Forgot password? | Forgot username?

Memories Related To Crashdiet Songs

Memories Related To Crashdiet Songs

Thread like this might be all ready existing, but I couldn't find one, so starting a new one. current/smile

So the idea of this thread is to tell about your memories which are related to Crashdiet songs.

I have a bit weir way of linking songs with memories, (I think I have all ready told about it at some point), so don't take my examples as examples. Write the type of memories you have. current/wink Anything goes.

Here is just a few examples (I'm writing between doing various household chores, so I don't really have that much time.):

It's A Miracle: Every time I hear this song, I remember how I woke up in the middle of the night in our old house. It's really dark, and I'm all alone, because my husband hasn't gotten back from work, and I feel really sad and alone.

In The Raw: This song reminds me of the day when I was in an underground CD shop with my husband when I was pregnant with my first son.

Die Another Day: The memory going with this song goes like this. It's winter time, and I'm driving our car using this short cut which goes between rice fields. It's all ready sunset, my husband and my older son, who at the time was just a baby, are sleeping in the back seat. The air is all golden and you can see the shadow of Mt. Fuji in the horizon - which looks like it's on fire, because the wind is blowing the snow on top of it - while the sun is setting behind it. I have a picture of Mt. Fuji, taken from our balcony, in which the mountain looks bretty much the same as in my memory. Lets see if I can attach it to this post.

http://playground.crashdiet.org/images/agorapro/attachments/14390/mini_Mt.JPG

I have other memories too, but will leave them for later day...

Attachments:
katribear
useravatar
65 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
326 Points
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Memories Related To Crashdiet Songs

nice thread current/big_smile

It's a miracle, Breaking the chainz, Knokk em Down, and Riot all remind me alot of my 2009 6 week roadtrip through scandinavia. I only had so much space on my music player, and those were the crash songs I squeezed on there. needless to say we played them nonstop.

Caugt in despair reminds me of the feelings I had when seriously battling social phobia. It was encouraging at the time, but today reminds me how afraid I was so I don't enjoy it that much anymore. Also my first time ever seeing Crashdiet live, because they played it there.

Out of Line reminds me of "the good old times" with my highschool friends. Lots of illegally attended punkrock shows, getting drunk and weed involved haha.

Overnight is odd for me, I related to it strongly remembering the day i found out one of my closest friends when I was 14 had killed himself, mostly because I ofc knew the people who wrote it went through the same thing. It later became a happier song for me, marking the day I got into art school.

So Alive reminds me of my friends, esp. Eva who I met through this board and all the adventures we had together so far.

I have some very special memories connected to Excited, but I won't sahre these, haha, sorry!

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5227 Posts
1447 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Out Of Line would be the CrashDiet song Which holds the strongest memories... But I really don't want to tell ya'll 'bout it.
Overnight as well.

When Generation Wild came out I was just a mediocre guitarist and couldn't figure out the twin guitars on the intro. So I have memories of my father sitting at our grand piano figuring out the intro in like 3 seconds. But he liked the song so he played it all evening.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

GunsNCrüeSWE
I am of my father the devil...
useravatar
1218 Posts
Diehard Dïetist
1107 Points
Male  Website 

I just finished listening Rest In Sleaze (haven't listened it a while) and got this horrendous image of a butt crack of one of the moving company emplyee who helped us to move eight years ago, from one of the songs (I had forgotten that I associate our moving with this particular song). I won't say the name of the song, because the power of imagination is so great and I don't want to ruin this great song for anybody else. I just hate when good songs get tarnished with unwanted memories. current/sad

katribear
useravatar
65 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
326 Points

This thread is great! I loved to read previous posts current/smile
I have many memories related to Crashdïet songs. Some of them are happy and funny, some of them are very sad, but let's do this anyway.

Cocaine Cowboys, Queen Obscene: Every time I hear these two songs they remind me of my best friend and our highway car trip. She wanted me to make a mix-CD before we set out and I decided for Cowboys and Queen Obscene besides many other songs from various artists like Slash, Airbourne, Diemonds etc... It was basically a speeding soundtrack. Right at the start of our trip the CD got stuck inside the player so we were listening to it over and over again for few hundred kilometres. We were lucky that we arrived alive and didn't get any ticket.

It's a Miracle: This song is related to the quite fresh memory... I'm in my best friend's house, all alone because she's on holidays with her husband and kids (I always go there to take care about their dogs and cats). It's already after midnight, the house is very quiet and dark, the only light comes from the fireplace. My favourite dog is lying on her back next to me and one of the cats is cuddled on my lap. Normally it would be a very happy, calm and peaceful moment for me but this time I'm crying my eyes out, heartbroken after the conversation which probably caused I'm not in touch with the person I love very much anymore. Sad one.

Rebel: It reminds me about the day when my friend took me on his chopper to check the appartment I'm currently living at. One of my flatmates told me few weeks after that I looked like some rebel (black leather motorcycle jacket and ripped jeans ftw) and they used to call me "Tough Bitch" when they were talking about me because they couldn't remember my name. My flatmates are hillarious current/big_smile I guess there's also the sound of roaring engine at the beginning of the song working with my imagination.

I think I'm gonna leave the rest for another occasion, this could be anough for now current/smile

MissHurricane
useravatar
295 Posts
Catchy Little Clementine
1673 Points

katribear wrote:

I just finished listening Rest In Sleaze (haven't listened it a while) and got this horrendous image of a butt crack of one of the moving company emplyee who helped us to move eight years ago, from one of the songs (I had forgotten that I associate our moving with this particular song). I won't say the name of the song, because the power of imagination is so great and I don't want to ruin this great song for anybody else. I just hate when good songs get tarnished with unwanted memories. current/sad

hahahaha current/big_smile that's actually pretty hilarious!

☽ O ☾     War, children, is just a shot away.
Instagram//blog//work
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

mrs v. viper
Anna
useravatar
5227 Posts
1447 Points
Male  Birthday  Website 
There is 1 guest and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
goldtecgimmer
Members Online: