Hey there! I'm closing this place down and the migration of data to a new, improved website has started already, so keep in mind that anything you post from now is gonna be wiped! Will be back shortly with news. Cheers //LONDON

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » techwreckie

Aug-27-11 18:45:52
Category: CRASHDÏET Matters
Forum: Street Teams

I'm still alive current/smile

It's true that we've been neglecting the street team recently.

But basically, neither of us has the time to do it properly anymore.  We probably should have looked for someone new earlier, but it's better late than never! 

So if you're interested in taking over, send me a message saying why you think you should get the job, and then I'll pick someone and make them admin on the facebook page. 

But warning, it can be hard work!  What Fizzy says is right, it's very difficult to persuade anybody else to help out.

Jan-17-11 21:33:27
Category: Archive & Trash

Awesome, thanks!  current/big_smile

Oct-20-10 15:36:51

Knokk 'em Down - 4 (-)
Riot In Everyone - 6 (+)

Queen Obscene/69 Shots - 7
Breakin' The Chainz - 5
Needle In Your Eye - 3
Tikket - 6
Out Of Line - 5
It's A Miracle - 6
Straight Outta Hell - 3
Bakk On Track - 5

MrLee wrote:

Its the night before crashdietmas!!! N all the rockers are sleeping.

See you all tomorrow. Hopefully if i get to the front non of you will fight me to try take my post current/sad

We'll see  current/roll

Make sure to say hi if you see me (that's to anybody who's coming)

I'll have a Crashdiet UK Street Team shirt on  http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_cool.gif

izzie wrote:

I'm really excited current/big_smile

Me too  current/big_smile

Seeing Crash here in London always seemed like something that might happen far in the future...and now it's actually happening  current/big_smile

izzie wrote:

Jack Daniel's wrote:

if i've known that i would have but now i've already promised to work then..well i'll shout when i come there anyway so we can parrrrty together heh..ive heard you sweidsh cant drink right current/wink

Hahah i'm ready to prove you wrong...  current/big_smile

I've drunk with far too many Swedes to believe that you can prove that wrong   current/big_smile

I'm too damn excited for this  current/big_smile

Aug-21-10 03:55:46
Category: Off Topic
Forum: Music lovers

Mrs V. Viper wrote:

they have a new full son up on their myspace, "overloaded" (albumtiteltrack?)

sounds a little heavier I think, I like it!

Not bad...could be better though I think.  It's not so catchy...the chorus seems to drag a little.

Hehe I also notice that they're doing the big hair skulls thing....just like Crashdiet  current/roll

Yeah, congratulations man  current/big_smile

seabloom wrote:

I strongly consider to fly over too current/smile

Would be awesome to see you there  current/big_smile

MrLee wrote:

P. fizzy Suxx wrote:

joey_baccardï wrote:

Crashdïet will be in UK the 14/10 The Underworld, Camden London * Support Bands - Peep Show
& Lizzard King current/smile

how do you know?

its now on the bands website current/smile

Finally  current/big_smile  I'm so stoked  current/big_smile

Peter, is there any chance of getting some flyers to advertise the gig?

Jul-13-10 15:43:26

Sandy Sikk wrote:

Techwreckie wrote:

Hm, do we get more chance of winning the more reviews we write?   current/smile

thought about that too, but isn't it a bit unfair fore the people who are living for example in Australia and can't afford to buy so many things because it's expensive (shipping current/tongue) ?
coz: the less things they buy, the less reviews they can write, so the chance to win something isn't high, rite?^^

Jul-12-10 22:55:42

Hm, do we get more chance of winning the more reviews we write?   current/smile

Jul-12-10 18:34:17

Sandy Sikk wrote:

Mrs V. Viper wrote:

the shipping is cheaper now!! SOO AWESOME!!  http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/party0045.gif

hell yeah but i have to save my money .. but.. fuck i wanna have one of those shirts. grrr xD

Only one?  I wanna have every single different type they have!

It probably would work, but it would mean you'd have to spend some money on a prize!

Jul-12-10 18:30:55

WOWW I love it!  current/big_smile

May-11-10 14:40:41
Forum: On Tour

Thanks!  current/big_smile

Happy birthday  http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/Fete02.gif

And I was hoping you would take out me saying 1,2,3...  current/roll

Apr-26-10 14:16:25

AxL Whïte wrote:

I really want the one with the bandmembers skulls, so I wonder if it's going to be released. Or if it was just an idea...

I'm quite sure they will be  http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif

A glam club in London was giving some away at the weekend, I got one  current/big_smile

Apr-25-10 22:59:07

Mrs V. Viper wrote:

i don't know Bullet but supporting is not neccesarily a bad thing

Bullet are kinda funny.  I think so anyway.  They aren't a bad band but I can't take them seriously...I think it's because of the singer...  http://www.myspace.com/bulletsweden

Also I would have thought Crashdiet were more famous than Bullet, but maybe not...

Apr-25-10 20:05:08

AxL Whïte wrote:

Techwreckie wrote:

And looks like Bullet are headlining with Crashdiet as support  current/roll

yeah live nation says so  current/smile

It should be Crash headlining!  current/roll

Apr-25-10 18:41:36

And looks like Bullet are headlining with Crashdiet as support  current/roll

glam_junkie wrote:

did you read the whole review... it makes perfect sense.

"CRASHDÏET was born in a new millennium where the rock n roll scene had almost died out. No looks, no tricks, no flash and balls and definitely a lack of big songs.  Inspired by bands like SKID ROW, GUNS ´N ROSES, KISS and W.A.S.P, CRASHDÏET brought back the big shows, the rough-edge sleaze anthems and the rawness of an unpredictable and dangerous band. "

Basically it's saying in an era where music and rock shows are boring, crashdiet is bringing back the excitement.

Ah yeah, you're right  current/roll

freedomhelena wrote:

On the Frontier Online release page for Generation Wild it has a really confusing review
Release date: 23/04/2010
CRASHDÏET was born in a new millennium where the rock n roll scene had almost died out. No looks, no tricks, no flash and balls and definitely a lack of big songs. http://www.frontiers.it/Default.aspx?ta ... 010&svid=1.

I was wondering if it was a put down or it was suppose to be positive in a weird way. But it floored me because they are CRASHDIET'S Record Label. The other reviews for Y & T Facemelter has this review which should be a long the line of what should be said about Generation Wild.
Artist: Y & T
Release date: 21/05/2010
If you haven't yet taken Y&T's new album for a ride, grab your leathers, strap yourself in, and prepare to have your face melted.     Y & T: FACEMELTER

Most reviews are positive including Pretty Maids release so it has me thinking hmmm and no they didn't. Generation Wild Rocks and should be given a stellar review especially from the label that is distributing the album. I've never seen a review from SunCity Records, Eonian and some of the other Sleaze/Glam labels ever put down somebody that they were distributing. I am so not liking that..

I am a female and am unable to change my gender or add a pic to my profile. Freedomhelena (Wanda)

Sounds to me like it's maybe a bad translation from Italian or something, or someone with bad English wrote it...

It would be pretty stupid of the label to put down one of their own bands...you should email them and point it out, it's probably a misprint that they haven't noticed  current/roll

Apr-18-10 03:42:50

Agreed  current/big_smile

Apr-18-10 03:42:26

Oh and it's a great pic too  current/big_smile

Apr-18-10 00:58:46

Yeah, I noticed it too.  So many tshirts, so little money  current/sad

Apr-18-10 00:57:45

Done   current/big_smile

paxhell wrote:

Video from Bandit

Thanks!  current/big_smile

AxL Whïte wrote:

I didn't really like chemical at first but then I heard the "All I need" part which is reeeeeeeally catchy! I can't get it out of my head, but I DON*T WANT TO!  current/smile

Haha yeah me too!  current/big_smile

Mrs V. Viper wrote:

Yes we knew  current/roll

here are the clips:

http://www.tv4play.se/aktualitet/nyhets ... =1.1595499
http://www.tv4play.se/aktualitet/nyhets ... =1.1595439
http://www.tv4play.se/aktualitet/nyhets ... =1.1595497
FUCK commercials..

first time for me to hear Native nature,  AWESOME!! that riff already catched me after that studio clip. blew me away!! Simon Collected some more pluspoints current/big_smile
Martin has a new tatotoo, which is great current/big_smile
and WHOOOOO I LOVE this Band

Did anybody get a chance to get this recorded?

It was far too early for me  current/roll

Mrs V. Viper wrote:

no one was angry at people listening to samples current/smile

@techwreckie: look, we obviously have different opinions here, and I think we both ahve good reasons why we think what we think. So let's not fight about it, okay current/smile

Okay  http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif

Mrs V. Viper wrote:

Are you guys serious?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I think every fan you got the link (and I'm talking mainly about the fans who got it early) should have just kept their mouth shut!! And not be so stupid and listen to it with scrobble so everyone can see it ad starts searching for it.
And now you open this thread, and those who maybe didn't realised til now that it leaked will search it too.

And there will be those who mght have buyed the Album on the 14th butnow they have it already and think"uh..I'll buy it later" and then it will MAYBE never happen. Mybe it will not harm the band finacially seen, yews because it would have been on the net the 14th evening anyway.

Bute ther are reasons for things like release dates... and it's not supposed to be out. Period.

Magazine reviewers have had the album for ages now, what's the difference if we get to listen to it too? 

And the people who don't buy it on the 14th because they heard it now are the people who would wait to download it after the release date and not buy it anyway. 

Who's listening to it with scrobble?  And I downloaded the 1 minute samples before - when I listen to them with scrobble or MSN or whatever it looks to others like they're the real songs, so what should I do? XD

ziggy wrote:

Rox Flowers wrote:

Hey, don't be a pirate.  :evil:  It doesn't support the band in any way.

Doesn't harm them either, I think everyone here who's downloaded the leak has also pre-ordered the album, so there's no problem.

Apr-11-10 03:36:34

Mrs V. Viper wrote:

he's a friend of my boyfriend's Gran, and about 80 years old or somethig, so i guess he existed in the 80s current/big_smile
it was very funny i have to admit  current/big_smile It all started because i wear a Airbourne shirt wich features a skull current/big_smile
He was like "what is that on your shirt?" "Oh that.. its a band shirt" "one of those blasphemic Rock bands?" " uhmm yeah a rock band yes" "THOSE BANDS HAVE A BAD INFLUENCE ON YOU YOUNG PEOPLE!!!! THEY SHOULD BE FORBIDDEN!!!THEY IDOLIZE DESTRUCTION AND BAD BEHAVIOUR!!"

funniest discussion ever xD

Hahaha oh dear, I want to meet this dude  current/big_smile  And take him to see Crashdiet   current/lol

Apr-11-10 00:40:48

Mrs V. Viper wrote:

I did some flyering today too current/smile but only very few, i wlked through the town and spotted 5 or 6 person who looked okay and i talked to them a little.. not if i was convincing enough current/hmm
and i had a wild discussion with someone who said rockmusich is bad, evil and satanic  current/lol

Hahaha I've never met someone like that, I thought they only existed in the 80s...  current/roll  I want to meet one!  current/big_smile

MrLee wrote:

i also think they should left the B-sides on the album too XD

N maybe had So Alive as the opener, removed Armageddon n replaced it with Sick Mind

Top track for me...definately Native Nature. I mean, you get filthy riffs, cowbell,  sleaze....and..... "HUH!" and probably the best guitar solo on the album.

I think this is a damn good album....do i think its topped R.I.S though? No....Rest in Sleaze was a bit grittier which gives it the edge for me. Generation Wild is very polished. I guess it depends on your preferences with production though.

Strange that you don't like Armageddon, I think it's one of the strongest songs, but fair enough!

I like every single track on the album - I couldn't name a favourite but my least favourite is probably Rebel.  Still a great song though!

There's one part in Chemical, it sounds really poppy, almost dance music.  I quite like it though, makes me want to sing along.

I think the album definitely has a good mix of hard rockers (Native Nature) more poppy numbers (Chemical) and ballads (Save Her, Beautiful Pain). 

And I think it tops RIS.  For me anyhow.  RIS has a couple songs that I don't really like, I like every song on GW.  And it seems to be going back to their 80s roots a bit more than RIS did.  And I'm usually a fan of more polished production, although RamPac and Lindell seem to have preserved the grit under the polish  http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif   In any case, they're both awesome albums.  Generation Wild without question beats any other album I've heard since RIS came out.

Apr-10-10 18:02:26

nage wrote:

Hey, we even forced some flyers to a Tigertailz guy.... no, I don't know his name, whatever.  current/lol (pity I didn't have my Tigertailz top on, maybe he'd take more flyers? XD)

Quireboys are playing at Jazz Cafe on 16th, Alex. We can give away flyers there.

Wrong, 23rd  http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif

As promised, enjoy!

Crashdiet want to break new ground

Have seven years, three albums and one death cleaned up Crashdiet's dirty sleaze at heart? 

Would not believe it.

- We're wild, we'll fuck you up says Simon Cruz and returns quietly to his beer. 

Spandex, swinging hips and scratchy falsetto vocals.  In 2003 Crashdiet made their rock'n'roll dreams a reality.  Seven years later, the band is releasing their third record, "Generation Wild".   

- It's been a bit of a journey, if you can put it like that.  When we started it was chaos.  We partied our talent away.  But over time we've learnt that it's not good to let the music suffer.  It's much better if you put the music before the partying, says guitarist Martin Sweet. 

The band's heaviest blow came in 2006 when their singer Dave Lepard committed suicide. 

The tragedy split the band.

- We were a different band at that time, not so close together.  It was turbulent and we argued a lot, so there were mixed feelings when he died.  First we were as pissed as hell at him, that he could do such a thing.  But with time, it sunk in that it was about something deeper than the band.  He felt mentally ill and when we began to understand the whole thing...it turned very quickly to missing him, says Martin Sweet. 

He goes quiet. 

- We became much closer to each other after his death.  And we realised that there wasn't time to argue and mess around.  We are together in the band because we love making music.  That's the only thing we want. 

- What can we live for if we don't live for music?  That's why we've ended up here.  We can't imagine living any other life, adds the bands new singer Simon Cruz. 

He joined before the work on "Generation Wild". 

- I rang up.  I thought that I'd have to get to know the guys a little, try playing a little.  We did the whole thing; audition, travelled and drank together, everything you should do with a band.  We wrote a few songs and it felt so good, better than all expectations, says Cruz. 

And how does it feel now?

- I have fucking huge hopes.  I think we can take every fucking little village in the USA.  And the rest of the world. 

The new album "Generation Wild" has made them even more cocky. 

- It's quite 80s, but with a modern touch.  Dirty guitar riffs, big choruses, fat drums and shrill vocals.  That's what we stand for - raw fucking damnation and rock'n'roll, says Martin Sweet. 

- The inspiration comes from our experiences in town or in the pub, our partying.  And we write about what we think is difficult in life, says Simon Cruz. 

What can be difficult?

- Like, working.  Getting up in the morning, that kind of thing.  Being hungover. 

Martin Sweet continues:

- To be forced to do something you don't want to do to make ends meet.  We don't have time to work, we do what we want.  So-called shambles-bands...it shines through that it's half-hearted.  You can't have a fulltime job and be a serious band.

Apr-10-10 14:48:13

Me and Nage gave out a lot of flyers after Michael Monroe's London gig last night  current/big_smile

Next big chance is when Decadence (a glam/sleaze club in London) is running a Crashdiet night  current/big_smile

DSV218 wrote:

Sweet, looking forward to the translation of the interview  current/smile
Really nice picture as well.

Yeah, I really liked the photo.

Though I'm not sure about Simon's eyepatch...  current/roll

Mrs V. Viper wrote:

thanks Alex... I hate to ask but could you do the Noje article too?

I hate not understanding swedish  current/neutral

Maybe  http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif  It's a longer one with more words I don't understand, but I will try to do it in the next few days  http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif

Was a bit bored so I translated the latest album review for everyone, enjoy!

Crashdiet formed in 2000 and made their breakthrough with the debut “Rest In Sleaze”.  On the 20th January 2006 frontman Dave Lepard (David Hellman) was found dead.  The band continued with Finn Olliver Twisted, who’s now been replaced by Simon Cruz.

Whether Swedish Sleaze is still able to make an impression depends on whether the public accept Crashdiets third singer in as many albums.  Simon Cruz undeniably has everything – from a cocky look to a both clean and attitude-full voice.  With him at the front the band has found a brilliant bridge between their own past and hard rock’s cemetery.  They plunder keenly and primarily from Skid Row (“Native Nature”) but also from the delicious mega-backing vocals of extravagant 70s glam.  And is it not the Beatles who are watching over “Chemical”? 

It may be sacrilege, but Generation Wild actually trumps the holy debut “Rest In Sleaze”.

Mrs V. Viper wrote:

can't you edit it and add "April Fool" or something in the titel?

Done, thanks  current/smile

JuLiuS Leopard wrote:

I believed because I saw this topic now and didn't think about April Fools  current/yikes

Yeah...I was hoping there would be some more posts here since then, so it would move down  current/neutral

Apr-05-10 17:14:42

Crashcrueroxx wrote:

Mick-Mad4114 wrote:

But everyone is looking way too deep into this video.

When a director makes a video, EVERYTHING they choose to have in it is there for a reason.  So you have to look into it deeply.

For instance, even the chair Simon is sitting on.  Someone had to pick that chair out from among some other chairs.  Why did they choose that one? 

(You don't need to answer that question, it's just an example)

Apr-04-10 19:25:33

Crashcrueroxx wrote:

does she not use a drill, to fuck him up at the end?

the kind of drill you see people workmen digging up roads with? theyre loud... and you see these blokes with earmuffs...

theyre probably ear muffs....

who cares anyway!?!? its a cool video, and doesnt HAVE to relate to the song!?
she just wants to fuck him up! hahaha

We were talking about the things she takes off in the last shot when she's sitting in front of a laptop  http://www.crashdiet.org/components/com_agora/converter/{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif

Apr-04-10 18:01:36

Actually...I checked again, maybe they aren't headphones, they have a of wires going to them. 

Although I think if the director wanted them to be some virtual-reality thing, he should have made it more obvious.  They look like headphones if you don't look closely.

Apr-04-10 14:47:09

icey wrote:

nage wrote:

...taking off her earphones and walking away...

It's not earphones. It's something that's attached to the sides of her head. Kinda looks like medical equipment.

I think they are earphones...the big kind that hooks round your ear.  I think she listens to Generation Wild on her break from work, and imagines doing all that stuff to Simon.

• Index
  • » Users
  • » techwreckie

Board Info

Board Stats
Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info
Total Users:
Newest User:
Members Online: