Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » beautïful

I deem it an interesting song and like the look of the video very much. Also I'm glad there's the twist in the end end. I'ts suitable for the topic. No pun intended.

Jan-16-13 20:33:45
Random fact 'bout yourself
Category: Off Topic
Forum: Off-topic

I'm quite a nature-boy. I love wildlife as much as wild life.

Fhina wrote:

At least I can say that I am a nice and honest person

That are good qualities with priority to me. And if one can stand the strange, that's always a plus. current/tongue

Jan-14-13 18:04:10
Forum: Music lovers

Alice Cooper - Trash

Jan-02-13 19:49:52

Saw the movie yesterday (also in hdf3d of course) and was so frikkin' amazed, am still at a loss of words. It was so... beatiful and fantastic. I loved everything, from the actings, lots of backgroundinformation, the implementation of songs and subplots and the design to the use of special effects. With the protagonists having to face multiple main foes the narative seemed to be less linear than in lotr. They really used the freedoms gained through establishing the franchise over the years in a positve way. And yeah, the Gollumscene is truly the great climax of this masterpiece.

There even were a few cuts in some scenes that indicate extensions in the special edition, like when Gandalf holds his monologue about Bilbo, with his back to Galadriel standing some feet away and in the next sequence they're facing each other as she takes his hands. And I expect to see how the dwarves survived being smashed between the clff and the giants knee (when the mountains started to attack each other out of nowhere I thought fuck, where does this trip come from?).

But one thing sucked and that was when they went down the path to Rivendell and the lights went on midsequence and pop music started playing through the ten minute long intermission. That really pissed me of. I wish they would've timed it better and chose suitable music, like songs of the soundtrack. Considering what amazing cinemas they build for all that fancy 3d and IMM 23.1 sound technology that shouldn't be too hard.

Dec-17-12 21:15:39

All your latest posts here are very interesting and I can relate to much you folks wrote.

I like the strangest kinds of people.

And I just bought one cellphone in my life, used and cheap on ebay, all my others were gifts. Most of them didn't even have a coloured display. Never was into cellphones or other electronics, me. I'm kinda shocked by the kids I see each other day in the bus, sitting together while abusing facebook, just talking what the others wrote on their profile and what they will write back any second. I always think maybe there IS something about all that end of the world talk after all then.

Dec-09-12 12:58:27

mrs v. viper wrote:

even so, they won't "make up" something totally off. I mean they all have read all those stuff, they won't completely turn it around, and there actually are a ton of hints in the appendix...

Yeah, I expect some new material following the narrative of the content available. Is there much in the appendices regarding events during the The Hobbit timespan?

It's funny how that movie evolved. I think it was when Del Toro was still directing the project that he said, they had to add lots of new stuff, 'cause the book was too short, and a second, all made up, movie was planned which should cover the time between The Hobbit and LotR. In development they skipped that idea, admitting that The Hobbit has enough details for two movies, which eventually became three.

Did anyone see the two british middle earth fan films The Hunt for Gollum and Born of Hope? Well done stuff, based on hints and appendices of LotR, with looks and design similiar to the Peter Jackon adaptions.

Dec-08-12 16:38:45

I remember having read they would fill the story with additional storylines and such (for example when Gandalf leaves the group), but with no material of other Tolkin books like Silmarillion 'cause they don't have legal rights for them, just for The Hobbit and LotR. So there's new stuff to expect.

And I agree with mrs. viper that changing things in adaptions isn't a bad thing. Movies and books are different mediums, so they have a different approach regarding storytelling. While in a book one person tells the story, making a film involves countless people, writers, directors, actors, designers, etc., whose interpretations of the story have to interact. It's a very organic affair. Things like building tensions or athmospheres work very different if you have to show what's happening or if you describe it. And in writings you can place subplots and minor characters more easily, because the reader can take his time, while it gets harder and harder for the audience to concentrate the longer and messier a movie is.

And the people involved in The Hobbit did a great job adapting with LotR, holding on to the main story and visualizing the world alike, so I've huge expectations (especially after what I saw in the production videos).

Kraljosovina wrote:

We're not the only ones excited that's for sure current/big_smile...

Looks like he's already on his way to Hobbington!

Dec-07-12 14:29:30

I turn the volume down, so that it's barely possible to hear, but very soothing. I'd fall asleep from exhaustion if I try concentrating on it.

Dec-07-12 09:30:57

I always listen to music when falling asleep.

And even if I just have a few bucks, I'll spend half of it on CDs, even if I'll get hungry because of it. May be an unhealthy obsession, but it keeps the stone rolling.

Dec-06-12 20:46:52

Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction and Backyard Babies - Making Enemies Is Good

Dec-06-12 20:41:46

I like booze mixed with sweet stuff. My favorite drink at the moment is vodka with clear lemonade. I think pure booze tastes disgusting.

But my alltime favorite drink is absinth. I know there's never enough thujon in it to have an actual effect, but somehow it feels different compared to the average alcohol flush. Maybe it's just about the taste or some essential oils of the herbs used. And I never get blackouts by it, no matter how much I drink. I even have strange memories of a period of time I drank it mixed with energy drink. Then it's nothing to relish anymore but a strong upper.

Dec-06-12 20:14:44

Ordinary people call me insane, but that's okay 'cause I call them insane, too.

And I'm living in a town proud of it's annual pug race.

Morgue wrote:

So I guess "hello" everyone current/smile

Hello current/smile I'm not used to use forums either. Don't even use chat messenger programs.

Dec-06-12 11:19:28

I will definitly watch the movies in cinema on new year's day, like the LotR movies, no matter what. I got deeply excited when I heard that Peter Jackson will direct the Hobbit films as well. He put so much heart in LotR; seems to be pretty serious about that middle earth stuff. The crew in front and behind the camera was great too. The trilogy really looked like it was shot on location in that fantasy world.

I did start to read the books once, but got bored during the second one and never finished. Maybe I'll get through them one day. I think I listened to them as an earbook some time ago, along with the hobbit, when I was really ill. Actually two times if I remember correctly. But I can't concentrate on earbooks so luckily there's much that can be refreshed in my memory during the movies.

Grew to love the whole fantasy genre through Peter Jackson's LotR.

//edit: Can't wait for the special editions even though I haven't seen the cinematic versions yet. (Regarding The Hobbit that is.)  current/big_smile

Dec-04-12 19:04:20

I get scared and confused when complimented.

Dec-04-12 18:25:46

I was tempted to buy an Appetite / Lies box set last weekend, but didn't due to lack of the most desirable thing on earth. Still remains on my to buy list. I wish I hadn't buyed so much black metal shit in the past.

But I have to agree with you. Great stuff, Appetite for Destruction.

Dec-04-12 17:36:17

That's actually pretty embarrassing 'cause it was Nena feat. Nena, when I was just a chubby troubled, but wrongly troubled, kid. Luckily I quickly grew to hate it.

99 Luftballons auf ihrem Weg zum Horizont, lalala...

Dec-04-12 17:10:12

That kind of dubbing is actually pretty funny. Expecially if you hear the original underneath and the voice actor doesn't give a fuck about lipsynching.

The first rock album I bought back in the days was Rasmus' Peep.

Dec-04-12 08:08:47

I hate dubbed movies. Always have to watch the OVs. Even if the voice actors and translators did good jobs, it freakes me out to see actors act but speaking with a different voice in the wrong language. Really scary.

Dec-02-12 17:26:11

Yeah? I thought with the flames in the background and being overly colourful it fits perfectly between the two other ones, in a wicked way current/wink current/big_smile

Dec-02-12 16:57:14

http://www.whitedwarfrock.com/media/images/popup/jexthoth_totem.jpg

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID5021/images/TheArtofTellingLies.jpg

http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/ferguson/spinal-tap/smell-the-glove.gif
There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

• Index
  • » Users
  • » beautïful

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
PowerAnguris