izzie wrote:I seriously consider moving to Berlin. I'm so sick of everything that is the swedish society.
Some example? I'm actually planning moving to Stockholm after I finish the university (hopefully) this spring/summer, hah... Everything seems better than living here in Czech Republic.
Well, to summarize some of it:
- You basically can't say anything or have an opinion about anything without instantly getting put in a context that you often don't want anything to do with.
- The right-wing government keep struggling to lower taxes on the behalf of elder people, sick people and first and foremost, the children. They also keep adding totally incompetent people to their office.
- Racism is growing stronger for each day. The anti-immigrant party that is in the parliament right now is expected to get about 10% of the votes in our next election this fall. I do not want to live in a country where every tenth person support this.
- Caring about other people, especially people that you don't know, seems to have become a political standing point instead of something that you get with you from birth.
- There are suggestions that you will get grades in school from the age of eleven. I'm thinking alot of my future kids right now and I don't want them to grow up in a country where you are judged basically from right when you are able to think for yourself. You can ruin your whole life by misbehaving when you are eleven years old. If you get bad grades by that age chances are that you won't be willing to pick up for the future and then you won't get any higher education, and therefore no better work. You will be frozen out right from the start of your life.
Even the left-wing party with a reasonable chance to win the election are right-winged if you compare to other countries. Recently they even agreed to be able to work together with a right-wing party just to get to form a government. That's an enormous betrayal to the people in this country.
Well, there is a shitload of more things that is wrong in this country. This was only the political end of it.
Maybe similar patterns could be found in any country but I'm still hoping that is not the case. I just feel like I'm stuck in a pattern that I want to get out of as soon as possible. I feel so strangeled.
I wouldn't recommend anyone to move here.
This forum is slightly becoming 2 people show...
Yes that is what happens when people puke out their own thoughts instead of listen and discuss with others. It pretty much reflects real life in that sense, heh. It just doesn't feel worth to share anything when noone listens or cares and therefore everyone but the bravest ones gives up. Haha.
It would be nice to have some conversations that actually mattered here, like we used to. But it takes two to tango. Or more.
mrs v. viper wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how to do that "casual romantic interests" thing.
I'm not really that into it, but I think I need to find out what everyone's talking about. I feel very uncapable.
But is it romantic if you have to figure it out? Being romantic is to me to mentally fade into each others minds, not to light a candle when you eat dinner ehehehe
@ Anna and Izzie:
I was actually assigned to write an article about the FEMEN movement and holy cow, I strongly doubt that I've ever been doing that with such a disgust and contradictory feelings... I mean - feminism nowadays is really full of crap but when it gets mixed with supranational political/economical interests, that's a fair piece of shit.
mrs v. viper wrote:We can now move on to more important issues, like that fact that our environmnet stays the way it can sustain us and that we need a sustainable economy, fuck you very much.
Well everything is connected to everything so you shouldn't be surprised to encounter that kind of mixture, I'm just worried it will go down the same route as the racism "discussion" where you basically won't state your own opinion because of fear to differ from the "major conviction", since that really is a threat against democracy if you draw it to its point.
The feminism debate is taking over everything in this country. I mean, for obvious reasons I do want to support it, but when it just gets shoved down everyones throat its just counter productive.
(Media) people these days are so scared that they will say something wrong that they rather say nothing and all, and no good comes from that. A radio profile suggested some time ago that everyone should take turns and debate this, so the others brains could work with other things at times. Seems like a fair idea to me.