names etc. At least SOMEONE can't say anymore I'm too tough  However I do enjoy even those cheesy love songs when I'm in the right mood (and if I respect their author at least a bit of course, just like Anna says), so here's my list 

Totally agree with all of you haha!

mrs v. viper wrote:

Crashdiet: Excited
REM: Losing my Religion

Some of my favourites too current/smile

My list:
Dire Straits - Romeo and Juliet
The Sounds - Hurt The Ones I Love
Secondhand Serenade - Your Call
Heart - Alone
Daughtry - Life After You
Eagle-Eye Cherry - Save Tonight
HIM - Wicked Game
Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply
Amaranthe - Amaranthine
Halestorm - Beautiful With You
KISS - I Still Love You
KISS - Forever
Volbeat - I Only Wanna Be With You
Guns ''N' Roses - Don't Cry
W.A.S.P. - Hold On To My Heart

If you love me like music
I'll be you're song

Mz. Hyde
useravatar
215 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
66 Points
Female  Website 

MissHurricane wrote:

too tough

I hate this bit. I get the "not girly enough, too cold, ect" shit all the time. I used to struggle with that idea because I always felt I'm actually more sensitive than many. it took me a while to figure out that I am just as romantic as anyone else, it just shows itself in a different way. I might not like roses and kitchy songs playing at candle light dinners, and I have a bit of a problem with pdas haha, but instead I have this Bonnie & Clyde ideal of strolling run down towns with someone, getting totally pissed without having to be ashamed the next morning and eating at take away places at midnight, probably freezing as hell. I think that is romantic too. Many of the girls I know are very much about setting boundaries aswell, and I always thought that to be "too tough". Like this "if he doesn't treat me like xxxx he can aswell piss off" kinda thing. People use to tell me to give up on people because they don't treat me perfectly, but thats not what I am about. Everyone makes mistakes and love for me is about forgiveness. So shut about me being "too tough", or "unromantic".

getting too off topic tho. Adding these to my list:

Social Distortion - Writing on the Wall
Hanoi Rocks - Million Miles Away
Alice in Chains - Love, Hate, Love

Edited by: mrs v. viper - Feb-17-14 20:30:37

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Too off topic indeed, I couldn't say it better though current/smile Thanks for sharing your opinion on this.

I also have few more I remembered today so here they are:

Buckcherry - Bliss
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Love Burns
Lady Gaga - Yöu And I
Todd Kerns - Indian Summer

:3

MissHurricane
useravatar
300 Posts
A Kid From The Underground
0 Points

mrs v. viper  wrote:

I might not like roses and kitchy songs playing at candle light dinners, and I have a bit of a problem with pdas haha, but instead I have this Bonnie & Clyde ideal of strolling run down towns with someone, getting totally pissed without having to be ashamed the next morning and eating at take away places at midnight, probably freezing as hell. I think that is romantic too.

Yes, maybe a little off topic, but it's good to break the rules sometimes. current/wink For me, the most romantic gesture would be, that my husband would wash the dishes without whining about it. current/big_smile

MissHurricane wrote:

At least SOMEONE can't say anymore I'm too tough

I don't think anyone has ever said me tough. current/big_smile It seems that I'm one of those girls that you take one look at and feel the irresistible need to protect. (Here one of those smilies that hit their head on the wall.) Ok, I get I might look a bit delicate, but it doesn't really correlate with my personality.

Addings to my list:

Mötorhead: Love Me Forever
Shotgun Messiah: I'm Your Love
Pat Benatar: Promises In The Dark
Lynam: If You Leave
Lullacry: Into Your Heart
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts: Desire
The Damned: Love Song
(There are many others too, but you all have all ready said them and I don't want to be repetitive.) current/smile

katribear
useravatar
68 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
43 Points

katribear wrote:

For me, the most romantic gesture would be, that my husband would wash the dishes without whining about it. current/big_smile

Haha, that made me laugh because it means I'd be a very romantic person for you (I wash dishes every day without complaining) current/lol.

Marmetal
Martin Krüsh
useravatar
3139 Posts
Captain Of The Team
301 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

Marmetal wrote:

katribear wrote:

For me, the most romantic gesture would be, that my husband would wash the dishes without whining about it. current/big_smile

Haha, that made me laugh because it means I'd be a very romantic person for you (I wash dishes every day without complaining) current/lol.

Oh, I love you already, will you marry me? Just kidding! current/tongue I love my husband and would not change him for anyone else in this world. Even if he has this little flaw of making a much ado about the household chores.
You seem very nice person though, I hope you can find someone who can appreciate you as you are. And yes, no fussiness in the washing dishes part is very nice quality in a man! current/big_smile

More love songs for my list (even though the Valantine's day is over, and even though I'm not a romantic person at heart. current/tongue ):

L.A. Guns - Ballad Of Jayne
Judas Priest - Prisoner Of Your Eyes
Opeth - Face Of Melinda
In Flames - Evil In A Closet

katribear
useravatar
68 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
43 Points

I want to throw

The Quitreboys: Have a drink with me
No Doubt: Don't speak (classic!)
and Superheavy: I don't Mind

in here aswell...

Instagram//blog//work

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5236 Posts
85 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 

I think that Biffy Clyro's Many Of Horror could land in this topic. Had more on my mind so I might post some titles soon.

katribear wrote:

Marmetal wrote:

Oh, I love you already, will you marry me? Just kidding! current/tongue I love my husband and would not change him for anyone else in this world. Even if he has this little flaw of making a much ado about the household chores.
You seem very nice person though, I hope you can find someone who can appreciate you as you are. And yes, no fussiness in the washing dishes part is very nice quality in a man! current/big_smile

Haha, that really made me smile, thank you! current/big_smile Very flattering, if only more people would think like that, heh current/smile. I don't think I'll ever get married though so your husband can feel safe and sound current/wink.

Marmetal
Martin Krüsh
useravatar
3139 Posts
Captain Of The Team
301 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
madcandy
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Chatterbox

Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
Danny Oliveira: nothing heheh I didn't do to school and i'm in home doing nothing hahaha
Danny Oliveira: and u ?
Mcinsanity: haha, I was at the record shop ;)
KerLondonLepard: Heyyy girls! :D
Mcinsanity: hey!!! :)
Mcinsanity: how are u?
KerLondonLepard: Here I am! hehe I'm fine and you? :D
Mcinsanity: Yeah! I'm fine! :)
KerLondonLepard: :D
Mcinsanity: I only found Savage playground at the record shop today, but I'm still very happy! :D
Mcinsanity: By the way, why I can't see u online?
KerLondonLepard: Try reloading the page!
Mcinsanity: Oh, yes ! :D
KerLondonLepard: :D
KerLondonLepard: I'm angry :c
Mcinsanity: oh no, why?
KerLondonLepard: because I live in a small country and the people whenever she sees me talking bad about me...I don't know why..:(
Mcinsanity: what kind of bad? Only one people? sorry, i didn't get
KerLondonLepard: my ex classmates...
KerLondonLepard: when I went to the school no one spoke with me...
KerLondonLepard: I was always alone,honey..
Mcinsanity: Horrible... childish... and u don't have any idea why they treated you like this?
KerLondonLepard: I really don't know but I hate my country....luckily tomorrow I will go to Castelfranco Veneto..
Mcinsanity: oh.. Enjoy then :)
KerLondonLepard: Thank you...<3 I love this blog...I feel at home
Mcinsanity: :)
KerLondonLepard: :D :D anyway! what are u doing now? :D
Mcinsanity: Listening lost horizons, maybe I shouldn't do this, it almost makes me cry... Beautiful song<3 and u?
KerLondonLepard: This song is fantastic <3 I'm chatting and watching TV :D
Mcinsanity: yes<3 :)
KerLondonLepard: <3 <3 hehe
Mcinsanity: Do you listen any other bands?
KerLondonLepard: yeah! mmm Hardcore Superstar,Sister,Hanoi Rocks,Alice Cooper,Guns N' Roses,L.A. Guns,Skid Row and other...mmm Pretty boy Floyd :D
KerLondonLepard: and u? :D
Mcinsanity: oh wow :D Reckless love, Santa cruz, Lovex, Sturm und drang...
KerLondonLepard: :D :D

Only registered users can chat!
Please register or login :)

Recent Forum Topics

by Kraljosovina
Yesterday 08:08:22
by Kraljosovina
Oct-18-14 23:33:24
by miszczurek
Oct-13-14 14:35:45
by Sleazoid
Oct-12-14 04:55:08