Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » julius leopard

Feb-27-14 23:41:48
Category: CRASHDÏET Matters

I get your point Viper. But I'm a bit scared because I see an unofficial release for sale every now.

How much time has passed since the last "hey buy this now"?

I'm not totally against this kind of stuff... I mean, nobody is forced nor bound to buy it. But sometimes it seems like Crashdiet has lost the way and got attracted by the market thing. And this isn't Crashdiet!

Do you remember the line "be yourself not a puppet in their freak show"? And the one that say "I can't stand be in the spotlight?"

I know that fans kept asking for the old demos to be re-released. So why sell only 8 tracks?

Don't get me wrong. I still love these guys but I'm just scared by those fancy banners.

Feb-27-14 20:47:04

To be honest, I probably won't buy this one. I'm sorry but 22€ are too much for 8 songs which I already have and listened to for years...

What is happening? I see too much business behind Diet's music these days...

I'm sure lots of people won't agree with me but I feel a bit disapointed.

Just my two cents... Cheers guyz!

Oct-03-13 15:20:15

These songs are A W E S O M E!!!

I think that Crashdiet never released them because they are a bit far from their typical sleaze. But hey, they deserved that money!!!

Cornestone Trippin' was the "Sample 1" from Generation Wild era, while Unforgettable is older stuff. I remember an old instrumental demo called  "Can't Stop Loving You"...

I'm still missing sample 9 and Parasite, but I hope it's just a matter of time. One day, we'll probably taste them too current/wink.

Sep-05-13 22:17:24
A news article featuring a youtube video with Danny, Dave's cousin.

mrs v. viper wrote:

^yeah I noticed, but I haven't seen you for a while. I've been worse actually.. going to move to England for a couple of months for a student exchange in 3 weeks current/smile Hope you are well too!

Yeah, I feel alright. I hate my job, but since these are hard times for Italy (especially for young people), I could say I'm lucky current/smile.

Sep-05-13 22:07:46

mrs v. viper wrote:

cool to see you here again Julius!

Hi Viper, how are ya? I have been following this forum regularly since 2009, but I don't write lots of posts. I'm glad this playground is still alive.

Sep-05-13 21:58:49

Nice version, it was kinda rare.

Even though I miss the "alarm-like" scream of Olli before the solo, I overall prefer the way Simon actually sings it.
I know they will never re-record it, but I had the chance to hear it live and was awesome.

Sep-05-13 21:54:25
Thoughts, Reviews, and Comments

I really really really liked this live.

I written a review on the market, but I'd like to share it with ya forum fanatics too. I apologise (as every post :p) for my bad english, but I hope it's understandable current/tongue.

------------------------------

The opening track, Change The World, is a sort of hymn. It encorauges people to think with their own mind and live is just awesome. Circus is another track which comes from the street. Every word smells like gutter, while the guitar keep screaming like a hot girl for the entire song.

The third song, Tikket, is a nice piece of songwriting and it's well performed by the current line-up. Although it has been written by Dave Lepard, Simon and the guyz play it with lots of feeling. Anarchy is just perfect for a live show: it has the words, the power and the blast of a riot.

Then, Breakin The Chainz reminds us the old days, but nowadays it's played in a nice original way, so it sounds like it was written yesterday. Rebel: the title says all. It's one of the most loved track in Generation Wild, but the stage's taste glorify it in a mystic way.

The work behind records infects the studio version of Chemical. Now we have the chance to hear it in a more natural way, enjoying every single note. Queen Obscene is a classic and one of the most beautiful song of the last decade. Live is pure madness, and the guyz know how to exalt it. Then we can admire the sounds of Got A Reason, with experimental riffs and guitar works. This is a nice piece of classic Rock 'n' Roll, and live is as raw as dirty sex.

It's A Miracle and Riot In Everyone are pearls of Dave Lepard; but he's still in Crashdiet's hearts. We clearly feel him, even if they are sang by another rocker. Simon Cruz performs 'em well: in a personal way, but with the right sensations and emotions. Between those two masterpieces, we find Garden Of Babylon. The oriental shades are excited by this live version, which shows us that Crashdiet can make the difference with every song.

Excited could be the sountrack of a Hollywood's Movie. The rythm and the lyrics explode on stage, this version is so emotional and unique. The piano of Otto Welton and the technique of Crashdiet narrate this urban story with feeling and pleasure.

The presence of Liquid Jesus is a good surprise. It's a bonus track, so it wasn't expected to be heard live. Thin Lazy, Linda Öst and Otto Welton give the right “color” at this exibition. This song is perfect for parties and sad days. It took yer pain away. Another anthem is Generation Wild. The title track of the third album of Crashdiet was clearly written to be lived on stage. The lyrics are thrilling and attractive, clearly speaking about the rising of a generation. But every good generation should follow them.

The last track of “Scandinavian Hell Tour 2013” is Cocaine Cowboys. The blues jam acting as intro is something Crashdiet never shared with the fans. It's another revelation of this show and introduces one of the rawest song of the latest studio work. On stage is just wonderful.

So... This is my poor review. I just shared it with you all because this record was worth every money I spent. 100% recommended!

------------------------------

May-10-13 22:53:22
Japan bonus track

Not bad at all, I like it current/smile.

But now I'm waiting for  "Parasite" and "Sample 9"

May-05-13 23:59:16
I think many here make their own music, and I'm curious about your actual working process.
Category: Off Topic
Forum: Music lovers

I've written countless songs too.

I find inspiration in everyday life. That's why I nrmally start with the lyrics.

Once the lyrics are quite right and reflects my feelings, I chose a scale and start the music.

I cut some words and sentences, just to fit the rythm.

Sometimes I work with bass 'n' paper, sometimes directly via TuxGuitar. The only limit is your fantasy.

I try to find the notes for the voices too, but this is the hardest part since I'm not a good singer.

May-05-13 14:58:42
Japan bonus track

Holy shit... The Cult! What a surprise!

Sounds interesting. I love stories behind lyrics and musical inspiration.

01. Change the World 29 (-)
12. Excited 36 (+)

Feb-07-13 20:00:59
Forum: Exposed

Sorry, but to me it's quite good, but nothing special.

beautïful wrote:

I was on the brink of getting bored, just expecting something to happen.

I had the same feeling.

My favourite video is "Cocaine Cowboys": funny and entertaining  current/smile

Feb-07-13 19:55:33
your thoughts on the production

izzie wrote:

ust beacuse everyone is comparing it to RIS

Am I the only one who hates the production in Rest In Sleaze?

And to stay in topic, I think they changed the production because the songs are also different from the standard of Crashdiet. They looked for a rougher feel, which is far from Generation Wild.

But it doesn't exactly sound like live stuffs: listen to the back voices on California for example.

I like the whole thing (it took me some time though, because it's different), but I hate some vocal overdubs (chorus of  "Got A Reason"). I can't find the right words, maybe I'll express them in the "fan review" thread.

I miss the "RamPac" duo on some riffs (think about "Drinkin' Without You" with the bass sound of "Down With The Dust"), but Excited is like a pearl (seems like it's ready for a movie).

01. Change the World 8
02. Cocaine Cowboys 5
03. Anarchy 4
04. California 5 (-)
05. Lickin' Dog 4 (+)
06. Circus 8
09. Drinkin' Without You 5
10. Snakes in Paradise 4
11. Damaged Kid 7
12. Excited 9
13. Garden of Babylon 7

Feb-05-13 22:23:10
What you think?

I think Simon sings it with more feeling, but maybe it's just me...

And it's not easy to change a song once it's written (think about scales and melodies). Especially for vocals...

EDIT:
You can also listen to the demos before TUR: the song is nearly the same, although singers 'n' lyrics are different.

Feb-05-13 19:53:26
What you think?

Albianrock 2010!!! I was there: what an amazing show!

I agree. Simon sings Falling Rain very well: what a gust of emotion!

It's Circus right now, but I feel something good in every song.

Feb-05-13 14:10:44
Forum: Street Teams

2 years have been gone since I saw Crashdiet live...

I think it's time to jump on a fucking train and leave Trento behind for a gig.

01. Change the World 8
02. Cocaine Cowboys 4
03. Anarchy 4
04. California 6
05. Lickin' Dog 5
06. Circus 7
09. Drinkin' Without You 5
10. Snakes in Paradise 6
11. Damaged Kid 6
12. Excited 8
13. Garden of Babylon 7

• Index
  • » Users
  • » julius leopard

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
madcandy
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Chatterbox

Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
Mcinsanity: hehe
madcandy: i'm tall and i love it hahah
KerLondonLepard: hehehe
KerLondonLepard: I'm shorttttttttttttttttttt
KerLondonLepard: ahahahha
Danny Oliveira: I'm 1,65 and you girls ?
KerLondonLepard: 1,60 hehe
madcandy: i'm 1,69-1,70
Mcinsanity: 1.53
Mcinsanity: :D
KerLondonLepard: Awww :3
Mcinsanity: haha:D
Danny Oliveira: :) I like short people they are cute
KerLondonLepard: hahaha
KerLondonLepard: aaahhahahaha :D
madcandy: hahahaha and me too
madcandy: rlly
KerLondonLepard: aww **
Mcinsanity: :D
KerLondonLepard: :3
madcandy: so i should goin to sleep. good night to you all girls :)
KerLondonLepard: good night honey! :D
Mcinsanity: Good night! was nice to talk with u
Danny Oliveira: good night
KerLondonLepard: for me too! :D
madcandy: :)
Danny Oliveira: I have to go .... so bye bye girls see u soon I will be back
KerLondonLepard: bye danny :D
KerLondonLepard: see u soon! :D
Mcinsanity: bye! :)
KerLondonLepard: bye bye :)
Mcinsanity: I should really go sleep too, tomorrow i need to wake up early :(
KerLondonLepard: sure dear! goodnight :D
Mcinsanity: So... Good night my friends! It was so nice to talk with you! <3 :)
KerLondonLepard: too for me honey! <3 see u soon! :D
KerLondonLepard: it was nice to chat with u :D

Only registered users can chat!
Please register or login :)

Recent Forum Topics

by Kraljosovina
Today 08:08:22
by Kraljosovina
Oct-18-14 23:33:24
by miszczurek
Oct-13-14 14:35:45
by Sleazoid