Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » MNGlambassist

Aug-27-13 07:48:50
Category: Off Topic
Forum: Off-topic

I'm shocked my neighbors handled my new bass amp well, I can't bring it in the house the amp wont fit down stairs so it stays in the garage.  Major stressed out about court that shouldn't even be happening in the first place.

Aug-27-13 07:42:51
Random fact 'bout yourself

mrs v. viper wrote:

^ that sounds really great! always kudos to the people who help make music happening!
what else do you do if you do not mind me asking?

Thank you! It is fun wish I could do it for a living but I'm happy with what I got.  In 5 years seeing 50 percent of the country is pretty awesome.  I also just got a band going where I play bass. I've also gotten into photography and filming live shows.  Still working it out and trying to find out how to photograph a national band.  Outside of music there isn't much other than I love going to airshows and building model planes.  I've tried flying the remote control planes but they crash in less then a minute. Also dabble in ventriloquism.  It seems to be rare to find those that have no problem assisting the musicians but I love it.  Personally its a better feeling then playing live. The band sounds good and the fans love it and go crazy then I'm happy.  As far as my job goes I work through a temp service and get paid vacations.  Only reason that stops me from actually getting hired on at a company full time.  I only tour once or twice a year so its not real long.

I have no idea how to quote more than one person but thanks for the kudos Marmetal!

Aug-26-13 19:18:46

riKki reKkless wrote:

MNGlambassist wrote:

riKki reKkless wrote:

MNGlambassist wrote:

out of the 3 bands I drum tech for I'm one of the last ones to show up.

Drum tech… is it your main job? Which bands are you working for/with?

Sadly it's not my main job. I drum tech for Eldergaad and Impaler. The other one is just a local cover band.

Sounds cool. How long are you doing it yet?

I've been with Eldergaad since they formed since it's the same drummer as Impaler and I've been with Impaler for 5 years. I've been all over the US with Impaler, two months before I came in they were in Europe for the first time for a month.

Aug-26-13 19:11:30

riKki reKkless wrote:

MNGlambassist wrote:

out of the 3 bands I drum tech for I'm one of the last ones to show up.

Drum tech… is it your main job? Which bands are you working for/with?

Sadly it's not my main job. I drum tech for Eldergaad and Impaler. The other one is just a local cover band.

Aug-26-13 19:09:49
Forum: Music lovers

Vinnie Vincent Invasion-That Time of Year

Aug-26-13 11:08:24

Not sure who has heard of this band but I have been their drum tech for 5 years and once and awhile I'm the poor victim who dies at the end of the show.  Been around since 83 and released Rise of the Mutants and If We had Brains We'd be Dangerous on Combat Records if you've seen the film Trick or Treat you may have seen the record cover in one of the scenes.
https://www.facebook.com/impalershockrock
http://playground.crashdiet.org/images/agorapro/attachments/14278/mini_album19986.jpg

Aug-26-13 10:54:46
Category: CRASHDÏET Matters
Forum: Exposed

after teasing it and using hairspray when you blow dry it tilt your head upside down.  Works like a charm for me and usually comes out good. Be patient, I have obnoxiously thick hair so it takes some time to get it up.

Aug-26-13 10:52:49

My music taste can be very random, I can listen to hard rock then next minute I can listen to pop music(mostly 80's and 90's) then I can put in black metal,  out of the 3 bands I drum tech for I'm one of the last ones to show up. Whenever I'm on a trip I always no matter what have to have a cigar.  I can't wear the same pair od socks two days in a row. My first concert was not a rock or metal show but my mom took me to see the Spice Girls in 97 and I'm not ashamed to admit that. I'm also very shy and when meeting new people even online I get the shakes really bad at times.

Aug-24-13 16:32:54

What was your favorite food when you were a child?
-Pizza
    What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod?
-Sixx:Am Life is Beautiful
    What is one of your favorite quotes?
-"If my balls were on your chin where would my d**k be"-Nikki Sixx
    What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
indoor-Sleeping Outdoor-airshows
    What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Laundry
    What is your favorite form of exercise?
Biking
    What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
sunset and favorite day is Halloween, month October, Year 2009
    What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?
-flying
    What is your favorite body part?
-eyes
    What sound do you love?
-fighter jet engine
    If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for?
-it would be a 80's Sunset Strip reminiscence. 
    If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint?
Sunrise over the ocean
    If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
    If you knew the world was ending in 2012, what would you do differently?
nothing
    If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
my grandmother, the only one I really go to for advice
    If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
not sure
    If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
fly planes
    If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be?
finish my model planes that are just sitting around
    If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?
put on the corpse paint and go to the local supermarket
    If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
I'm fine with it since most family and friends call me by my nickname
    If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
can't pick just one
    If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
pay off debt, go to Disneyworld and ride haunted mansion all day
    If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be?
not sure
    If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
N/A
    If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
the wolfman
    Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
Chumlee
    What do you want to be when you grow up?
journalist
    When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
play bass or work on a model plane
    What would you name the autobiography of your life?
not sure
    What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?

Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
O.D.
    What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to?
wasn't really a party but some friends surprised me last year on my birthday and took me out to eat
    What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
not sure but could pick a song, anytime I hear November Rain live always makes me tear up.
    What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
getting out of debt
    What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
left my old band due to negative influences
    What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
not doing school work
    When was the last time you had an amazing meal?
last week, treated my grandma for her birthday to a steak meal
    What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
Best gift was my left handed Les Paul for my 14th birthday, worst gift anytime i get clothes,best gift ive given was paid a doctor bill for my dad
    What do you miss most about being a kid?
not having to work a full time job
    What is your first memory of being really excited?
Seeing Guns N Roses on Mtv
    What was the first thing you bought with your own money?
a Spice Girls cd( yes i did that when they were huge and actually still like their music.)
    When was the last time you were nervous?
getting my cat tattooed with his ashes in the ink.
    What is something you learned in the last week?
how a web printing press works
    What story does your family always tell about you?
that i was obsessed with Top Gun
    At what age did you become an adult?
still haven't grown up even at 28. hahaha

Aug-24-13 15:56:24

1. Guns N Roses-Appetite for Destruction
2. Motley Crue-Shout At The Devil
3.Van Halen-Van Halen
4. Hanoi Rocks-Oriental Beast
5. Pretty Boy Floyd-Leather Boyz With Electric Toyz.

damn top 5's top 10 would be way easier.

Aug-23-13 05:37:02
Topic: Peter?
Category: CRASHDÏET Matters
Forum: Exposed

here's a few from seeing them in March. Sorry there's two with more than just Peter they look cool though.

http://playground.crashdiet.org/images/agorapro/attachments/14278/mini_IMG-0645.JPG

http://playground.crashdiet.org/images/agorapro/attachments/14278/mini_IMG-0640.JPG

http://playground.crashdiet.org/images/agorapro/attachments/14278/mini_IMG-0644.JPG

http://playground.crashdiet.org/images/agorapro/attachments/14278/mini_IMG-0631.JPG

new layout is amazing.  Haven't really looked around much.  Chat feature is pretty cool but for those of us that are new haven't had a chance to use it yet.  Posting on forum seems a lot smoother.

Aug-23-13 05:28:55

picked me up a Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II bass head.

Aug-23-13 05:13:27

Faster Pussycat- Babylon

izzie wrote:

MNGlambassist wrote:

asked a friend if there is any good sleaze rock bands around and she should me Rest In Sleaze and Generation Wild. Being I refuse to copy or download records as I like to have the artwork with it I was only able to find the Savage Playground at a local record shop grabbed the last copy while I waited for the other two records to arrive after ordering them from Amazon.  Saw the band a week later and was hooked.

There are three more records you know

I am aware of it. Got them shortly after.

Jul-29-13 01:28:11
Don't be shy :)
Forum: New Members

Sheila wrote:

Welcome current/big_smile You dont happen to be a fan of Steel Panther, judging by the name? xD

Yes I do like Steel Panther but I've had Roxxx before I got into them.  Ginger is new. though. Thanks for the welcome. current/big_smile

Rest In Sleaze since it has the first Crash tune I heard and Generation Wild since So Alive was the first song I heard off that.

asked a friend if there is any good sleaze rock bands around and she should me Rest In Sleaze and Generation Wild. Being I refuse to copy or download records as I like to have the artwork with it I was only able to find the Savage Playground at a local record shop grabbed the last copy while I waited for the other two records to arrive after ordering them from Amazon.  Saw the band a week later and was hooked.

Jul-28-13 09:42:49
Topic: Watain

I go through phases with black metal but Watain,Behemoth and Immortal are the three main BM bands I listen to often. If someone doesn't like them that's their own opinion and there's nothing wrong with that.  I like how Watain are doing something a bit different compared to other black metal bands out there.  Other than that I get usually get bored quickly with it.

Jul-28-13 09:34:21
Don't be shy :)
Forum: New Members

I go by the name Ginger Roxxx or just Ginger. Got the name when I just joined a 80's style band I recently joined playing bass.  I pretty much listen to glam and NWOBHM.  Got into 80's rock when I saw the debut of Welcome to the Jungle back when MTV actually played videos. I also drum tech for a band some may know called Impaler from the US.  Rise of the Mutants and If We Had Brains We'd Be Dangerous were pretty popular when they came out.  Got into Crashdiet this year actually and a week later I saw them and was hooked. Favorite song by them is Breaking the Chainz and So Alive and was lucky to get a drum stick and I think its a bass pick. Was bummed the USA tour shirts were sold out but if the band comes back I will get one and may go to a few cities to see them.  Other than Motley,Gn'R,Faster Pussycat and Hanoi Rocks, Crashdiet is up there as my most played band on my playlist.
http://crashdiet.org/forum/images/agorapro/attachments/14278/Ginger-Roxxx.JPG

• Index
  • » Users
  • » MNGlambassist

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User: